Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View WHAT’S LIFE REALLY MEAN?
5 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2009 - 12:40AM #1
Dragonflys

Is it difficult to claim the rewards of God while trying to attain the rewards of the world?  It all depends on your priorities.  If you want the full and complete satisfaction that can only be found in serving God, you must put Him first, then He will give you great rewards in the world.  If you put the world first, you will have no other or greater rewards than the world has to offer.  That is just not enough to keep a person happy.  There will always be times when we must choose, to serve God or serve the world.   If you choose God, you will have all the rewards God has to offer.  If you choose the world, then you will receive what it has to offer.  It is really hard to serve two masters, so choose wisely.  Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.  And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me."  Then Jesus said to him, "Away with you, Satan!  For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve."  Matthew 4:8-10    Lord I pray not to put my faith in the world but in You alone.  You are the source of life and happiness, not the world.  May my rewards come from serving You today.   Who do i want to trust with my heart ?? I choose the lord  to have joy in life !!

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 4:58PM #2
Glowangel

OH myYou have come a long way Dragonfly. Your writtings this time I could feel with my heart. And your set up pictures are great. I don't know just how to get mine set like that Very good. Your friend  GlowangelLaughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2009 - 7:22AM #3
Lovelysista

Thanks for the powerful message. Sometimes we want so bad to fit in this world and fail to realize that this is only a temporary living space. Only God can give us life, and if we want to chose  then we most certainly have to choose Him over  anything in this world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2009 - 6:32PM #4
Dragonflys

" May my vision not be,,,,,  But my faith is saying,,,,We become our own worst enemies when we depend on our strength to do what only God can do.  It takes an act of faith, a venture of belief to realize that all power comes from God.  We were not created to see God that would be too easy for us, however; we were created to believe God even though we can't see Him.  We believe we have a spirit and a soul, even though we can't see them.  Yes, we have intellect but we can't see it.  What we do see is the manifestation of God's existence through our mind, our will and our emotions.  We see it in the strength people receive through acts of faith.  We see it in answered prayers, and changed lives.  The power of God, although not seen is effective here and now.  But as is written:  "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."  But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit.  For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.  For what man knows the things of man except the spirit of the man which is in him?  Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.  These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 

1 Corinthians 2:9-14   "'Lord I pray that I may venture in the unseen world that only Your Spirit can reveal.   May my vision not be blocked by intellectual pride, I Guess its always been hard to try to become,,,,, 

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2009 - 3:00AM #5
Dragonflys

Is the Joy of the Lord really your strength?

Faith without joy is impossible.  If you are not happier because of your faith then what's the purpose of living the spiritual life.  Faith gives us optimism and hope.  It gives a us a reason for being and living.  It gives us joy unspeakable and full of glory.  Faith in God should bring a deep feeling of security and happiness, no matter what's going on around us.  Every day is a new day, a new opportunity to serve God... that's why we are here; right?  We are like pebbles being throw into a pool of still water, outgoing and ever reaching in ever widening circles.  It is impossible to put our trust in God and ever be disappointed….  Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory.... 1 Peter 1:8  

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2009 - 12:42AM #6
Dragonflys

IT’S BEYOND ME

There is beauty in a God-guided life.  There is wonder in the feeling of being led by God.  Try to realize God's blessing and goodness more and more.  God is planning something good for you.  His ways are wonderful and beyond your knowledge.  His leading will enter your spirit more and more and bring you more peace and joy than you could have ever imagined.  You life is planned and blessed by God.  You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  Psalm 16:11

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2009 - 5:54PM #7
MeredithD1

Thank you for your wonderful posts, everyone.

Life is really about understanding that the Source has a plan for each and every individual, and that plan gives us joy and fulfillment. Each being has a mission that the Source has designed for it. Living the mission is living in joy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2010 - 1:43PM #8
Dragonflys

In every moment there is Divine beauty which longs to be radiated through you. When one fails to freely radiate that Divine beauty, we suffer, but when we each allow the Divine beauty to freely manifest through our thoughts, words and deeds, then we harmonize with the Divine and begin to fulfill our greatest purpose, our Divine purpose.

{{{{Be ye beautiful, even as your heavenly Creator is Beautiful!!!!}}}}}

That's it! Simply be beautiful! or at least try always !!!

The Divine beauty that illuminates your heart is the only enduring beauty. Physical beauty comes and goes, but the beauty that shines from the loving heart is everlasting!!!!

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2010 - 9:48AM #9
dreamhealth

These are wonderful posts. Thank you. I needed them today.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2010 - 2:44PM #10
Dragonflys

Apr 28, 2010 -- 1:04PM, Dragonflys wrote:

Apr 28, 2010 -- 9:48AM, dreamhealth wrote:

These are wonderful posts. Thank you. I needed them today.

!Thankyou ! So are yours! what a wonderful reminder of the beauty of today!

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook