4 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2010 - 4:43AM #1
nnn123
Mister Rogers and Me

Years ago, when I was writing some comedy and thinking about how to make Mister Rogers, the children's TV star, seem completely ridiculous, I ran across a disturbing fact - he was a big contributor to one of my favorite charities - The Human Kindness Foundation.

It is a group that teaches meditation to prisoners.I t...hought of him as the embodiment of all that Norman Rockwell superficial nonsense. Nothing could be further from the truth. In addition to being an ordained Christian minister, Fred Rogers had a degree in either childhood education or childhood psychology - I forget which. But those TV shows, rather than being crafted to suit the whims of the advertisers - they were crafted precisely along the lines of what children actually need.

And, apparently, even though he was a Christian minister, he help fund a group which not only taught Christian prayer and meditation...but Hindu, Muslim and Buddhist spiritual practices.

Mister Rogers and Me; A Deep and Simple Documentary is a film about the connection between Fred Rogers and Bo Lozoff, the director of the Human Kindness Foundation.More info (and a trailer) at:

..."UntrustedLink.bootstrap($(this), "615bd", event);">www.misterrogersandme.com/
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2011 - 12:54AM #2
Marina_J

Meditation is the key for opening the doors of mysteries to your mind. Regular yoga is perfect health, perfect control over the mind and to perfect peace with oneself, the world, nature and God.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook