Switch to Forum Live View My Quest & Questions
4 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2010 - 1:34AM #1
Sunsplash

(x-posted from interfaith dialogue - I'm a newbie and have no idea where is best to post!)

After paroozing this site for hours trying to figure out where to post, I've decided to try this area in hopes of sparking responses from people of various faiths.  Let me get this out of the way quickly before I move on - I'm not looking to be "saved" - I am on a personal and spiritual quest for God's Truth, and I don't believe that is designated in one specific religion, and I hope we can all learn from each other, even in areas of disagreement.  Can you tell I've had some bad experiences? LoL

I wrote a book as my first journal entry (haha) and don't wish to repost it here (feel free to read it for more background) so I will do a brief summary.

I've never questioned or doubted God - the Hebrew God, God of Abraham, the God of the Bible.  I am, however, in serious and internal dispair over the "Jesus" factor and what Christianity is today, what it was intended to be, and if it was even meant to be.  All of my life I was taught to accept Jesus as the Son of God, Jesus who IS God, and if I don't, then eternal damnation is the only result.  As I entered adulthood, I began to cast off my child "trained brain" and seek further answers for myself, and it has culminated now that I am a parent.  I want to have more firm beliefs based on Faith and Fact, with a clear understanding of myself, so that I can reason and explain why I choose to believe what I do, something I was never offered when I asked questions.  I'm seeking God's Truth, not man's interpretation of events that were decided to be true based on a general concensus over decades and centuries for the benefit of their "church."

As you can see I'm wandering aimlessly at the moment and am hoping to connect with others who will help me find what I'm looking for, whatever it may be, and perhaps find others who have experienced or are experiencing a similar spiritual quest as myself.

Forgive me if I've chosen the wrong area to post! 

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2010 - 2:22PM #2
Serenity1552

I am also working on finding my spiritual center.  I don't believe that anyone can know the one true religion.

Damnation is a scare tactic, to keep people from questioning their religion.  It seems absurd. that a God would create people with imperfections, then punish then eternally, for being less then perfect. 

Jesus asked God to forgive his tormentors, because because they didn't know what they were  doing.   This is an act of incredible compassion.   A religion based on his teachings, would not  not include the concept of a physical Hell.

I believe that we are all part of something larger then ourselves.  You call it God, nature, the whole etc.  You can get in touch with this higher self, through meditation.  As I say on my home page The Truth is Within You.

Question everything,  Believe only what feels right for you.  There is only one rule, never intetionally cause harm

Always keep in mind that the journey in an end of itself, you never stop learning.

I wish you love, peace, and joy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2010 - 7:46AM #3
in_my_opinion

Dear Sunsplash, (Love the name!)

We love questions! Many of us got into the Bahá'í Faith because someone finally (often patiently) managed to answer every question we had to our satisfaction.

Come post any and every question you have. You may not always like the answer you get but the guarantee is an honest answer, not that you will like it.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook