Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View struggling to come out of the cocoon ??
5 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2009 - 1:55AM #1
Dragonflys

LIMITING GOD’S POWER

God's power in our lives increases as our ability to understand His love therefore grace increases.  The things that limit our power are limited only by our free will and understanding.  Faith works this way, we start with the little right we know and by an act of our free will, we do our best to carry that right out.  God respects free will and we always have the right to accept or reject, the little right, He has asked us to do.  He then gives us a little more right and again we choose whether or not to do it.  The more we choose right, the more right we are given to do.  The more right we do then determines, God's miracle working power in our lives.  Sincere desire to do the best we can, with what we know gives God the opportunity to bestow His goodness upon us.  It is we who limit God through our lack of spiritual vision.  Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good.  Lead me to the land of uprightness.  Psalm 143:10 and Lord, teach me Your ways.  Give me the spiritual insight I need to do the little things right.  Give me power to exercise my free will in doing what is right, and not what is wrong.  Lord we have all been given 24 hours, today, I choose to use mine doing good!Is God fair?  Do we not all have a choice? 

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2009 - 11:16AM #2
Glowangel

Aug 27, 2009 -- 1:55AM, Dragonflys wrote:

LIMITING GOD’S POWER

God's power in our lives increases as our ability to understand His love therefore grace increases.  The things that limit our power are limited only by our free will and understanding.  Faith works this way, we start with the little right we know and by an act of our free will, we do our best to carry that right out.  God respects free will and we always have the right to accept or reject, the little right, He has asked us to do.  He then gives us a little more right and again we choose whether or not to do it.  The more we choose right, the more right we are given to do.  The more right we do then determines, God's miracle working power in our lives.  Sincere desire to do the best we can, with what we know gives God the opportunity to bestow His goodness upon us.  It is we who limit God through our lack of spiritual vision.  Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good.  Lead me to the land of uprightness.  Psalm 143:10 and Lord, teach me Your ways.  Give me the spiritual insight I need to do the little things right.  Give me power to exercise my free will in doing what is right, and not what is wrong.  Lord we have all been given 24 hours, today, I choose to use mine doing good!Is God fair?  Do we not all have a choice? 

You have come a long way Dragonfly, Galations Chap. 5- verses 16-26 my favorit of these, is 18-19-20 then the one I love is 22-23. God loves you and so do I. God Bless you>> Glowangel 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2009 - 4:15PM #3
Dragonflys

THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING

How do I get the strength and power I need to be effective and fruitful in all I do?  By asking for God’s help.  I have to believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that for every day I live, God has enough power available for me to face each challenge that comes my way.  I must believe with all my heart that God has given me all the power that is necessary to accomplish any task that He wants done.  I do not need to hold back because I am assured that no matter what I do, or what I go through, God's power is already there, waiting for me.  God's power has amazed us in His creation and proven to be absolutely true in the changed lives of many.  I do not need to hold back, I know I cannot wholly fail if God is with me.  And the lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom.  To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen!  2 Timothy 4:18If everyone abandons us, the Lord stands with us.  When we are spent, He gives strength.  When failure seems inevitable, He steps in and gives us power to help finish what He gave us to do.Lord, let me not depend on my own resources or my own abilities, but in Your power.  You have promised to give me strength in all You ask me to do.  Today, I receive that promise and rest assured that You will honor my request.

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2009 - 12:22AM #4
Dragonflys

ONE STEP CLOSER

O.K.  Another month has passed us by, let us rejoice knowing that we have made progress and come one step closer to our goal.  It is a pleasure to be able to speak to you, please know we love all of you.  We all go through times when we are really not sure what we should do, but God does, and sometimes we just need to be patient and stay positive until we get further instructions.  Where we get in trouble is when we start to force things, and make them happen faster than they should.  God prepares things in His perfect timing so that; Number One.  We know that nobody could have done this but Him.  Two.  It's what's best for us. Three.  It is something that will last.  Hang in.… be patient, count your many blessings, and remember"ATTITUDE" is not only important; it's everything while you wait.  Your attitude will make the difference between success and failure. Remember the Little Engine that could?

“I Think I Can? I Think I Can? "I Think I Can" “I Know I can! I Know I Can!!  Everything begins with a thought!!!

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2009 - 3:18PM #5
Dragonflys

WHEN IN ROME - RUN

We have all heard the saying; "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."  We all live in this world and are taught at an early age to conform to its ways.  God however says there is a better way, a purer way, a more productive way.  Our ways must be guided by the Spirit of God, and will always lead us to greater rewards than the world has to offer.  He will teach us tolerance, sympathy, and understanding.  He places serving others before serving self, we are called to a greater good and a higher calling rather than merely exist and conform to this world and it's practices.  But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:  For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power.  And from such people turn away!  2 Timothy 3:1-5

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2009 - 12:02AM #6
Dragonflys

BUT THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS?  LOOOONGSUFFERING

One of the great lessons I have learned is that nothing good happens fast.  Everything requires time, time requires patience, and patience requires trusting and waiting on God.  God has provided all believers with patience but we do not always choose to use it.  It is always wise to wait on God for answers and solutions to questions, rather than to just dive in, make a mess of everything and then ask God to get us out of the mess we made.  Right now you may be in a barren place, but wait God has a better plan.  Don't lose heart; give up, or quit, keep the faith and remain optimistic because good things always happen in due time.God is patient and loooongsuffering we should be too.  And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.  Galatians 6:9,,  Let me accept people the way they are today and trust God to change the way I see them.

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2009 - 2:48AM #7
Dragonflys

Aug 27, 2009 -- 1:55AM, Dragonflys wrote:

LIMITING GOD’S POWER

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2009 - 3:26PM #8
elskende

yes the spiritual journey is a journey back one self which somehow has been confused and lost along the way. It does not belong to a humanly created belief or faith. It belongs to the nature of God universially. It is because of the growth of ego in the human brains, that our human modernization and centralization has created.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2009 - 5:13AM #9
Dragonflys

BUT IT DOESN'T WORK IF YOU DON,T USE IT ,,  iF YOU KNOW THESE THINGS, BLESSED ARE YE IF YE DO THEM,(JOHN 13:17) DO THE THING AND YOU SHALL HAVE THE POWER,,, KNOWING THE TRUTH IS NOT SOMETHING LEARNED ,BUT SOMETHING YOU UNFOLD FROM QUIET MEDITATIONS AND CONTEMPLATIONS OF OURSELVES AS SPIRITUAL BEINGS BY LISTENING TO THE HOLY SPIRIT ,,,IN SECRET , AND LET YOUR INNERMOST SELF GIVE EXPRESSION ,, RELEASING THE HIDDEN POTENTIAL IN  YOUR BEING.... OUR STRENGTH TO COME OUT OF OUR COCOON? THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED TO LEARN ,TO BE STILL,AND KNOW....

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2009 - 3:49PM #10
Cmartin

My soul was  blessed as I read your posts.  Every one spoke to my spirit...I needed them all. It's such a tremendous blessing to know that we have sisters/brothers who still cherish the Word of God...and who desires to live according to what it teaches especially in these days where materialism is rampant, respect for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is pushed to the side, and His blessings are left completely unnoticed. I praise the Lord for all His blessings and how He speaks to me by His obedient servants through His written Word.  God is LOVE and He continues to care for those who believe and accept Him.   "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" Psalm 46:10...

PRAISE HIM!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook