Switch to Forum Live View Attitudinal healing - changing one's mind, changing one's life
4 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2009 - 12:29PM #1
Dean1

Hi all!

I've actually just gotten connected, which I'm quite exited about Laughing

It's interesting how I wouldn't choose the circumstances in my past again, but also definitely don't regret them, as they've brought me to where I am now, so much more capable and open. I know without a doubt that the consistency in bringing things back to myself more and more is what it's all about - living without judgment, with acceptance, surrender and forgiveness in my heart and mind really changes one's life / or perception of life. But it's often the most challenging (to put it mildly) journey - when one feels mid way between the world and some profound inner shift. 

And yes, I am aware that many, if not most, go through this as a natural part of the process, but perhaps I need to write more on this one to really describe the peace, the turmoil, the turbulence, again the peace, the shifts, the moments of clarity and absolute understanding etc

But yes, wow! ..and so much more to write on this one, I could carry on until tomorrow morning (and that's no joke)! 

I've been working with A Course in Miracles for many years, which has been the greatest pillar of support for me, in terms of a practical approach to changing my thinking. This as well as many practical books I enjoy, which are really based on the same principles, but from different perspectives, which is always refreshing. My absolute favourites are :

'Loving what is' - Byron Katie

'A Thousand names for Joy' - Byron Katie

'Excuse me your life is waiting' - Lynn Grabhorn

'Total freedom' - Krishnamurti

'Emmanual's Books' - Pat Rodegast

'Aquarian Conspiracy' - Marilyn Ferguson' 

Dean, 36, Cape Town, South Africa 

--------------------------------------------

I do love my quotes as well, and putting them down here just to add to the above, as they really are "me" through and through :)

A Course in Miracles: 

'You have taught what you are, but have not let what you are teach you'

'Rest in Peace is a blessing for the living, not the dead. Rest comes from Waking, not from sleeping. Sleep is withdrawing, waking is joining'

'As soon as the struggle is abandoned, it is won' - Marilyn Ferguson "Aquarian Conspiracy"

'Go within ...or go without' - Anonymous

'To win these races, you need to take your foot off the accelerator' - Marilyn Ferguson's "Aquarian Conspiracy"

From Byron Katie 'A Thousand Names for Joy' : 

'Would you rather be right, or happy?' 

'An unquestioned mind is the world of suffering'

'If I think that someone else is causing my problem, I’m insane' 

'Life is simple. Everything happens for you, not to you. Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. You don't have to like it... it's just easier if you do' 

'The only time we suffer is when we believe a thought that argues with what is. When the mind is perfectly clear, what is is what we want'

Dean

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook