Page 6 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 Next
3 years ago  ::  Jul 27, 2011 - 2:54PM #51
Silverada

Jul 27, 2011 -- 6:24AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Today I received the fabric from a courier. Then I delivered it to the interior design shop. There I signed a form and paid an AUD 400 (USD 443) deposit.

My goodness  Karma that is kind of expensive, but I think it will be worth if it make a difference in your room.  It is important to be surrounded by beauty and perfection around our houses, even though when out of it,  things aren´t  that pretty and perfect, but that is the duality of life we have to learn to live with.

This is the last picture of my back yard, in there you will see a kind of sculture with two faces.  Belonged to my grandmother house and left to me by my mother.  It is a "Semi", which means in the taino language Deity, it is a kind of two faces   figure which I guess is representing  life and death or perhaps happyness and suffering.  The Tainos were the original habitants of my Island  before Christopher Columbus arrived here more than 500 years ago.  My grandmother has some aborigen blood, She resembled an american Indian, very beatiful, with very long hair .  She was a natural doctor in her village, curing people with plants and rituals.  She was a strong woman that widowed and have around 16 kids, which she raised up by herself and never married again.  She dedicated her life to rise her kids and help others.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 12:18AM #52
Karma_yeshe_dorje

G'day Silverada:

that is kind of expensive

The mountain climate requires insulation. And the bedrooms face southeast (away from the sunshine). So they most need winter insulation. I owe the interior design shop AUD 1,238 (DOP 51,634) for the work.

make a difference in your room

I hope to be able to sleep at night!

surrounded by beauty and perfection

I go for good stuff. And I am unfortunately beset by perfectionism!

when out of it,  things aren´t  that pretty and perfect

This is worth cultivating. Be "a rose among thorns"!

sculture with two faces

I had been wondering about that. Here politicians are said to be "two-faced"!

representing  life and death or perhaps happyness and suffering

Having spent a lot of time on computing, I am familiar with binary logic. But my psychologist wants me to "see grey scale and colour"!

The Tainos were the original habitants of my Island

Please would you describe their culture.

She was a strong woman that widowed and have around 16 kids

Wow!

I like your photo.Stuff grows there!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 1:34AM #53
Silverada

Jul 28, 2011 -- 12:18AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

sculture with two faces

I had been wondering about that. Here politicians are said to be "two-faced"!

Do you think is only in your country? Politicianas are the same everywhere.

representing  life and death or perhaps happyness and suffering

Having spent a lot of time on computing, I am familiar with binary logic. But my psychologist wants me to "see grey scale and colour"!

What youe psychologist wants from you is to be able to accept things as they are and not want everything up to your own standard, scale exists in everything is not only black and white, or cold and hot or good or bad, remember there is  grades that goes up or down. 

The Tainos were the original habitants of my Island

Please would you describe their culture.

Tainos are considered coming from Venezuela and spreaded in our Caribbeans Island.  Archeologists clasified them as belonging to the neolite age and as pottery people, if you know what that means.  You can faind an interesting description on Geogle look up under TAINOS. 

She was a strong woman that widowed and have around 16 kids

Wow!

Well you don´t see women having that many kids anymore, my grandmother was born in the 18 century and most women ot that century have big families.

I like your photo.Stuff grows there!

Here is another photo from another corner of my back yard.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 2:40AM #54
Karma_yeshe_dorje

That garden photo is lovely! Sorry, I need to go out on an errand. Bye.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 8:30AM #55
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Dear Silverada:

Politicianas are the same everywhere.
I was impressed by the demeanour of Norway's Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg. He expressed concern for the period of grief of his country's people.

accept things as they are
I have worked in a third-world country. And I hope that I made it a better place!

not want everything up to your own standard
A friend said that I was a perfectionist. But if I did not like nice stuff, then makers of quality goods would not be rewarded!

scale exists
You have reminded me about the capability of a miniature computer before me. My electronics project's microcontroller heart can accept four analog inputs. But I have only used one of those, which is for ambient light level. That enables the device to switch on the light of its display screen automatically. That is because this evening I am in darkness.

everything is not only black and white, or cold and hot
I would love to make more hobby projects! But I am in "mortgage stress". Or maybe I mean that the house gives me responsibilities (like gardening and fixing things).

good or bad
The Buddha taught that craving what we like, and shunning what we dislike, causes problems!

grades that goes up or down
Another friend described me as "a machine"! What passed as education, was industrial training.

Tainos are considered coming from Venezuela
I did not know that.

neolite age and as pottery people, if you know what that means
New Stone Age people, I think used copper.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 3:44PM #56
Silverada

Jul 28, 2011 -- 8:30AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Dear Silverada:

Politicianas are the same everywhere.
I was impressed by the demeanour of Norway's Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg. He expressed concern for the period of grief of his country's people.

That was the least he could do, this guy in Norway just copied, what this other american guy did in USA years ago , bombing a goverment building where many were killed and if not stopped on time he was planing another masacre. 

accept things as they are
I have worked in a third-world country. And I hope that I made it a better place!

where were you at, and what was that you did?

not want everything up to your own standard
A friend said that I was a perfectionist. But if I did not like nice stuff, then makers of quality goods would not be rewarded!

Absolutely!

scale exists
You have reminded me about the capability of a miniature computer before me. My electronics project's microcontroller heart can accept four analog inputs. But I have only used one of those, which is for ambient light level. That enables the device to switch on the light of its display screen automatically. That is because this evening I am in darkness.

So you are an inventor, what else have you invented?

verything is not only black and white, or cold and hot
I would love to make more hobby projects! But I am in "mortgage stress". Or maybe I mean that the house gives me responsibilities (like gardening and fixing things).

I know what you mean, I am in the same "budged stress", which is not pleasant, but I have ajusted slowly to it, and I am not stressed anymore, expecting things to change in the future.

good or bad
The Buddha taught that craving what we like, and shunning what we dislike, causes problems!

The Budda never said anything that was not wise and truthful.

grades that goes up or down
Another friend described me as "a machine"! What passed as education, was industrial training.

What was your line or work?

Tainos are considered coming from Venezuela
I did not know that.

Yes that is what it is said, but our Tainos were not as the Arawak from Venezuela.  Arawaks  were warriors in the mean time the Tainos were people of peace.

neolite age and as pottery people, if you know what that means
New Stone Age people, I think used copper.

I dont know too much about ancient archaelogy and history, I don´t think our Tainos were using any kind of metal, everything was made out of stone, but you have to remember this is an Island, and when Tainos lived in here they were isolated from any civilization, and when Christopher Columbus arrived here he find the Tainos living as stone aged people, even though Europe was considered been a  civilized  continent.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 6:44PM #57
Karma_yeshe_dorje

G'day Silverada:

I am feeling sleepy, for I did not sleep properly (long enough). And I had a nightmare. Outside is frosty.

bombing a goverment building
Does your country have right-wing extremists?

I analysed rock samples in Saudi Arabia.

what else have you invented
A hit with children, was an octahedron. Which ever side was on top, lit up. 

"budged stress", which is not pleasant, but I have ajusted
Please describe that.

Mostly intellectual:
•  finance;
• geology;
• academic;
• training;
• teaching;
• executive;
• industrial (labor) relations;
• computing;
• records management;
• Web site design;
• Web site analysis; and
• horticulture. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 7:31PM #58
Silverada

Jul 28, 2011 -- 6:44PM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

G'day Silverada:

I am feeling sleepy, for I did not sleep properly (long enough). And I had a nightmare. Outside is frosty.

Frosty? what, is winter in Australia=, we are here in Midsummer.

bombing a goverment building
Does your country have right-wing extremists? So far we don´t, in the 60ths  and 70ths we have left wind extremist, but now we are a copy of USA polititically speaking.  

I analysed rock samples in Saudi Arabarabia.

Saudi Arabia is one of the richest countries in the world, why you considered Saudi Arabia a third world country?

what else have you invented
A hit with children, was an octahedron. Which ever side was on top, lit up. 

An you receiving any money for the sales profit or you sold your patent?

"budged stress", which is not pleasant, but I have ajusted
Please describe that.[(quote] I am retired and my Social Security payment is the only income I have and it is not too much, just enought for my paying my bills and food.  I have been  planing to start a small business with little investment, but I havn´t  figure it out yet.  I do not want to loose the freedom I am enjoying right now and I do not want to get involve with too much work. 

Mostly intellectual:
•  finance;
• geology;
• academic;
• training;
• teaching;
• executive;
• industrial (labor) relations;
• computing;
• records management;
• Web site design;
• Web site analysis; and
• horticulture. 

So you are a genius or what?  That sounds like too much to me.  I have worked all my life, in different kind of business but always in one field, administration. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 8:16PM #59
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Hey Silverada:

Figure out why seasons exist. Look at a globe.

Next door to my office was a taxi rank. Out of sixteen taxi drivers--only the youngest man could read their own language!

The main airport road was "more pothole than road". Yet the prince's palace on the beach had an unused eight-lane freeway in pristine condition!

I saw a boy living on a garbage tip. His head was infected with a great big boil on top!

The first sewer was installed--two years after I left.

I considered patenting too expensive.

I also am retired, and my income is similarly fixed.

My IQ was measured at 130. I have scored in the top 1% for verbal and visuo-spatial aptitude. I am more intelligent than two out of three managers.

A friend considered me "too much"!

I like your garden. Develop your gardening talent.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2011 - 10:47PM #60
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I got the plans of services in my street. The nature strip outside my home, is infested with pipes and cables! So my digging should only be shallow.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook