Page 12 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 Next
3 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2011 - 2:23PM #111
Silverada

Aug 31, 2011 -- 5:52AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

[

Very Good, The only thing I see here is that you use the same colors you use for the base in the background and that do not make the vase stand in a very dramatic way, I think the back ground needs to be light up as if the light is coming from behind.  What do you think?  If you do that the vase will catch all the attention.

You know I don´t mind bad reviews of my "art" , I am more of  critic than an artist.  LOL

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2011 - 8:58PM #112
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Of course, Silverada:

you use the same colors you use for the base in the background

I had chosen a subject with many colours. But unfortunately it turned out to be dull!

not make the vase stand in a very dramatic

My teacher had disliked the underpainting. Except for use of bright yellow, the colours (which I had chosen to be naturalistic) were very muted!

the back ground needs to be light up

The table was a dull colour. Perhaps I could use reflective aluminium foil?

light is coming from behind

The indirect daylight from the window was behind me. Perhaps next time I could sit to the side, so as to view highlight and shadow?

the vase will catch all the attention

I need to ask the teacher how to distinguish subject from background.

more of  critic

Passengers claim to know more about driving--than their drivers!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2011 - 10:22PM #113
Silverada

Aug 31, 2011 -- 8:58PM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

I had chosen a subject with many colours. But unfortunately it turned out to be dull!

I Don´t think is dull, the vase, which came out very good, is lost within the same  background color . that is all.

My teacher had disliked the underpainting. Except for use of bright yellow, the colours (which I had chosen to be naturalistic) were very muted!

So I have the same opinion than your teacher, you better listen this time LOL

Perhaps I could use reflective aluminium foil?

Maybe I don´t know too much about that.  You  have good appreciation of light and shadow and that you know is what make a painting  interesting, Il my self will pay  better attention to that if I ever go back to painting.

The indirect daylight from the window was behind me. Perhaps next time I could sit to the side, so as to view highlight and shadow?

Try that , if you can move around in the art studio, then sit in the better place for you could have a better light and shadow apreaciation, so your painting  can come always the best.

I need to ask the teacher how to distinguish subject from background. 

Contrasting colors, You have to decide what is you want as the center of attention in your art, and  then depends of your aesthetic colors choices, and how handle light and shodows.  I am only sugesting you, but I think your art teacher can give you better advise than me, I know a lot of theories but I have litte practice.

I am not answering your last remark is complely unfair in this case.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2011 - 4:44AM #114
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Hello again Silverada:

the vase, which came out very good, is lost within the same  background color

How do you compose scenes?

listen

The next class will be plein air. How do you organise your outdoor art work?

appreciation of light and shadow

The teacher emphasised observation.

if I ever go back to painting

Send me the URL of a local page with something worth looking at!

move around in the art studio, then sit in the better place for you could have a better light and shadow apreaciation

I expect to be outside the art room. The setting will then be an alley between the community centre and library. The teacher said that we'll sketch passers-by. So I'll need to use my quickest drawing medium! I'm thinking of charcoal.

Contrasting colors

I'll have a look at my CMYK colour wheel: yellow & blue; orange & blue cyan; red & cyan; red magenta & green cyan; magenta & green; and violet & yellow green.

Sorry, I need to get ready for an electronics workshop. Bye.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2011 - 1:47PM #115
Silverada

Sep 1, 2011 -- 4:44AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

How do you compose scenes?

I sketch or draw first and decide the center of attention of the scene which will be specially lighted up, the rest will be difused complements of the center of attention.

The next class will be plein air. How do you organise your outdoor art work?

When I took art class was  inside the studio, sometimes with painted   real objects and most of the time we copy our teacher paintains.

The teacher emphasised observation.

All right , appreciation, observation is subjective to the observer, usually people don´t see color and things exactly the same.  You have a good artist eyes, because you see things from the point of view of a impressionist painter, I don´t have that gift.  Use your gift it could be very rewarding for yourself and the way you will live as a gifted artist.  but please don´t let it go to your head, be humble about.  OK 

Send me the URL of a local page with something worth looking at!

I am looking for something worth for you to see, be patient, as soon as I find something I´ll post it to you.

I'll have a look at my CMYK colour wheel: yellow & blue; orange & blue cyan; red & cyan; red magenta & green cyan; magenta & green; and violet & yellow green.

you can use the same color that your center of attention object just  difuse into lighter of darker  the  surrandings in order  to achieved contrast between the out front and the background.  Also you coud shadow the outline of your  object right or left, depending of from where the light is coming so you have a sense of depth in the picture.

Sorry, I need to get ready for an electronics workshop. Bye.

Bye to you too, I hope you have a good day today.  Be happy, don´t be grouchy! 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2011 - 9:04PM #116
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Hello again Silverada:

sketch or draw first and decide the center of attention of the scene 

I meant choosing the scene!

copy our teacher paintains

That is classical. I am more interested in later techniques.

Artists have long painted outdoors, but in the mid-19th century working in natural light became particularly important to the Barbizon school and Impressionism. The popularity of painting en plein air increased in the 1870s with the introduction of paints in tubes (resembling modern toothpaste tubes).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_plein_air

You have a good artist eyes

I have tested in the top one to 2 percent for visuo-spatial aptitude!

don´t let it go to your head

I try to vary my activities, so as not to continue fixated.

I am looking for something worth for you to see

I can get software to do a rough translation.

difuse into lighter of darker  the  surrandings

I recall an excellent teacher explaining the special qualities of distance. And I have measured with a digital camera, the blueness of overhead lighting from the sky, and the redness of sunset and sunrise.

contrast between the out front and the background

I recall being told to use brighter colours for foreground detail, and duller greys for the background.

shadow the outline of your  object

The Fauvists used contrasting colours.

Fauvism is the style of les Fauves (French for "the wild beasts"), a short-lived and loose group of early twentieth-century Modern artists whose works emphasized painterly qualities and strong colour over therepresentational or realistic values retained by Impressionism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fauvism

don´t be grouchy

Unfortunately, that results from doing too much, with insufficient rest!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2011 - 8:58PM #117
Karma_yeshe_dorje

The weather is warming up this spring.  Behind my house is a pond.

Pond

Guests from interstate stayed with me for a few days. So we had a housewarming party!

House and car

One of them arrived in a hired car.

Car

The Callery (Bradford) pear sapling in front of the house is in blossom.

Pear blossom

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2011 - 11:02PM #118
Silverada

Hi Karma

Nice pictures  your house looks splendid and your pond give you a good panorama to look at.  Glad you have friends coming to visit you  I hope you enyoyed  the sharing time with them.

By the way, your blooming flowers are lovely!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2011 - 8:01AM #119
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Thanks, Silverada:

My visitors were not used to hiking in the mountains! 

Andrew & Bessy

We lunched at a forestry lodge.

Snow & ice

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2011 - 12:45PM #120
Silverada

In your country is frozen and mine is under fire.  Right now the temperature is over 90 degres farenheit, its mid afternoon  the hotest time of the day. 

I have some pictures for you.  I wonder if you have a face book page or you can send me your email.  I only have problem downloadding pictures in beliefnet, but I can downloaded them in my facebook page or send it to you via email.  You let me know what you want.  Those are pictures of our traditional architecture, old houses and buildings as well as some modern architecture.  If you want to go to my face book you have to send me a friendly request throughout facebook.

My problem with  Adobe flash player is, there is a web company wanting  to down loaded a device in my computure  and my security program do not allow them to do that and   am not sure I should disconnect my security program to allow adobe to be downladed.  Any way I don´t care too much about it , I don´t look at videos or pictures, I have more than 2000 photos taken by me in all kind of subjects and planning to take much more to entertain myself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 12 of 22  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook