Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Where Did You Meet Your Best Friend?
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 5:41AM #1
Beliefnetsabee

I met my best friend at the YMCA. Where did you meet yours? When you first met did you think your friend would become someone special to you?

I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2009 - 2:34PM #2
Trekgirl

I met mine all the way back in middle school and we have been best friends for almost 12 years since. She has taught me a lot and really helped me spiritually. I think, in a way, a best friend is very much like a soul mate. My own best friend is much like a sister to me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 14, 2009 - 10:29PM #3
MsCGheartofohio

I met my best friend when I was three and a half years old, and my parents brought her home from the hospital -- my sister.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2009 - 5:34PM #4
Latinbeat

I met my best friend Eleanor in the second job I held at the age of 21 and have been employed for 35 years.  She trained me even though she had started only 2 weeks prior.  We have shared joyful and sorrowful tears together.  She is my son's Godmother and I her daughter's.  I can discuss anything with her and know I will get a non-judgmental and honest response.  She is the true meaning of a friend.  She is like a blood sister to me and I know I am blessed to have her in my life.

Thank God!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2009 - 2:45AM #5
Wendyness

I met my best friend 40 years ago while swimming on a hot summer afternoon.  She came to pick up her little sister who was playing with a family friend of mine.  She had the best smile I have ever seen. We have weathered many storms together, and still we find humor.  I have laughed with her more than anyone on this earth!  I thank God for her every day!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2009 - 1:40PM #6
Zipporahx

SmileI met my best friend 50 years ago when we were both beginning high school.  We have kept in touch all of these years and have gone through much together.

She is a blessing and I thank God for her!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2009 - 4:42PM #7
appy20

I met my best friend 43 years ago.  Actually, she saw me first.  I was a sickly, underweight asthmatic.  I had short hair because I was hospitalized so often that it was easier for the nurses and my mother to wash it while I was sick.  Plus, the doctors believed I was allergic to my hair.  I couldn't wear dresses because I tended to be anemic and cold and was allergic to tights.  Asthma was not a common disease back then and the other kids were somewhat afraid of me. C was an imaginative, artistic type.  She was already a nonconformist and was initially drawn to me because I was a freak.  When she and I got to know each other, we found that we were a lot a like.  We liked books, animals, bikes, climbing trees and going places.  We evolved in the same direction our entire childhood and adolescence.  We skateboarded in high school, we liked music.  We both took piano lessons but she was far more talented than I was.  I was more successful at academics.  We took trips together.  My mother worked and her wonderful mother chauffered me all over the place to a lot of things that I would have been left out of had I not known her daughter.  She was like a second mother to me and she never made me feel bad for having to transport me to so many places.  My friend has always loved to wander and she lived in Canada for a few years and in various states far from where I live.  However, she and I remained friends.    We always will be.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2009 - 11:07AM #8
Thristy

Over my fifty years there have been times when I have used the word best friend to describe someone. Many have been females and a few males who were using that route to get you know where.Surprised But imagine my surprise when I was introduced to someone at my Aunt's wake who has turned out to be the most wonderful friend I've ever known, and yes I can use the title of best friend.Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2010 - 2:39PM #9
Bohemiangrrl

Almost 7 years ago at an animal recue shelter.  She was all alone in a corner, shivering and scared.  I scooped her up and snuggled her close.  We instantly bonded and are best friends to this day.

:)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 25, 2011 - 11:39AM #10
flwrbunni2011
I met my best friend at work, luv ya Yvonne
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement