Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
5 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2009 - 11:19AM #11
Ask.seek.knock

Sep 4, 2009 -- 6:05AM, Leolotus wrote:

I followed a suggestion I read ages ago about the $100, put some monopoly money in your wallet!  I took a $100 bill out of a game and put it in my wallet.

The whole point is that whenever you open your wallet you see that $100 in there, not an empty wallet.....so you feel prosperous.

Leolotus,

As I mentioned, I have no first-hand knowledge of how the exercise works with Monopoly money.  However, it would be very interesting to read about the successes you experienced while doing the exercise in this manner.

Thanks,

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2009 - 12:02PM #12
Ask.seek.knock

Aug 31, 2009 -- 9:13AM, natsim7 wrote:

... while others may think this is superficial subject, the fact of the matter is we need money to live and survive. 

Natasha,

Why do you only "need money to live and survive"?  Why are you not allowed to have enough money to "thrive"? 

There is a very powerful LIMITING BELIEF hidden in your post: 

Rich people are superficial.

Certainly, there are examples to support this belief ... Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are two current personifications that come to my mind.  However, that is my perception of them from afar.  People close to them might describe them otherwise.

Maybe you could examine how you acquired this belief ... parents, siblings, other family, friends, church?  How has fear of being deemed "superficial" stood between you and your abundance?

Was there a time when you had money and someone made an unkind or unflattering comment to you or about you?  Was someone jealous of your success/abundance?

Who might resent your having money?  What relationships in your life would change, or possibly end, if you had money?

And, now, I need to go and reflect on my own answers to these questions ... 

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2009 - 1:23PM #13
ManzanitaBear

I'm in a similar boat to Natasha there: conflicted about money.  While I don't necessarily think rich people are superficial, I do find myself constantly running into the injustices about money.  You tell me I'm limiting my abundance and I think, are people in third world countries limiting their abundance?  What about people forced to work in sweatshops?  And the higher ups who get rich off the exploitation are somehow doing something better?

Of course, one might as well think about the injustices in how food is distributed instead of enjoying their own meals.  It doesn't make logical sense.  But on the emotional level, it's there.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2009 - 2:16PM #14
Ask.seek.knock

MBear,

As I said, it's all new to me, too. There's no argument from me that there is injustice in the world in many areas ... not just concerning money.

Your questions about the 3rd world countries, sweatshops, etc. weigh heavily on my mind as well.  In truth, those ideas were some of the biggest issues that I had with "The Secret" when it hit the scene.  The idea that, "if those people in Darfur would just think the right thoughts, then everything would improve," was disturbing at the very least.  Those issues may very well be part of my own LIMITING BELIEFS that keep me from achieving my own abundance as well.  I don't have all the answers ... probably none of us ever will (yet another limiting belief).  Nevertheless, I have not yet decided to quit searching for and experimenting with something that may make a positive difference for my life. 

By focusing on the things that you and Natasha had written, I was trying to work with what each of you had personally offered.  To re-emphasize one of Wind's favorite observations:  If you keep doing (or thinking) the same things, you'll keep getting the same results.

As for being able to fix the injustices of the world, consider the following:

You cannot get sick enough to help sick people get better.  You cannot get poor enough to help poor people thrive.  It is only in your thriving that you have anything to offer anyone.  -- Abraham-Hicks

Peace,

ASK

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 22, 2010 - 7:36PM #15
ManzanitaBear

Back to this thread: I'm convinced the Law of Attraction is all bunk. The only people who've really gotten rich off it are the self styled gurus who write books, produce videos, and give workshops on it and charge handsomely for them. It's the classic con, simple child's game: "Want to know how to get rich? Give me a hundred bucks. See, I'm getting rich!"

Still, I seem to be having modest success manifesting on a lower level, by being grateful. As I was getting off work last week, I looked in my wallet and saw that I had just seven dollars and change. I started thinking of everything I could buy with that money if I wanted to--and what followed naturally was why I didn't need to buy it. I could have taken the bus home, but it was easier to walk. I could have bought a sandwich at the deli, but I didn't need to because I had plenty of food at home. I could have bought an ice cream, a cup of coffee, or a six pack of beer if I'd wanted it, but I didn't want it. I could have bought simple things for home, like toilet paper or cleanser or toothpaste, but I already had enough. I could have bought food for my cat, but I'd bought some the day before.

The next day, I had to spend most of my seven dollars. Later that same day, a friend paid me ten dollars that she owed me. It wasn't completely out of the blue, since I'd remembered she owed me the money and I was sure she'd pay it first chance, but I'd expected the first chance to come a day or two later.

I don't know if this can translate to bigger... but it's comforting to think I really have enough.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2010 - 1:30PM #16
solful1

M-Bear I just skimmed this message and a few messages in the thread and I somewhat agree with you. I could really use some additional money. I've been without a phone since December cause I couldn't pay my bill. I often go a least a few days with a negative balance in my bank account and sometimes I don't have much food in the house either. I've been living like that for a long time, maybe almost 20 years. I've been trying to balance my budget and all that but I realized (years ago) that I don't have the proper "respect" for money. It's really a love/hate thing. I just like to acquire what I need and a few things that I "want" and I spend a lot of money being "generous". I'm also a single parent of a teenager.

That last post you typed resonated with me though. I've been there so much before. Down to my last few bucks and sometimes wishing I had at least a 20 dollar bill, but then when I take a real inventory, it dawns on me that the $5 or $10 I have is enough...till something else comes along. And sometimes during moments like that something just comes out the blue for me: unexpected sandwiches for lunch provided by the job; or getting invited to dinner by a friend at the last minute. Could be anything. No winning lottery tickets though (I don't play anyway). I like appreciating "simple" things but for me I suppose I should kick it up a notch and work more towards acquiring more and saving more and though I love helping people out...sometimes it's not in my best interest. It's hard for me at times but all I can do is keep trying.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook