Post Reply
Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Dynamic of Offense
4 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2010 - 9:59AM #1
BBarton
Posts: 1,670

I took offense at indirect slurs from insanity, delusional, poorly educated, void of reasoning, etc...  and was reminded of my 1st conversation with the antagonist, when I asked him to get off o'my cloud, but then suggested he deep it, as I had to fly!  He didn't enjoy reading that as much as I had writing it, and became offended.  I felt responsible and didn't want to leave him behind.  -I wouldn't want to be left!


Twice, I heard the warnings against engaging in argument with an "anti-believer".  one of the scripture readings the coming sunday was that which the first two spoke of.  As an appreciator of Spirit, the confirmation was undeniable.  Still, I would want someone to come for me, if I were estranged in some way.  But there are those who are not estranged, but rather quite familiar.  Their questions are not to satiate a curious mind, but bate for bashing.  Their mouths are like toxic fonts, they don't want to transcend, but to clip the wings off others to make them as hopeless earthbound souls.


It's okay to go into the fire for another; you might get your arm burnt, but that's not our home, and those who choose to be there will only try to pull others in.


Dominionists' type of energy browbeats, insults, tries to nullify opposing views and otherwise bully in their quest for dominion.  These are self-absorbed and do not allow for other perspectives or conclusions.  When such a one tries to justify himself as "scientfic", it rings hollow; for one doesn't have to be intolerant or mean-spirited to be a scientist.  -As if there are no scientists who believe in the oneness of being beyond ego, (whether singular or collective).


Dominionists might be ignorant to the base reason for their intolerance whether toward any segment of society, be it; "believers", political interest, sexual orientation, nation/race, etc...  In regard to business their mantra is: "It's just business".  The common thread is a lack of humanity or appreciation of another's humanity.


Patriarchy justifies itself and is not aware how it fails itself and all.  This type of collective thought is energy; it has gravitational pull (i.e. peer pressure) and is what Enoch among many refer to as an Archon, Yeshua called them "princes of the air".  They only have words, hands and feet, when we lend ours.  They are not limited to one person, time or place, but to any occasion someone surrenders throughout the generations and the world.


I took offense, because it was hurtful and disrespectful.  My feet are clay, but being blessed with more than that, I am reminded: offense is always a choice, whether imagined or given on a silver platter.  It's easy to offend one another.  Some take offense at hearing a different perspective, while others try to offend as a way to break down the other.  The trick is to see past the offense for the benefit of All.


There's a really great piece by dr Judith Orloff on Beliefnet, entitled "Stop Absorbing Other Peoples's Negativity


www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/2010/07/Ho...


As we only have so much productive energy, I want to invest what I have where it can be appreciated, even get a return.  Thanks for the venue, and for all the kind and inspiring words.  Peace, B


   

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2010 - 12:36PM #2
teilhard
Posts: 51,372

"God" Bless(+) you ...


Dec 3, 2010 -- 9:59AM, BBarton wrote:


I took offense at indirect slurs from insanity, delusional, poorly educated, void of reasoning, etc...  and was reminded of my 1st conversation with the antagonist, when I asked him to get off o'my cloud, but then suggested he deep it, as I had to fly!  He didn't enjoy reading that as much as I had writing it, and became offended.  I felt responsible and didn't want to leave him behind.  -I wouldn't want to be left!


Twice, I heard the warnings against engaging in argument with an "anti-believer".  one of the scripture readings the coming sunday was that which the first two spoke of.  As an appreciator of Spirit, the confirmation was undeniable.  Still, I would want someone to come for me, if I were estranged in some way.  But there are those who are not estranged, but rather quite familiar.  Their questions are not to satiate a curious mind, but bate for bashing.  Their mouths are like toxic fonts, they don't want to transcend, but to clip the wings off others to make them as hopeless earthbound souls.


It's okay to go into the fire for another; you might get your arm burnt, but that's not our home, and those who choose to be there will only try to pull others in.


Dominionists' type of energy browbeats, insults, tries to nullify opposing views and otherwise bully in their quest for dominion.  These are self-absorbed and do not allow for other perspectives or conclusions.  When such a one tries to justify himself as "scientfic", it rings hollow; for one doesn't have to be intolerant or mean-spirited to be a scientist.  -As if there are no scientists who believe in the oneness of being beyond ego, (whether singular or collective).


Dominionists might be ignorant to the base reason for their intolerance whether toward any segment of society, be it; "believers", political interest, sexual orientation, nation/race, etc...  In regard to business their mantra is: "It's just business".  The common thread is a lack of humanity or appreciation of another's humanity.


Patriarchy justifies itself and is not aware how it fails itself and all.  This type of collective thought is energy; it has gravitational pull (i.e. peer pressure) and is what Enoch among many refer to as an Archon, Yeshua called them "princes of the air".  They only have words, hands and feet, when we lend ours.  They are not limited to one person, time or place, but to any occasion someone surrenders throughout the generations and the world.


I took offense, because it was hurtful and disrespectful.  My feet are clay, but being blessed with more than that, I am reminded: offense is always a choice, whether imagined or given on a silver platter.  It's easy to offend one another.  Some take offense at hearing a different perspective, while others try to offend as a way to break down the other.  The trick is to see past the offense for the benefit of All.


There's a really great piece by dr Judith Orloff on Beliefnet, entitled "Stop Absorbing Other Peoples's Negativity


www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/2010/07/Ho...


As we only have so much productive energy, I want to invest what I have where it can be appreciated, even get a return.  Thanks for the venue, and for all the kind and inspiring words.  Peace, B


   





Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2010 - 2:24PM #3
Vardu
Posts: 786

All this "Oh, I'm so offended" business invariably comes from those who have embraced insupportable beliefs and who long for them to be immune from criticism, revision, or rejection, and who get into a real huff when they are closely scrutinized. As I've said elsewhere, the faith that lies behind and inspires such transparently unjustified notions - otherwise so confidently held - tends to rapidly bleed out when its postulations come under close inspection. Perhaps this is the true dynamic of offense, which definitely has the rancid smell of the craven about it.


And, like it or not, it is a matter of education (rather than schooling), and one of the hallmarks of intelligence is not whether one believes in god, Yeshua, or some other apotheosized human notion, but the quality of the processes that underlie such beliefs.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2010 - 8:41AM #4
teilhard
Posts: 51,372

Yes ... I've noticed exactly that Affect in SOME of The Atheist-Skeptic-Materialist Folks, as per, e.g., the EXTRAORDINARY Exasperation and Vituperation expressed by, e.g., Dawkins, Hitchens, et al. ...


Dec 3, 2010 -- 2:24PM, Vardu wrote:


All this "Oh, I'm so offended" business invariably comes from those who have embraced insupportable beliefs and who long for them to be immune from criticism, revision, or rejection, and who get into a real huff when they are closely scrutinized.





Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2010 - 1:21AM #5
Vardu
Posts: 786

Hitchens can be a little like you describe, but mostly justifiably so. Dawkins, on the other hand, is invariably polite about it.


No, the dynamic of offense lies - as I've said before - in the fact that believers are as sensitive as a sun burnt neck about their beliefs. There is no mystery - as I have also  previously identified - why this is the case.


Dec 5, 2010 -- 8:41AM, teilhard wrote:


Yes ... I've noticed exactly that Affect in SOME of The Atheist-Skeptic-Materialist Folks, as per, e.g., the EXTRAORDINARY Exasperation and Vituperation expressed by, e.g., Dawkins, Hitchens, et al. ...


Dec 3, 2010 -- 2:24PM, Vardu wrote:


All this "Oh, I'm so offended" business invariably comes from those who have embraced insupportable beliefs and who long for them to be immune from criticism, revision, or rejection, and who get into a real huff when they are closely scrutinized.









Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2010 - 10:29AM #6
teilhard
Posts: 51,372

No ... Dawkins' MOCKING and INSULTS are NOT "polite," no matter HOW even-toned-calmly "British-ly" he hurls them ...


Dec 6, 2010 -- 1:21AM, Vardu wrote:


Hitchens can be a little like you describe, but mostly justifiably so. Dawkins, on the other hand, is invariably polite about it.


No, the dynamic of offense lies - as I've said before - in the fact that believers are as sensitive as a sun burnt neck about their beliefs. There is no mystery - as I have also  previously identified - why this is the case.


Dec 5, 2010 -- 8:41AM, teilhard wrote:


Yes ... I've noticed exactly that Affect in SOME of The Atheist-Skeptic-Materialist Folks, as per, e.g., the EXTRAORDINARY Exasperation and Vituperation expressed by, e.g., Dawkins, Hitchens, et al. ...


Dec 3, 2010 -- 2:24PM, Vardu wrote:


All this "Oh, I'm so offended" business invariably comes from those who have embraced insupportable beliefs and who long for them to be immune from criticism, revision, or rejection, and who get into a real huff when they are closely scrutinized.













Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2010 - 1:22AM #7
Vardu
Posts: 786

Doubtless those sensitive about their belief - no matter how bizarre or unjustified - will perceive any kind of close scrutiny as "mocking' and "insulting".


 


Dec 6, 2010 -- 10:29AM, teilhard wrote:


No ... Dawkins' MOCKING and INSULTS are NOT "polite," no matter HOW even-toned-calmly "British-ly" he hurls them ...


Dec 6, 2010 -- 1:21AM, Vardu wrote:


Hitchens can be a little like you describe, but mostly justifiably so. Dawkins, on the other hand, is invariably polite about it.


No, the dynamic of offense lies - as I've said before - in the fact that believers are as sensitive as a sun burnt neck about their beliefs. There is no mystery - as I have also  previously identified - why this is the case.


Dec 5, 2010 -- 8:41AM, teilhard wrote:


Yes ... I've noticed exactly that Affect in SOME of The Atheist-Skeptic-Materialist Folks, as per, e.g., the EXTRAORDINARY Exasperation and Vituperation expressed by, e.g., Dawkins, Hitchens, et al. ...


Dec 3, 2010 -- 2:24PM, Vardu wrote:


All this "Oh, I'm so offended" business invariably comes from those who have embraced insupportable beliefs and who long for them to be immune from criticism, revision, or rejection, and who get into a real huff when they are closely scrutinized.

















Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2010 - 7:06AM #8
BIRK
Posts: 1,914

   Bless you Sweet Spirit.  Thank you for sharing your light with the world.


    You are oh so L@VED!


Dec 3, 2010 -- 9:59AM, BBarton wrote:


I took offense at indirect slurs from insanity, delusional, poorly educated, void of reasoning, etc...  and was reminded of my 1st conversation with the antagonist, when I asked him to get off o'my cloud, but then suggested he deep it, as I had to fly!  He didn't enjoy reading that as much as I had writing it, and became offended.  I felt responsible and didn't want to leave him behind.  -I wouldn't want to be left!


Twice, I heard the warnings against engaging in argument with an "anti-believer".  one of the scripture readings the coming sunday was that which the first two spoke of.  As an appreciator of Spirit, the confirmation was undeniable.  Still, I would want someone to come for me, if I were estranged in some way.  But there are those who are not estranged, but rather quite familiar.  Their questions are not to satiate a curious mind, but bate for bashing.  Their mouths are like toxic fonts, they don't want to transcend, but to clip the wings off others to make them as hopeless earthbound souls.


It's okay to go into the fire for another; you might get your arm burnt, but that's not our home, and those who choose to be there will only try to pull others in.


Dominionists' type of energy browbeats, insults, tries to nullify opposing views and otherwise bully in their quest for dominion.  These are self-absorbed and do not allow for other perspectives or conclusions.  When such a one tries to justify himself as "scientfic", it rings hollow; for one doesn't have to be intolerant or mean-spirited to be a scientist.  -As if there are no scientists who believe in the oneness of being beyond ego, (whether singular or collective).


Dominionists might be ignorant to the base reason for their intolerance whether toward any segment of society, be it; "believers", political interest, sexual orientation, nation/race, etc...  In regard to business their mantra is: "It's just business".  The common thread is a lack of humanity or appreciation of another's humanity.


Patriarchy justifies itself and is not aware how it fails itself and all.  This type of collective thought is energy; it has gravitational pull (i.e. peer pressure) and is what Enoch among many refer to as an Archon, Yeshua called them "princes of the air".  They only have words, hands and feet, when we lend ours.  They are not limited to one person, time or place, but to any occasion someone surrenders throughout the generations and the world.


I took offense, because it was hurtful and disrespectful.  My feet are clay, but being blessed with more than that, I am reminded: offense is always a choice, whether imagined or given on a silver platter.  It's easy to offend one another.  Some take offense at hearing a different perspective, while others try to offend as a way to break down the other.  The trick is to see past the offense for the benefit of All.


There's a really great piece by dr Judith Orloff on Beliefnet, entitled "Stop Absorbing Other Peoples's Negativity


www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration/2010/07/Ho...


As we only have so much productive energy, I want to invest what I have where it can be appreciated, even get a return.  Thanks for the venue, and for all the kind and inspiring words.  Peace, B


 





Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2010 - 7:42AM #9
BIRK
Posts: 1,914

  Why are you so resistant to Love Vardu?


  What exactly are you defending except your inability to see what you are not looking for?


   I honor your view in the lack of a Bearded Lord sitting on a cloud and using us for his own amusement.  I have always considered myself one of the lucky one,s.


  There was never any Dogma to Escape from.   When I was little my parents used to send me to the neighbors Sunday School, just to be rid of me for a few hours, but the only thing I can recall that served me from the experience was how I managed to hone my skills at playing RED ROVER.


However I always knew how incredibly loved I was growing up as the only child for the first seven years of this experience.


  I too am the observant type, but I am not into, attaching myself to what my Brother uses to hide his perfection.


   I look for the piece of me, that I know is in them as I allow all the crap they use to hide it to flow out and beyond my perception of it.


      Now that we are on a level field, How may I be of True Service to you, without fostering a dependant relationship for either being.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2010 - 2:51AM #10
Vardu
Posts: 786

Dec 7, 2010 -- 7:42AM, BIRK wrote:


  Why are you so resistant to Love Vardu?


  What exactly are you defending except your inability to see what you are not looking for?


   I honor your view in the lack of a Bearded Lord sitting on a cloud and using us for his own amusement.  I have always considered myself one of the lucky one,s.


  There was never any Dogma to Escape from.   When I was little my parents used to send me to the neighbors Sunday School, just to be rid of me for a few hours, but the only thing I can recall that served me from the experience was how I managed to hone my skills at playing RED ROVER.


However I always knew how incredibly loved I was growing up as the only child for the first seven years of this experience.


  I too am the observant type, but I am not into, attaching myself to what my Brother uses to hide his perfection.


   I look for the piece of me, that I know is in them as I allow all the crap they use to hide it to flow out and beyond my perception of it.


      Now that we are on a level field, How may I be of True Service to you, without fostering a dependant relationship for either being.


 




Who says that I am resistant to love? I am quite confidant that my wife, children, friends, and colleagues (and, if they could, the animals I share my life with) wouldn't agree with that piece of unadulterated presumption.


And if I am defending anything, then it is human dignity against the travesty of those who would continue to perpetrate fraud by constructing - or advancing as real - fables that encourage their fellow men to do little but avoid reality.


Furthermore, while I am with all those who advocate love, I've never been convinced to the least degree that those who advance blatant fictions are doing anything but serving their own perverse interests, however subtle or unconscious those interests might be (but well-known to both psychiatry and psychology).


Lastly, thanks for offer, but why do you feel you could be of service to me?  

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook