Post Reply
Page 3 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Illusion Confusion
5 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2009 - 7:39PM #21
williejhonlo
Posts: 3,882

Jun 21, 2009 -- 12:13PM, Neomonist wrote:


williejhonlo


>>These positions are mutually dependent. Can we have a point A without a corresponding point B and are the points not mutually dependent on the 'space' between them?


>True, you can't have an absolute without an relative, and you can't have a relative without an absolute, they explain each others position. Still, the relative by definition is dependent on the absolute for its maintenance. Just like our bodies are dependent on our consciousness for its maintenance. The relative in my opinion is just the absolute in action, they are intimately related but not absolutely one.


In my opinion, the relative and the absolute are a paradoxical oneness.


>In my opinion illusory means something thats not quite true...


My expansion to the above includes 'and something that's not quite false.'



Hi neo, I believe in the end that its all inconceivable for us to completely understand.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2009 - 8:29PM #22
Neomonist
Posts: 2,705

Jun 21, 2009 -- 7:39PM, williejhonlo wrote:


Hi neo, I believe in the end that its all inconceivable for us to completely understand.





I agree. Can you imagine how boring it would be if all this were understandable?

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 12:30PM #23
Naturepeace
Posts: 3

If anybody is interested in seeing how the Qur'an confirms/agrees with the Book of Enoch:


www.scribd.com/doc/15821780/Quran-and-Bo...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 12:42PM #24
Shamanmystic
Posts: 620

"He who is confused is 1/2 way there... What matters is that the confused keep going" - SM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 1:31PM #25
lulu2
Posts: 454

Neo, I see in your argument a constant need for anhilation. Placing everything in opposition or seeing duality absorbed by the One. Two things can unite into the one, but two things can also produce a third. We can be physical, mental , emotional, and invisible. All at the same time.


  What I fail to see in your thought process is individual purpose. To deny that, in an  attempt to unify all things as equal, can do us and injustice. All things in the eyes of God are equal, but all things of the world are not.  


   We have a body ego, our survival nature, we have a mental ego, an emotional one, and a causal body. Along with that, we have a spiritual consciousness that unites them as the One. Each however, has functions unique unto themselves. When we attempt to make everything the same, we deminish their purpose. The Christ crucified His bodies ego, his lower mind. He also crucified His Higher mind, for He said...Father why has thou forsaken me... at that moment He was completely alone. He felt the dark night of the Soul. Not anhilation. Not nothingness or No-thing-ness. For He knew He still was.                

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 1:42PM #26
Shamanmystic
Posts: 620

"4 is greater than 3.... That which is hidden upholds that which is seen" - SM


"Music is as much the silence between notes as the notes of which are heard" -SM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 1:51PM #27
Neomonist
Posts: 2,705

Aug 18, 2009 -- 1:31PM, lulu2 wrote:


Neo, I see in your argument  a constant need for anhilation. Placing everything in God and Nature in opposition. What I dont see is the complimentary aspects of Self. Everything in life has a purpose, and to deny that is in ones attempt to unify, does just the reverse. We have a body ego, our survival nature, we have a mental ego, for power, and understanding, we have a spiritual consciousness that unites in the One. Each however, has functions unique unto themselves. When we attempt to make everything the same, we also deminish their individual purpose. The Christ crucified His bodies ego, his lower mind. He also crucified His Higher mind, for He said...Father why has thou forsaken me... at that moment He was completely alone. He felt the dark night of the Soul. Not anhilation. Not nothingness or No-thing-ness. For He knew He still was.              




Verse 10, Hua Hu Ching 


The ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle: Totally fascinated by the realm of the senses, it swings from one desire to the next, one conflict to the next, one self-centered idea to the next. If you threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go. Let desires go. Let conflicts go. Let ideas go. Let the fiction of life and death go. Just remain in the center, watching. And then forget that you are there. 


I'm talking about annihilating attachment to ideas.


 

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 2:04PM #28
mouradrashad
Posts: 624

Aug 18, 2009 -- 1:31PM, lulu2 wrote:


 We have a body ego, our survival nature, we have a mental ego, an emotional one, and a causal body. Along with that, we have a spiritual consciousness that unites them as the One. Each however, has functions unique unto themselves. When we attempt to make everything the same, we deminish their purpose. The Christ crucified His bodies ego, his lower mind. He also crucified His Higher mind, for He said...Father why has thou forsaken me... at that moment He was completely alone. He felt the dark night of the Soul. Not anhilation. Not nothingness or No-thing-ness. For He knew He still was.                




Hello Lulu2


All what you say that you have are man's illusion of possessing anything through claiming.


Without claiming anything to yoursef or to anyone else, who are you and who are the others?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 2:05PM #29
Shamanmystic
Posts: 620

"He who is at the center of the wheel is not carried by it through it's ups & downs"-SM Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 10:45PM #30
williejhonlo
Posts: 3,882

Aug 18, 2009 -- 1:51PM, Neomonist wrote:


Aug 18, 2009 -- 1:31PM, lulu2 wrote:


Neo, I see in your argument  a constant need for anhilation. Placing everything in God and Nature in opposition. What I dont see is the complimentary aspects of Self. Everything in life has a purpose, and to deny that is in ones attempt to unify, does just the reverse. We have a body ego, our survival nature, we have a mental ego, for power, and understanding, we have a spiritual consciousness that unites in the One. Each however, has functions unique unto themselves. When we attempt to make everything the same, we also deminish their individual purpose. The Christ crucified His bodies ego, his lower mind. He also crucified His Higher mind, for He said...Father why has thou forsaken me... at that moment He was completely alone. He felt the dark night of the Soul. Not anhilation. Not nothingness or No-thing-ness. For He knew He still was.              




Verse 10, Hua Hu Ching 


The ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle: Totally fascinated by the realm of the senses, it swings from one desire to the next, one conflict to the next, one self-centered idea to the next. If you threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go. Let desires go. Let conflicts go. Let ideas go. Let the fiction of life and death go. Just remain in the center, watching. And then forget that you are there. 


I'm talking about annihilating attachment to ideas.


 



Hi neo, Even if one annihilates all ideas there is still  the realization that one can annihilate all ideas, since the realization represents that which is the known their still must be a knower, therefore the realization than just becomes a duality between knower and known.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook