Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 26 of 29  •  Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Self Discovery Thread
7 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2011 - 11:03PM #251
Amycain
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2011 - 10:17PM #252
Amycain

www2.nbc17.com
An email sent to UNC students by Chancellor Holden Thorp confirms reports of an assault motivated by sexual orientation occurred on campus last week.

According to the letter, the incident occurred April 5 on the foot bridge between Craige Residence Hall and the intersection of Ridge Road and Manning Drive. "Our Department of Public Safety has been investigating an aggravated assault that appears to have been motivated by sexual orientation of a male student, who was treated at Campus Health Services for burn injuries," states the letter.

• My comment:

the incidents are happening more and more It's distressing! Also distressing to me is newly elected Republicans across the country trying to either dredge up old or institute new anti-gay laws, and I'm not sure these hate crimes are not related!!! html_removed

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 6:38PM #253
Amycain

North Carolinians speak out against anti-gay legislation check it!!!!

goqnotes.com/10727/north-carolinians-spe...

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 7:28PM #254
Amycain

wanted to keep this up but also wanted to post unicorn booty has more details on the student attacked at UNC (see bottom link on student attack)

North Carolinians speak out against anti-gay legislation check it!!!!

goqnotes.com/10727/north-carolinians-spe...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

the full story on the student attacked at UNC

unicornbooty.com/2011/04/gay-nc-student-...

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 6:02PM #255
Amycain

unicornbooty.com/2011/04/tn-senate-passe...

here is the comment I left after reading this story:

Tennessee can expect youth suicides to go up, I just hope all the people who are pushing for anti-gay legislation and the suicides and hate crimes being inspired by them like their place in history, I guarantee you it won't be a favorable mention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2011 - 6:34PM #256
Amycain
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2011 - 7:41PM #257
Amycain

well the only thing in my life that I have some power over that can bring me any satisfaction (besides my kid, and she is not enough to fill my life) is if I can manage to lose the weight because I despise my body as it is, this is not just going to require running and working out and watching my food intake it's going to require a lot of work with my therapist because the fat keeps the men away from me, which is what I want!!!!!!!! To not have any male attention!!! but I also hate despising my own body. I know, I can't fathom why they'd bother me either, but when i'm slim they do, even though I'm still wearing mens clothes and not trying to be pretty to them or anything else they like in a woman, for some reason they don't seem to get it. So, especially after last time I lost weight when every disgusting creep in the vicinity made a b-line for me, when I start losing weight and some clueless man looks at me cross-eyed, I go on an eating binge..

Now the other thing is I praying to win the lottery, so i can at least live outy one of my dreams i could buy some property somewhere and start  a twofold business Kasmir goat ranch and nursery specializing in aloes agaves and cactus (maybe some other plants to I love plants but those are my favorites, and maybe even also products from prickly pear cactus which binds with fat and cholesterol and inhibits their absorption,  lowering cholesterol and weight-loss. but I'd probably have to win the lottery to be able to do that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2011 - 7:29PM #258
Amycain

well the kid is at a sleepover and i will be going to the gym after I watch this "Bones" rerun on TNT and change. Well, hell. another bones rerun and i did do a lot of weed whacking today, I think I'll get up real early and hit the gym when it opes at 8am so I can go change into my  sleep clothes and watch "Bones"

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2011 - 8:41PM #259
Amycain

yeah too tire d watching bones going to the gym early in the morning!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 01, 2011 - 2:42PM #260
Amycain

I went to the gym yesterday morning well around 10 am then went to get my daughter from the sleepover birthday parth then did the front yard and back yard phew! I was so tired when I finished yesterday evening didn't want to fix dinner we went to Two Guys Grille and had black bean phillys. then we had to go to Christian Ed this morning I am on the bible workbench team and ourr team is leading the Adult Christian Ed for the next 5 weeks and then Kali had Acolyte during church I got a lot of really nice compliments on my poem in the Tidelines  our church newsletter here is a link:

Church of the Servant, Tidelines scroll down to bottom of page 6

then we had lunch at my parents house and in a while we will be going to the church picnic @ Halleyburton park.  picked up some veggie burgers and rolls and some broccoli salad to take.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 26 of 29  •  Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook