4 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2011 - 10:38PM #1
Kokoro
I have a dream where I am taking care of some owls for my best friend--he is in fact male, and a love interest, in case that is important--and my boyfriend is taking a large bell-barrelled shotgun and shooting the owls. One owl, a snowy owl, in particular I keep trying to protect. This owl is the one I am able to end up saving, but my boyfriend keeps trying to feed me slabs of the dead owls' meat that he has fried up. The scenery is mountainous and there are many trees and fog.

This dream has been giving me troubles. The part when my boyfriend tries to feed me the owl meat is particuarily disturbing to me and I also have a vivid memory of what the snowy owl felt like, despite having never touched an owl before.

Thank you for any effort! The interpretations I keep finding are very frustratingly hard to make sense of, and I can't find the parts bothering me most. I can provide any information needed! Thank you again for reading!
“I'm just preparing my impromptu remarks.” - Winston Churchill
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2011 - 9:13PM #2
dreamhealth

Is the best friend, male, the same person as the boyfriend? I didn't think so.

I can see why you are perpexed over this. Basically, it is a story of conflict, conflicting forces within based on your life now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2011 - 2:46PM #3
Shamanmystic

Feb 10, 2011 -- 10:38PM, Kokoro wrote:

I have a dream where I am taking care of some owls for my best friend--he is in fact male, and a love interest, in case that is important--and my boyfriend is taking a large bell-barrelled shotgun and shooting the owls. One owl, a snowy owl, in particular I keep trying to protect. This owl is the one I am able to end up saving, but my boyfriend keeps trying to feed me slabs of the dead owls' meat that he has fried up. The scenery is mountainous and there are many trees and fog.

This dream has been giving me troubles. The part when my boyfriend tries to feed me the owl meat is particuarily disturbing to me and I also have a vivid memory of what the snowy owl felt like, despite having never touched an owl before.

Thank you for any effort! The interpretations I keep finding are very frustratingly hard to make sense of, and I can't find the parts bothering me most. I can provide any information needed! Thank you again for reading!

I draw attention to your quote : "I am taking care of some owls for my best friend--he is in fact male, and a love interest, in case that is important." Yeah I'd say that's pretty important.

Personally I see the owls as wisdom or learning.. Think wise as an owl...

Now you are caring for friend / love interest owls and boyfriend is killin em and feeding em back to ya.. Curious is the fella your taking care of owls for is he learned and wise in your eyes? Does he deliver pearls of wisdom? Also do you tell your current boyfriend these quotes and "wise" thoughts only to have him "kill them" and feed em back to ya.

Now there's many ways to interpret any dream and it's basically up to the dreamer to muse over it's true meaning.. Only then will true insight be gained.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2011 - 11:58PM #4
Kokoro

Thank you both! I am glad to have some input. I never really settled on even a vague meaning for this dream. It would actually be more relevent LATELY than it was when I posted it according any meaning I can deduce, but oh well, I guess my mind is a little bit screwy! Thank you again!

“I'm just preparing my impromptu remarks.” - Winston Churchill
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook