Switch to Forum Live View "Ye are gods" - Jesus Christ
4 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2010 - 7:19AM #1
Jonathen

May I share this with you?

"Ye are gods"

©2007 by Chris Watson

"I believe Jesus Christ, if he existed, had an experience of cosmic consciousness similar to what was experienced by Buddha, Ramana Maharshi, and many other people throughout history. Jesus apparently tried to communicate this experience to his followers as best he could, limited by the language and cultural concepts of his time and place.

It is possible that each of us is a function of what the whole cosmos is doing at a point called here and now. In effect, each of us IS the whole universe looking at itself through our eyes. The universe is conscious and self-aware, a.k.a. God, and this awareness and consciousness is within each of us. In other words, what happened to Jesus was NOT a unique experience that only happened to one man in all history and prehistory, but something that EACH of us can experience directly when we tune in to the consciousness that is the base of our existence."

John Chapter 10, verses 30-36 (KJV)
10:30     I and [my] Father are one.
10:31     Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
10:32     Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

10:33     The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

10:34     Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
10:35      If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
10:36     Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

...The original Greek does NOT have an article before “Son of God,” which in Greek is equivalent to having an indefinite article. In the original Greek of this scripture, Jesus did NOT say he is the Son of God; he said I am a Son of God. He also quoted Psalm 82 that says “Ye are gods.”

John Chapter 17, verses 21-22 (KJV)
17:21     THAT THEY ALL MAY BE ONE; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
17:22     And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, EVEN AS WE ARE ONE:

Again I put some words in all-caps to emphasize them. It seems pretty clear to me that Jesus says we can be one with the Father just as he was. In other words, what happened to him is NOT something unique that could ONLY happen to him, but it can happen to each of us. Jesus even PRAYS that we can experience it too! "

www.thebicyclingguitarist.net/philosophy...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2010 - 9:22PM #2
Anilorak13ska

I can't say I haven't had the same thoughts as you articulate here.  But how do you merge this sort of theology with church attendance?  Do you attend a church/place of worship?  Do they believe what you do?  If not, how do you account for the disparity? I ask bc I feel the need to find a church home, but I am unable to find one where 1) the worship style appeals to me, 2) the theology (including importance of social justice) meshes well with mine, AND 3) Jesus is a central component without being called God.

I find the most comfort in regards to the first criteria in a Polish Catholic church.  The second and (to a lesser extent) third component in liberal Quaker meeting.  I've agreed for the time being to move forward with this dual identity, but it is still bugging me.  I have visited Unitarian churches, but there the second component is missing. 

I wondered if maybe others with my views simply didn't feel a need to attend church?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2010 - 11:50PM #3
Jonathen

Anilorak13ska I do have some ideas since I too have gone thru that loss of like-minded fellowship in the past.  Personally I find no pleasure or peace of mind in attending mainstream Christian churches.  It is clear to me that Jesus did not intend to found the Christian religion.  Jesus preached that we are Gods, not that we were born in sin and therfore separated from God.  It was entirely Emperor Constantines idea to police allegiance and morality and meant to consolidate his Holy Roman Empire (the NWO of his time). 

My sense of fellowship and sharing is mostly through my You Tube and at Face-book sites, which you are free to visit...

www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBgood2012?fea...

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10000025...

If like minded, you might consider a church affiliated with (or recommended by) Bishop Carlton Pearson who like me, believes in a Gospel of Inclusion.  His Gospel is that everyone has already been saved by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  Carlton Pierson, If you like his version of the Gospel of Inclusion, can also be contacted at his "contact website"...

bishoppearson.com/contactCarltonPearson....

I too, believe there was a Jesus known as the Christ, and that there is a Christ Consciousness today (as there has always been).  I know the Jesus of Nazareth as the ascended Lord Sananda, my good friend and brother.   But that's another story. 

The revelation of Lord Sananda and other ascended masters is that same message given by Jesus long ago that we are Gods.  There is no such thing as sin; there are only good and bad choices that serve either ourselves or others.  Do you see how Christ's Golden Rule is central to all this.  We are attending the School of Life, whose only teacher is Karma, whose only subject is Love. www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lfiRIIvdEg

A mentioned earlier, Carlton Pearson received the epiphany that there is no such place as Hell, and made his story available at a time I needed to hear that.  I respect him a great deal for the courage and integrity seek and find his truth that God's love is universal and unconditional.   You might enjoy watching his story so that you may realize that you are not alone when the truths that resonate with you .   - Namaste. Jonathan

Carlton Pearson: To Hell and Back (Part 1)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv_rmQuagpY

Carlton Pearson: To Hell and Back (Part 2)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=baGwwma5VZo&feat...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2010 - 1:09PM #4
Anilorak13ska

Hi again.  I'll check out the links you provide.  It sounds like you've been able to sort of merge, for lack of a better word, Jesus with other teachers, and your understanding of his teaching transcends him as a person.  I say this because I recently was looking into Buddhism (again) and was fascinated by the parallels between Jesus's teachings and those of Sidhartha... but even if it means I am dillusional (as Buddhism would have me believe), I need to believe in a personal, caring God, and I want Jesus the person (as in teacher and example) to be the center of my faith.  For this reason, any attempt to worship in non-Christian circles only goes so far for me.  It seems that either the faith doesn't have Jesus at all (or very marginally, like Islam), or it makes Jesus God (most of Christianity).  Granted, there are the Christian denominations that many mainstreamers don't consider Christian precisely because they don't accept the trinity or Jesus's divinity, but none of those mesh with me either, as they either have too many nit-picky ordinances (something Jesus scoffed at) or by dethroning Jesus, he is no longer central to the worship either (say, Unitarians). Frankly, it doesn't bother me if others believe Jesus to be God, what bothers me about the Christian churches I've attended is how little they focus on following his example.  They mouth a crede and think they're done being Christians.  That's why I think to be a Christian and to follow Jesus are sadly not the same thing, though they certainly ought to be.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2010 - 6:18PM #5
Jonathen

Dec 17, 2010 -- 1:09PM, Anilorak13ska wrote:

Hi again.  I'll check out the links you provide.  It sounds like you've been able to sort of merge, for lack of a better word, Jesus with other teachers, and your understanding of his teaching transcends him as a person.  I say this because I recently was looking into Buddhism (again) and was fascinated by the parallels between Jesus's teachings and those of Sidhartha... but even if it means I am dillusional (as Buddhism would have me believe), I need to believe in a personal, caring God, and I want Jesus the person (as in teacher and example) to be the center of my faith.  For this reason, any attempt to worship in non-Christian circles only goes so far for me.  It seems that either the faith doesn't have Jesus at all (or very marginally, like Islam), or it makes Jesus God (most of Christianity).  Granted, there are the Christian denominations that many mainstreamers don't consider Christian precisely because they don't accept the trinity or Jesus's divinity, but none of those mesh with me either, as they either have too many nit-picky ordinances (something Jesus scoffed at) or by dethroning Jesus, he is no longer central to the worship either (say, Unitarians). Frankly, it doesn't bother me if others believe Jesus to be God, what bothers me about the Christian churches I've attended is how little they focus on following his example.  They mouth a crede and think they're done being Christians.  That's why I think to be a Christian and to follow Jesus are sadly not the same thing, though they certainly ought to be.

Good post.  So have you decided yet what is the nature of God?  May i submit that it is the self-same nature as that of the Universe, and interestingly enough, even Nobel prize winning scientists believe that, or better stated "have come to that conclusion". The founder of Quantum physics, Max Planck, acknowledged that the Universe is a Matrix of Mind. The exact words of his epiphany are worthy of contemplation.

All   matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must   assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent   Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.

Max Planck quotes ( 1858-1947)

Max Planck as you know, was no dummy.  He is the winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics 1918.

My path has led me to believe that there is only one God and we are "fractals" (like droplets of the ocean) of that One God... you  and I, and Jesus, Mary and Buddha, all Gods within God.  This One Infinite Creator is not the grumpy Jehovah of  the Old Testament.  God does not get angry as the non-existent Jehovah is said be.   Instead, God is Unconditional Love, and can be recognized as the  Holy Spirit of the New Testament. 

Oh yes there are nuggets of truth in the  Bible even for Christian-Budhusts such as I, just as there are truth nuggets in all of the holy books; but one must be discerning.  We must allow the heart, not just the head, to tell you what is truth, for the Ego has its' own agenda.

Here is an example of discernment, and please feel free to disagree for you are your sovereign self.  I believe that there is a key nugget of Truth  to be found in John 3:17 for example.

17 "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

However, verse 16, which preceeds it was clearly an attempt by the powers of  the day to form a new religion to hold the crumbling Roman Empire  together.  "For God so loved the  world that he gave his one and only  Son, that whoever believes in him  shall not perish but have eternal  life."  It is the Mafia, not God, who arm-twists and breaks legs.

You must be your own spirit guide and Guru, just as the  Buddha advised. 

“Believe   nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I   have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common   sense.”

(Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)

Blessings on your journey. -Namaste, Jonathan

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook