Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
4 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2010 - 10:08AM #1
natsim7
Hello Everyone:
I am an old regular poster from back in the day-way before the bnet update-lol and I see this board is kind of dead. I was hoping some 1 would be able to (or all of us could) resurrect this board again. We don't have to the answers to everything but who knows once it starts rolling again-God will lead others here with the answers. I just hate to see such a much needed board go "unkept" so to speak.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2010 - 6:28PM #2
Leolotus

Hi there

I am still a regular visitor so am more than happy to keep posting regularly.

I feel part of the problem with our board is that we now have no-one running it as Wind has been awol for a while.

I have noticed that the relationship board is quite busy and part of that is because the moderator is posting regularly and keeping things humming along.

There are still a fair few visitors but not as many posting for some reason.

I myself will certainly keep visiting and help out with the resurrection.

I began at B Net about 10 years ago now and certainly have always found it a great source of support and inspiration.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 30, 2010 - 8:59AM #3
natsim7
Hi Leolotus:

Yes I joined bnet about that same time. Was a regular on the Spirit Guides, Tarot, Dream and Intuitive Counseling. I believe people too aren't confident enough to post without a moderator such as Wind so that's one reason why the board is inactive. I plan to post more as I find myself re-strengthening my spirituality. I need answers and guidance too.

Looking forward to more learning.

Natasha
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2010 - 1:27PM #4
BeerLover

I have taken over the moderator tools, Natasha, and look in from time to time.  Intuitive Counseling does have a moderator, just not a "moderator such as Wind."  She was a special person- very talented, very loving, very free with sharing her gifts, and kept things in line around here.  I know what you mean, people felt safe posting here, because they knew Wind would get on anybody who was not respectful, or just delete the post entirely.

I'll make sure the ROC are followed and mention to someone in a public way when they get close to the line.  So you are all somewhat "safe" posting here.  Post more, please, answers, questions, and topics for discussions.  I am looking forward to bringing these boards back from the dead. 

Blessings on your journey,

BeerLover

Sep 30, 2010 -- 8:59AM, natsim7 wrote:

Hi Leolotus: Yes I joined bnet about that same time. Was a regular on the Spirit Guides, Tarot, Dream and Intuitive Counseling. I believe people too aren't confident enough to post without a moderator such as Wind so that's one reason why the board is inactive. I plan to post more as I find myself re-strengthening my spirituality. I need answers and guidance too. Looking forward to more learning. Natasha

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2010 - 2:21PM #5
natsim7
Hi Beerlover-

Thanks for replying I didn't mean too offend you..but I was just saying that Wind seemed to be the more "knowledgeable" 1 in these matters and maybe people feel like no one else have that level of expertise here (not that is necessarily true). But yes I would like to resurrect the board as well and look forward to others doing the same.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2010 - 7:17PM #6
Leolotus

Thanks Beerlover!  I did not realise you were the moderator, many thanks for letting us know. Because the board has been so quiet I guess there hasn't been too much need of one but very reassuring to know you are out there!

As mentioned, I will keep looking in and posting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2010 - 10:13AM #7
BeerLover

Oct 1, 2010 -- 2:21PM, natsim7 wrote:

Hi Beerlover- Thanks for replying I didn't mean too offend you..but I was just saying that Wind seemed to be the more "knowledgeable" 1 in these matters and maybe people feel like no one else have that level of expertise here (not that is necessarily true). But yes I would like to resurrect the board as well and look forward to others doing the same.

No offence taken, Natasha.  Wind was one of those rare people who didn't need props to read others.  While most of us use something- tarot cards, horoscope, crystals, tea leaves, etc- Wind could just go "out there" find you, and see things.  She also delivered messages from inhabitants of the spirit world.  Plus, she would start interesting threads here for discussion.  I do have some abilities, but I'm certainly not all that.

So let's talk about resurrection then!  Do you believe it happens?  It seems to be a decidedly Christian term, but I could be mistaken.  I know Windwizard and others believed in reincarnation- repeating the life journey here on earth until you learned your lesson.  And then moving on.  I think we can all agree on the fact that we die.  But what happens next?  {Note: no right or wrong answer to this question.}  I don't think we "sleep" until the last days as the bible says.  I do think our body is intimately tangled up with our spirit such that when we move on, on spirit will be able to "recognise" another spirit by how it "looks."  Haven't really pondered on the mechanics of how it all works, but I don't think your body is simply a temporary vessel for the spirit.

Your thoughts?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2010 - 11:14AM #8
natsim7

Hello Beerlover-

Yes, Wind is indeed "touched" when it comes to her spiritual gifts. I miss her and hope that she is just fine.

Now to your question you poised-I believe in reincarnation. I believe we are spiritual beings having an human experience and that we keep coming back until our lessons are learned. I believe some of us are what they call "old souls" who are basically on their last life and afterward will be "reward" with higher responsibilities such as being Spirit Guides and Guardian Angels. I do believe in some of the Christian beliefs but not all b/c I don't understand how you are telling me that Jesus, my brother in spirit, is a spirit and have the means to communicate with me but I don't have the means too communicate with HIM. Like it's a sin to communicate with spirits. I don't know if I'm expressing myself correctly but I think you get the gist of what I am trying to communicate here.

Those are just my 2 cents. Good question..keep em coming.

Natasha

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2010 - 10:32AM #9
BeerLover

Oct 4, 2010 -- 11:14AM, natsim7 wrote:

Hello Beerlover-

I do believe in some of the Christian beliefs but not all b/c I don't understand how you are telling me that Jesus, my brother in spirit, is a spirit and have the means to communicate with me but I don't have the means to communicate with HIM. Like it's a sin to communicate with spirits. I don't know if I'm expressing myself correctly but I think you get the gist of what I am trying to communicate here.

Those are just my 2 cents. Good question..keep em coming.

Natasha

It's an issue which I struggled with for a long time.  Many Christians would look at what we do and pronounce it sinful, and even cite scripture to back up their position.  Problem is, it gets really sticky when you talk about things spiritual.  For example, divination is a sin, but prophesy is one of the gifts of the spirit, a highly desired thing.  So...  what's the difference between the two?  This duality extends to many other things:  Angels= good; spirit guides= bad.  faith healing= good; energy healing= bad.  Learning how to predict the weather= good; learning how to read the cards= bad, very bad.  Praying to God, Jesus, or the saints= good; communicating with spirits= bad.  So what gives???

Some would say, "If it's not specifically mentioned in the bible, it's not 'of God' and therefore bad."  And I do believe this is the safe play.  If you stick with only what the bible specifically says is OK, you will be OK.  My compass is set on matter of ego and trust.  Divination tools have the potential of diverting your trust away from God.  Think about it, if your trusty pendulum could divine which men were marriage material and which ones just wanted to get in your pants, you would come to trust the pendulum, right?  You could have all the best intentions even, helping out friends.  "Listen Sherry, I know he seemed like a perfect gentleman on the first date, but next time he will get you back to his apartment and put the moves on big time."  "Will this relationship work out, yes or no?"  It would be nice to have a tool like that, wouldn't it?

The other aspect has to do with power.  It is a good thing to develop your natural, God given abilities, but gaining too much power or the wrong kind of power is never good.  There are some kinds of power I believe we were never meant to have- like the ability to alter someone else's free will.  Sort of like young Aniken Skywalker trying to save his wife, "For that kind of power, you have to embrace both sides of the force."  No, we are human and there are limits to our power.  If we try to overstep those boundaries (try to make ourselves like God), it never turns out good.  A heathy dose of humility is always in order.

Yes, the bible is a good place to start, but my spiritual searching has taken me outside the confines of the bible.  Questions of right and wrong are not so easily answered, but I avoid the pitfalls the best that I can.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2010 - 11:20PM #10
ManzanitaBear

Oct 6, 2010 -- 10:32AM, BeerLover wrote:

Some would say, "If it's not specifically mentioned in the bible, it's not 'of God' and therefore bad."  And I do believe this is the safe play.  If you stick with only what the bible specifically says is OK, you will be OK.

The Russian Orthodox Church outlawed potatoes until 1850 for that reason: they weren't mentioned in the Bible, so they must be bad.

I don't think you mean it anywhere near that literally, but there's plenty the Bible never got around to mentioning, because the writers of the Bible either didn't know about it or didn't think it mattered, at least not for the purposes of writing the Bible.

When it comes down to intuition and divination, what does the Bible say about it, really? There are a few instances of "sorcerers" being denounced--but these sorcerers may not have been much different from those "on God's side." We don't have any accounts of divination, aside from the Witch of Endor story (and that's necromancy, not divination). It's been pointed out that many of the miracles performed by Jesus were much like magic done by Egyptian sorcerers of the time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook