Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View What caused you to enter your spiritual journey?
4 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2010 - 11:50AM #11
Green.is.my.favorite.color

I'm sorry you feel I've attacked you, Koala. Not my intent.

I'm saying there is not a definition of "love." I do believe that love is transcendental and key to my belief system. If God IS Love, then wouldn't you agree?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2010 - 11:24PM #12
koala972

Aug 16, 2010 -- 11:50AM, Green.is.my.favorite.color wrote:

I'm sorry you feel I've attacked you, Koala. Not my intent.

I'm saying there is not a definition of "love." I do believe that love is transcendental and key to my belief system. If God IS Love, then wouldn't you agree?

well i agree love is transcendental, and I believe god is love, but that doesn't keep him from being cruel to me lol!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2010 - 3:05PM #13
prayerwriter

My spiritual journey began when I started to seriousoy question the precepts of the religion in which I was raised.  The simple faith of my childhood disappeared.  I went through a period "when the well ran dry", then I started my own searching - looking for answers that made sense to me both intellectually and spiritually.  I'm still looking, but I have begun to build foundations on which to build.  Unfortunately, I know so few people who are walking my same path.  Since I have a physical disability that keeps me home-bound, I tried to a find a communtiy here at BeliefNet.  I have been singularly unsuccessful in my attempt. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2010 - 1:02AM #14
Andrewbowen

Don, I dig the quote; "'the power that set you upon the path is the power that will bring you home."

This is very true, and interestingly enough, and important aspect of Joseph Campbell's "Hero's Journey" that leads so many heroes on their quests for balance and happiness.

Prayerwriter, what you said about "the simple faith of a child" struck me. Too often we view the faith of children in things like Santa or a cartoon character as simple or sophmoric, but it requires so much more than we give them credit for. Think of the imiginitive power of a child--the stories they come up with during dress-up or role playing. They create worlds and scenarios and run with them at ease.

I think this is where adults run into the wall in spiritual matters. We get bogged down by facts and figures and this makes faith in anything beyond the 5 senses difficult. I'm not saying that relying on science and our senses is wrong, just that it's almost enviable to have the freedom of belief of a child.

Maybe this is why religion in modern times is trying so hard to reconcile science with theology. To make faith as easy as a child's perception.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2010 - 8:03AM #15
prayerwriter

I agree with you that the power of imagination can be of tremendous value in prayer.  I often use imagery in my meditation.  By "simple" I meant uncomplicated. Often, we DO get bogged down in in the minutia of our beliefs rather than relying faith. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2011 - 8:16AM #16
Beatty

My spiritual journey began at birth as it should be so God created me therfore he instiled in my self the awareness of who he is. I am always had God in my life from the time i was little he has been there for me through thick and thin no matter what I was ever faced with he gave me the strength to deal with whatever and I know as I am still here so is his love and compassion for me. All you have to do is look around you and see the beauty that is in this world those things that we just look at but, in reality they send us strong meassages if you believe and it must a belief that is really true for God can give you the awarness that exists within all things that he created they are so powerful and awesome all you have to do is believe look at things with a faith that is true and the meaning of life will exists in your being. We all have things to deal with and they can sometimes be over whelming to us but, it is by faith that you can move those mountains for he will always be there to help you for by his strength in myself is wherein lies the beauty of his power to overcome anything even in death he will be there to take me home for I look upon him for what I need to survive man alone cannot afford me what God can. He knows your true self but, he will never deny or leave you as we may leave him at times. The journey is not always as we want but, sometimes the journey can lead us into things that we were not looking for. God has a plan for your life it may not be as you see it but, you must allow him to lead you and he will surely do so as I know he has in my life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2011 - 10:12PM #17
Ladyjem03

May 27, 2010 -- 4:37PM, Don wrote:

It seems that there is often an event, or original reason for entering a spiritual journey.

My journey began as a young man of 19.  Life for me changed somewhat quickly, leaving my home, my friends, and all that was familiar and comfortable.  It wasn't terribly traumatic, but my discomfort, my unease did give me a jolt, and cause me to consider the meaning of life, of time, of family, and 'what it all means'... 

From there, things began to move quickly for me spiritually, and now some 36 years later, I'm still on that journey.  I consider myself a 'theosophist'. 

So I wonder, what was the trigger for you?  Did it happen at once, over time gradually, how?  Has it been worth the trouble - are you glad you found yourself on your path, and why?

Aloha Don- See what triggered my spiritual journey and visit my thread to see how my real spiritual journey started and is still very much active on my journey home again.

Peace Be with you

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2011 - 10:26PM #18
Ladyjem03

Feb 16, 2011 -- 8:16AM, Beatty wrote:

My spiritual journey began at birth as it should be so God created me therfore he instiled in my self the awareness of who he is. I am always had God in my life from the time i was little he has been there for me through thick and thin no matter what I was ever faced with he gave me the strength to deal with whatever and I know as I am still here so is his love and compassion for me. All you have to do is look around you and see the beauty that is in this world those things that we just look at but, in reality they send us strong meassages if you believe and it must a belief that is really true for God can give you the awarness that exists within all things that he created they are so powerful and awesome all you have to do is believe look at things with a faith that is true and the meaning of life will exists in your being. We all have things to deal with and they can sometimes be over whelming to us but, it is by faith that you can move those mountains for he will always be there to help you for by his strength in myself is wherein lies the beauty of his power to overcome anything even in death he will be there to take me home for I look upon him for what I need to survive man alone cannot afford me what God can. He knows your true self but, he will never deny or leave you as we may leave him at times. The journey is not always as we want but, sometimes the journey can lead us into things that we were not looking for. God has a plan for your life it may not be as you see it but, you must allow him to lead you and he will surely do so as I know he has in my life.

Your words have enlighten my heart to know a true believer beyond pain. His power will one day help us all in time, based on our own works to earn the right to walk into his kingdom to be truly loved. In a vision I saw the pure sparkling gates of his kingdom as his beam of illuminating light shined upon his path. I only hope I have forfilled all that he asked of me on my journey home.

Thank you for the words,

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook