Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Intuition on Swine Flu?
5 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 8:29PM #1
ManzanitaBear

I'm a little surprised no one's brought this up yet: the latest headline "panic" is swine flu.  Is it giving anyone any intuitive senses--like yes, this is big, and it will really shake things up, or no, nothing to worry about, or it's all a government conspiracy (the last said in jest!)?

I have the sense that it isn't really going to mean much--but I don't know if that just means that I personally won't be much affected, if at all, or that not much of anyone else will, either.  Then again, I pick up plenty lately, and not all of it is true.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 9:50PM #2
MysticAngel

I actually received an email yesterday I think, saying it was biochemical warfare. It was some sort of channeling. I didnt pay a whole lot of attention to it, so I don't really have an opinion.  I tend not to worry or think about these kinds of things.

Interesting that I saw your post today.

Love, Julie  ^j^  ^j^
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2009 - 2:19AM #3
Leolotus

Hi All

I think the main thing with swine flu is that, yet again, the poor and underpriveliged will be the ones to suffer most.  A Doctor here in Australia has come out and said that if you live in a slum environment with no real access to proper health care you are likely to be more at risk than someone in a more developed country.  Of course, if you think about HIV and Aids the people suffering the most are in Africa where there is real poverty and poor healthcare.

Now and then I tune into David Icke and Stuart Wilde and many of these more controversial authors do think that it is all part of a plan to control us and our movements.  If you have read anything about chemtrails (and believe it) then it is possible that "the powers that be" may be capable of spreading viruses and bacteria to the stage that is becomes a pandemic situation.

As for myself, really I am not that concerned about it as the healthcare here in Australia is good but also because ultimately, when our number is up here on Earth we are as likely to go with swine flu or with a car accident.  The way we go isn't really important in the end.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2009 - 8:08AM #4
BeerLover

"This is not the one."  That's what my intuition is saying.  It doesn't have the fingerprints of of a pandemic virus.  I do think the WHO is reacting properly, though.  It is a new strain of flu which has the potential to be really bad, but so far it's just another flu virus.  The garden variety flu (influenza) kills something like 15,000 people in America every year.  It will fade out of the news cycle in two weeks or so.

The real damage will be to the fragile Mexican economy which depends heavily upon tourism.  If the resorts are empty and the cruise ships don't dock, the lost revenue may push the whole economy past the tipping point.  That's the big story IMHO.

BeerLover

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2009 - 12:21PM #5
ManzanitaBear

Apr 29, 2009 -- 9:50PM, MysticAngel wrote:

I actually received an email yesterday I think, saying it was biochemical warfare. It was some sort of channeling. I didnt pay a whole lot of attention to it, so I don't really have an opinion.  I tend not to worry or think about these kinds of things.

Interesting that I saw your post today.

I would never take those kinds of emails seriously.  All it is is internet rumor.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2009 - 5:38PM #6
Flowseeker

My feeling is this isn't the big one. But we're getting closer.  I hope there will never be a Big One.

Check out my hubs on http://hubpages.com/profile/Tranquilheart
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2009 - 6:14PM #7
Chani2009

Hmm... have any of you ever read the book "The Coming Plague" by Laurie Garrett?  It's a great book, scary and enlighting (and inspiring too).

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 01, 2009 - 1:00AM #8
Leolotus

Hi Chani, that book sounds interesting, are you able to tell us a little bit about it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 01, 2009 - 11:38AM #9
Chani2009

Sure... it basically goes through the history of public health, disease and epidemiology... the "unedited" history (not just the popular history).  It's kind of like a "now here's the rest of the story" for the history of epidemiology and public health in the US (and to some extent in the world).  For example, it tells the real stories and about the real people behind how small pox was eliminated from the world population.  Some of it sounds like an adventure novel, except it's all true.  But she also talks a lot about how diseases get into human populations, what can or should be done to prevent them... and her fear that if we keep destroying the environment (cutting down rain forests especially) that we're just asking to come across a disease we won't be able to stop. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 01, 2009 - 2:48PM #10
millefeori

May 1, 2009 -- 1:00AM, Leolotus wrote:

Hi Chani, that book sounds interesting, are you able to tell us a little bit about it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmmmmmm .....Just like the poster  who Said don't trust the internet... Same applies to Books..... can't believe nor trust  Babbble & Rumor...

The ChemTrails are there for a reason, & it's not to ENTERTAIN  us with Streaky puffy   lines across our skies..... But  Biochemical warefare is  a very very  strong possiblity, basically  because  there are so many suddenly  in our skies... & these Jets have nothing whatsoever  with protecting Our Homeland Security......

If our Government  so chooses  & desires to annilate Americas  population  Well ....Hell & Corruption  .....They definately have our full Attention... !!!

Obama Self, plans on keeping our borders opened Even if contamination floats in.....

In fact  Obama seems neither shaken nor concerned  by  his own words ...Quoting Obama Self : The Virus is already here : Why  Close our Borders: ??????????????????

Obama  Self, wants us to believe that  we're  all infected  & now Deal with it.... HA !!!

"What A  WAY TO END  US  ALL" Uggggh

If You Really Want Enlightenment, then Just Lighten Up..!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All That Is -Would Not Be All That Is..!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook