Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Travel full of losses and confusion???
6 years ago  ::  May 12, 2009 - 2:26PM #1
diggy1

Hi All,

It has been a while since I have had a dream that I can remember. The dream that I had repeatedly this morning stuck in my memory because each time I woke up it started over again.

I had gone on a trip with my ex-hubby, son and sister. I remember seeing all these beautiful buildings and roads. It was almost like a huge college with hundreds of buildings and side roads that lead to them. I recall the building and number where we stayed,it was 601-Q. The room was very elegant it had a sun room with white fluffy looking furniture that I sat on for a bit. The bedrooms and bathroom were separated by a wall with one door that lead to them. For some reason I left the room it was as if I had to go somewhere but unsure where. I left and went and got into my car(Old one I had before the one I have now) and started to drive. When I got out onto the highway I became confused and there were so many different signs with numbers leading to different buildings that I panicked. I turned onto the road leading to building number 7 and 8. I stopped outside of this huge building and went inside to ask for directions back to 601-Q. I got twisted around somehow and could not find help or where I had left my car. I was so frustrated and started walking. It was hot and I remember looking over into some residential areas I saw 3 white tom cats wrestling and jumping across the road and then my Mom(deceased)came running up to me so fast that she actually ran out of her clothing. She grabbed me and told me she was sorry for moving so far away from me and how happy she was to find me again. She looked exhausted and very sweaty from searching for me. She helped me find my way back to my car and then as we entered different buildings I kept losing her and finding her. I remember feeling so frustrated and tired. I was also scared and panicked. Finally I got back to the building where my Ex, son and sister was. My Mom was with me and as we was walking it was like she actually lived in this unknown place and knew it well. My sister and son who now looked alot younger than they actually are began walking toward me hand in hand and it switched over to being at a type of family reunion. All the females in my mothers family that had passed away sat on a large porch. I looked at my great great aunt Rein and her hair was tinted with a plum color which was different from the blue I can remember her having as a child. No men was there and I kind of wondered where they were. Anyway Rein looked at me and asked how my aunt Hilda was doing. I told her I had not seen her in a while and was not sure. She expressed how she would love to know how she is. I saw the faces of so many I can remember briefly as a child and some I knew well. Then I woke.

I just had this overwhelming feeling of panic. I just moved back into the neighborhood where I grew up. I left the home where my Mom passed away. I have felt so happy since being in this new home. It feels wonderful to sit on the porch and look out over into the park I played in so much when little. It feels right being here. My sister who is mentally disabled loves it also. I have been so excited and eager to settle in. Does anyone have a idea of what this could mean. I struggled for a few years with moving. I stepped into this house and immediately felt it was for me and my sis. Just wondering if this is my way of coming to terms with my Mom passing and getting used to our new home? By the way our house number is 61. In the dream also I forgot the street names were like those around us now. This dream may be so mixed up with stuff and hard to interpret but any help will be appreicated. Oh! My finances have been a absolute mess for a while and now I am finally seeing my way clear. The stress from money issues has been crazy for a while. It is all easing now, thankfully. Well hugs and thanks in advance always.

Diggy

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 13, 2009 - 9:49AM #2
dreamhealth

It seems to me that the dream was trying to connect all parts of your life into a structure, as in a story. Those in the next life are settled; those in this life are settled as well--and there is some connection between all. Particularly in the dream, there is a smoothing of past and present as the present moves into the future. This is true in real life as well as your enjoy the environs of your childhood while living today as an adult. Reconciliation of past and present, bringing what seemed muddled into a whole.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2009 - 5:17PM #3
Shamanmystic

May 12, 2009 -- 2:26PM, diggy1 wrote:

It has been a while since I have had a dream that I can remember. The dream that I had repeatedly this morning stuck in my memory because each time I woke up it started over again.

Recurring Dreams are important.... The message must be understood else it could morph into a nightmare in order to get your attention on the issue at hand... 

For some reason I left the room it was as if I had to go somewhere but unsure where. I left and went and got into my car(Old one I had before the one I have now) and started to drive. When I got out onto the highway I became confused and there were so many different signs with numbers leading to different buildings that I panicked. I turned onto the road leading to building number 7 and 8. I stopped outside of this huge building and went inside to ask for directions back to 601-Q. I got twisted around somehow and could not find help or where I had left my car.   I was so frustrated and started walking.

Feelin lost are you? So many choices / decisions /options ... Sometimes 2 many choices can lead to this.. and lead us away from our true calling in this world..... Always trust heart.... 

then my Mom(deceased)came running up to me so fast that she actually ran out of her clothing. She grabbed me and told me she was sorry for moving so far away from me and how happy she was to find me again. She looked exhausted and very sweaty from searching for me. She helped me find my way back to my car and then as we entered different buildings I kept losing her and finding her. I remember feeling so frustrated and tired. I was also scared and panicked. Finally I got back to the building where my Ex, son and sister was. My Mom was with me and as we was walking it was like she actually lived in this unknown place and knew it well.

Mom was nude because she shed the body and had nothing to hide.... Note how she helped you find your way .. and yes she was thoroughly familiar with said place as it's her new abode....... The place you were was the spirit realm ie ghost land....Always trust your deceased family memebrs in dreams if they were good people .. be wary if in life they were not "good ".......

All the females in my mothers family that had passed away sat on a large porch. I looked at my great great aunt Rein and her hair was tinted with a plum color which was different from the blue I can remember her having as a child. No men was there and I kind of wondered where they were. Anyway Rein looked at me and asked how my aunt Hilda was doing. I told her I had not seen her in a while and was not sure. She expressed how she would love to know how she is. I saw the faces of so many I can remember briefly as a child and some I knew well. Then I woke.

Sounds like a meeting of goddesses ie the norn / fates / muses....... The meeting of the elder mothers with the new.... These are your helpers.. From them you have learned much... apply the wisdom they taught you while they were alive.. They were reminding you of who you are.... You are them and they you..... You will meet them throughout life in the spirit realm ie place one goes in dream.. They will always be there to help u.. occasionally they'll disappear to see if you learn and apply what they teach.... And it's best to listen to them and try what they suggest as they can turn into the furies and you don't want that... that's when u get nightmares.. ie you have a life problem then meet em in a dream and they suggest you do x , y ,and z and you ignore them over and over and problem continues or gets worse and they try different ways to convey info to help u and u continue to ignore they're advice they will eventually either turn wrathful else abandon u.. neither of those last 2 options do u ever want on table...

Without a vision the people perish................

By the way the thought that Q might be representative of question ie like Q & A session... maybe you have 601 questions.... If so that's way to much stuff on your plate at one time.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2009 - 8:17PM #4
acii

It sounds like a rather distorted journey into the spirit world, but not on a very high plane.

The buildings, rooms, locations represent different places as well as different aspects of personality. The seeing deceased relatives is common in these realms.

The not being able to find the car is difficulty getting back into your body.

The porch is a viewing area  like the foyer between two worlds.
You were visiting one of the "many mansions."

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2009 - 11:50AM #5
Urukai

Hey Diggy,

How are you?

I think perhaps this dream reflects the journey of life that your on...People that affect you in good ways and bad you take with you on that journey...

The college is just a reflection of the fact that this is one large learning experience for you beautiful and vast in its complexity...

Rooms in this place represent different learning experiences as they relate to various aspects of you, the dreamer and when you leave them to venture out on your own there is very much a sense of not knowing exactly where you are in life, where you are going, where that direction may lead you as with any unknown experience we venture on.

There is a sense that if you get back into your old ways or mode of being (your old car) that the journey you take will become confusing and cause you distress in some way again leading you to seek help but feeling unable to find it when you feel you need it.

There is an acknowledgement that even in those moments of helplessness along the way you come across people who will help you find your way, shedding their own persona's and masks as they do so (like your mom).

Your reaction of frustration is quite normal but you are strong and go on in any case persevering  like you do in life, making the best of a bad or crappy situation...when your usual method of getting around and getting things done is lost to you, you go out on your own tiring though it may be (walking on foot).

In doing so, in finding your own way in life, by your methods, you eventually get to a place, where you are known by others, supported by others and comfortable with yourself.  (getting to that porch where your family is altogether).  Things come together and you reflect on life as things have transpired over time...

Not a bad dream...It reflects your sense that there is a lot to life, that you are learning and thriving in the midst of it all...

Peace my friend...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2009 - 11:07PM #6
indep

I have had several dreams over the years of being in a strange town looking for a bus which I am not familiar with, or of being on a road and I don't know where it leads, and I am definitely lost.   Sometimes I take these dreams to mean how I feel in a certain situation;  and sometimes as a warning not to take that path but to deal with the situation as it is for me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2009 - 11:44PM #7
Shamanmystic

the road less travelled......

Few know this way....

Narrow is the path to understanding.......... Many lose their footing and fall.....

Robert Frost (1874-1963).  Mountain Interval.  1920 follows........

"TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same, And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2009 - 7:43PM #8
indep

The Road Less Travelled is often quoted.  It was also the subject of a book by M. Scott Peck.  I think it is beautifully expressed and a great metaphor.

Having said that, as one who was forced off the mainstream path in Life to a very little travelled way on my journey, and suffered and been lost along the way, (tho now gladly resolved), it is not my recommendation to choose the path less travelled, however poetically phrased the lure is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2009 - 9:35PM #9
Shamanmystic

i'll take the road less travelled over the beaten trail any day....

Read that book some 20+ years ago... it good book... i would suggest another read it...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2009 - 11:27PM #10
Urukai

Aug 1, 2009 -- 11:07PM, indep wrote:

I have had several dreams over the years of being in a strange town looking for a bus which I am not familiar with, or of being on a road and I don't know where it leads, and I am definitely lost.   Sometimes I take these dreams to mean how I feel in a certain situation;  and sometimes as a warning not to take that path but to deal with the situation as it is for me.

Hello and Welcome Indep,

I think you got the gist of it ... "Sometimes I take these dreams to mean how I feel in a certain situation..."

In an unfamiliar situation (strange town) you look for a way, a  method (the bus) to get out of things. To make some distance between you and whatever the circumstances are.

At the time of such dreams look at the situations you're in or are worried about being in that reflect that same sense.

Situations that seemed unknown to you, unusual, that you just feel like you want to leave

behind enmass.

Being on the road reflects a sense of --okay you gotten some distance from a situation but you are still unsure of where things will lead which leaves you feeling unclear without a strong sense of direction in life....

Again look at what is going on in your life at the time that dream hits...chances are its reflective of your distance and doubts...

Hope this helps... 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook