Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
4 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2010 - 9:58PM #31
belleo

Oct 27, 2009 -- 7:10PM, Amarantha wrote:

I want to learn prayer. I think it is an art as well as a form of self expression and healing. From what I know of prayer you are supposed to pray to someone or something, but my beliefs are so scattered that I don't know what or who to pray to....how can I learn this?

I thought I would go back to your original post . No two people pray the same way . I'm Christian so I know Christian prayer . Christian prayer is different . We pray to the Father , the Son and the HOly Spirit . The Bible says in the Book of Joel that the Spirit of God falls upon all flesh. Let the Spirit lead you into prayer . I had  put prayers behind me at one time . I started to pray again small prayers I had heard in my childhood . It was a begining .

I can't see how we can tell you who to pray to except to share our beliefs . Then you decide .

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2010 - 8:58AM #32
Passionatereason

prayer=meditation

meditation=prayer

When you need it, it matters not how you do it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 14, 2010 - 9:33AM #33
govind

Religion is the greatest thing happening to mankind.I am Hindu,and worship Lord Shiva.But it immaterial which God you worship;all of them guide you to the moral things in life,and internal peace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2010 - 12:20PM #34
world citizen

From what I know of prayer you are supposed to pray to someone or something, but my beliefs are so scattered that I don't know what or who to pray to.

There are many names attributed to the unknowable essence we in the west call God, but the vast majority of the world's faithful, even indigenous peoples without a formal religion, believe it was this same entity that created us.  Native Americans call it the "Great Spirit."  Regardless of one's personal beliefs, we all, in essence, pray to this same spiritual Deity, our Creator.  Imho, by whatever name you might call the Creator, know that this is who will answer prayers.

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2010 - 12:30PM #35
Joseph

Never, Never give up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2010 - 8:29AM #36
u.r.vibrant

When I am tired, I pray to a God as though God is separate from me and I am begging for help. However I am acknowledging a higher power than myself.

When I am afraid, I pray to a God that is powerful enough to snap me out of my fear, into love and truth.

When I am peaceful, I do not pray to anyone, but I desire and respect spiritual good, God, as though God and I are one, holy, and pure.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 06, 2010 - 10:48AM #37
Peaceb2u

Hi,

I spent time in a monastery and learned that everthing is a prayer.   Constant praying.  How you think, act, speak, not speak, move and work.   And there are so many to pray to..... like

angels, the Mother of God, Holy Spirit, God, Jesus,  all the Saints or pray to loved ones who have passed over.  Whatever your beliefs. 

Praying is not a chore but a gift.    I discovered a simple prayer can be more power filled than 15 decades of a rosary or chaplet of mercy.    A prayer can be a sigh or a smile at someone.    A spontaneous cry to God in prayer tongues  or a silence in your soul.

No right or wrong.    Just prayer.  

God Bless You

and peace always.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 06, 2010 - 2:54PM #38
KERENA

I like the prior post - that every action, every breath, every meditation can be a prayer if it is in line with the will of the Creator.  Adonai Elohim has a million names and hears each and every one of us no matter what name we call upon.  Is that not the true definition of love?

I also find the greatest comfort in talking to G-d one on one like a friend who is sitting next to me.  You get the most amazing responses that way if you take time out to be still and listen. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 06, 2010 - 8:38PM #39
belleo

True for me , prayer is often a conversation with the God who loves us .7

The Lord will reach our to you , but you must reach out to him .

" When you reach out to me , I will listen to you . When you seek me , you shall find me ." (Jer 29:12-13 )

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook