Switch to Forum Live View Spiritual Sound Healing
5 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2009 - 10:21PM #1
Jaquelinemarie

I would like to share with you my experience of sound and how it can be used as a medium for healing.  

Sound in any of its forms is a source of energy. As an energy source, it can be used as a tool for a change of consciousness and wellbeing.  Sound therapy is based on the theory that all of life vibrates, including people's bodies. When a person's healthy resonant frequency is out of balance, physical and emotional health is affected.  In sound therapy the sound vibrations create a “molecular” massage, stimulating each cell toward its proper resonating frequency. When our cells, tissues, organs and glands are all resonating in harmony, profound healing can occur.

Sacred sound - whether as prayer, music, song, incantation or chant - is a vital force which permeates every aspect of creation.  It is considered the oldest form of healing, and was a predominant part of the early teachings of the Greeks, Chinese, East Indians, Tibetans, Egyptians, American Indians, Mayas, and the Aztecs.

The broad spectrum of sound therapy includes chanting, an activity long connected to healing and religion, and sounds of nature. Different sounds have elicited a variety of emotional responses and altered mental and physical states in people.  The connection between sound and healing was chronicled in 1896 when American physicians discovered that certain types of music improved thought processes and spurred blood flow. More advances in sound therapy came after World War II when it was used as part of rehabilitation treatment for soldiers.  We are just now beginning to awaken to the ancient benefits of sound as a means of health and wellness.

As a practicing sound therapist, I can attest to miraculous changes that occur in a persons emotional, mental, and phsyical body.  One memorable session took place with a lovely woman who was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder and sever stomach pain. She had been in traditional therapy for many years without much success.

15 minutes into her sound session her anxiety, and stress related headache had dissipated. I observed the knots in her digestive tract relax and release. The emotional tension held in her stomach, neck, shoulders and chest was greatly alleviated.

When the session was finished she reported having a deeply moving experience, one which allowed her to let go of the sadness she had been carrying. She no longer had pain in her stomach, and her heart felt much lighter.

Here is an example of the sound I created to assist her process: www.JaquelineMarie.com

Coming from a place of grace and gratitude, I would like to offer anyone interested a free mp3 guided meditation. Please email me at: Sacred.Sound@live.com for your free meditation.

It is my hope that sacred sound will once again be utilized as a means of transformation.  It is simple, effective, and everyone can do it.  Around 400BCE, Plato profoundly stated, "Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."  Truly, music is the universal language.

In Light & Love

Jaqueline Marie

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2010 - 5:46AM #2
lorence

sound healing is great technique for relaxation.I have also founded a website which provides great knowledge on sound healing.If you want to know more on sound healing just click on the link below.  

Passionately wealthy

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook