Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 24 of 29  •  Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Self Discovery Thread
7 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 2:17AM #231
mommy2two

first of all, i do believe you have written the perfect poem :

If you have only had sex with a man

then you don't know what sex with a woman is like

sex with a man 

is not an accurate reference point.

now, regarding her hiding... there must be a reason. maybe she caught wind of you melting down and is afraid of such strong feelings. maybe she too is having strong feeling s for you and doesnt know what to do? maybe she needs (for her own reasons) to keep the friendship a friendship for now. maybe she is struggling with her own sexuality.... there are a million maybes amy.... please dont get upset b4 you know the whole story, ok?  i am worried about you!!!  you tend to react prematurely ... maybe the sheer force of your feelings 9whether you are letting them out or not) is apparent to her regardless, and she doesnt know what to do with them... ... give her time amy. i told you  ! !! that is the best thing... take it all in stride... slow and steady my friend. i still believe in it.

prayers coming your way, my friend.

m22

"It took me a long time not to judge myself
through someone else's eyes" ~Sally Field
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 4:45PM #232
Amycain

Why thank you my dear for the complement about the perfect poem!!! You sure you don't want to move to North Carolina and marry me dahling!!!   

Mar 4, 2011 -- 2:17AM, mommy2two wrote:

first of all, i do believe you have written the perfect poem :

If you have only had sex with a man

then you don't know what sex with a woman is like

sex with a man 

is not an accurate reference point.

now, regarding her hiding... there must be a reason. maybe she caught wind of you melting down and is afraid of such strong feelings. maybe she too is having strong feeling s for you and doesnt know what to do? maybe she needs (for her own reasons) to keep the friendship a friendship for now. maybe she is struggling with her own sexuality.... there are a million maybes amy.... please dont get upset b4 you know the whole story, ok?  i am worried about you!!!  you tend to react prematurely ... maybe the sheer force of your feelings 9whether you are letting them out or not) is apparent to her regardless, and she doesnt know what to do with them... ... give her time amy. i told you  ! !! that is the best thing... take it all in stride... slow and steady my friend. i still believe in it.

prayers coming your way, my friend.

m22

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2011 - 4:51PM #233
Amycain

I just got doen at therapy where i told my therapist I never plan to trust anyone new ever again as a friend or otherwise, and I never want to be in love again, in fact at the moment I don't have much use for people in general and that all I want to work on any more in therapy is now that i am on a calorie restricted diet and planning to get back into my workout and lose weight is working on my assertiveness to make men go away first time every time when they start bothering me like they did last time i lost weight, several years back, and every creep in the universe made a beeline for me with lewd disgusting suggestions. so from now only the people I already trust will ever be trusted by me again. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2011 - 4:43PM #234
Amycain

acim.org
In 1977 in response to many requests for a brief introduction to A Course in Miracles, Helen Schucman wrote the following, which appears as the Preface to the Course. The first two parts: "How It Came" and "What It Is," Helen wrote herself.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````

acim.org
As its title implies, the Course is arranged throughout as a teaching device. It consists of three books: a 622-page Text, a 478-page Workbook for Students, and an 88-page Manual for Teachers. The order in which students choose to use the books, and the . . .

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2011 - 9:45PM #235
Amycain

Wow I am psyched, Lovey's Market, my favorite local health food market and cafe is expanding they apparently acquired the salon next door and are expanding the cafe section!!! woo hoo!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2011 - 5:40PM #236
Amycain

Did you know being gay can get you out of jury duty?

unicornbooty.com
Jonathan Lovitz was excused from jury duty last week after suggesting gays not having full rights makes him unable to judge impartially.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2011 - 8:21PM #237
Amycain

we're @ Java Junkies!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2011 - 12:48AM #238
mommy2two

unicornbooty.com

Jonathan Lovitz was excused from jury duty last week after suggesting gays not having full rights makes him unable to judge impartially.

this is brilliant ! ya gotta love lovitz! he let em have it ! 

m22

"It took me a long time not to judge myself
through someone else's eyes" ~Sally Field
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2011 - 9:05PM #239
Amycain

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 5:39PM #240
Amycain

To address a question that popped into my head (I'm guessing i think a certain person would want to know because it was attached to that person when it popped into my head) No I feel absolutely no shame in being a lesbian, and i never have. I've known since I was little even before i knew about sex, and I was born with a wariness I like to think God gives some of us who know from little on, that told me not to share this info with others growing up that they would not be cool with it, either that or I asked some questions early on and surmised from the responses i got, but I knew it was just who i am, and i knew that neither it nor I were evil, bad, wrong, or sick that I just loved females that way not males, it's as simple as that. Truth be told though I am all for people being who they are and of course since I am in the minority i could never presume to say that heterosexuality was wrong however I will say that the thought of having anything to do with a man and his dick grosses me out as much as some homophobes are freaked out by what comes naturally to me, with one difference, I am happy for all people to be who they are, I just try not to let my mind or my imagination dwell there, in other words if some woman and some man love each other then i am happy for them to have each other I just don't want to imagine the details because they don't appeal to me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 24 of 29  •  Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 4 guests
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook