Switch to Forum Live View dream symbolism of a shower?
4 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2010 - 3:03PM #1
solful1

The last 2-3 nights (mornings) I've woken up from dreams of showering. I've had dreams of taking of shower before but not so consecutive. And of this recent batch of dreams my soaping myself is very prominent. Also, I'm not naked in the shower. I have clothes on and I just expose the part of my body that I am soaping up, i.e. I'm wearing pants in shower, standing out of water stream, take the pants off, soap my legs, rinse, then put pants back on (my clothes don't seem to get getting wet at all). Another dream, I had on a long sleeve shirt, pushed up my sleeves and scubbed my arms with soap, then rinsed. Again the shirt never got wet.

In real life I'm trying to change my lifestyle. I say "trying" because a big part of my changing relies on me completing some paperwork and I'm a little unmotivated to do it. I have the "excitement" or desire to do it; but when it comes to the physical aspect of just "doing" it either my mind drifts off or I notice I just do other things as a distraction. If I don't get started now though this will be the second year in a row that I will have "missed my boat". What I'm working on has strict deadlines that pretty much come up once a year.  

I'm thinking the dreams could be something like: washing off my old self, old habits, or whatever. But in a way I sense there could be more to that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 10, 2011 - 10:16PM #2
Kokoro
I believe that you are on the right track.  Traditionally, water symbolizes life, cleaning, change, and enlightenment.  If you are are SHOWERING, then I'd say change and cleaning are important, especially if you are taking a long time to wash. 

Pay attention to what you are washing too, because body parts have different meanings for different people.  Arms have to do with actively preforming activities, usually, and legs with moving forward. 

Think about the clothes you are wearing as well, because if they are not getting wet, it may be parts of your life that you are not dealing with properly or are not getting affected by your efforts. 

Just some ideas? I can throw out more if these don't sound right.
“I'm just preparing my impromptu remarks.” - Winston Churchill
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook