Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: Ye Olde Inn
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 12:21AM #1
DAH54
This area is also about writing. So to give the writers out there a chance, this thread is a social thread, a place to come and sit a spell, a place to pull up a chair with an old friend, or to find a new friend. A safe place to share, (I Hope) so how about some of you talented writers helping me to create the Ye Olde inn? Create a word picture, tell me about Ye Olde inn, populate it with who you like, describe that room or area for me and others, set the location. Perhaps you have a picture you would like to share? The Ye Olde Inn is big, really big with lots of rooms. Their is a book in the main entrance to Ye Olde Inn, and it is customary for guest to sign in, and tell us about one good thing that happen to you today.

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 1:25PM #2
Amycain
Okay,
I think the Ye olde Inn should have a thatch roof like the charming houses on the Island Of Sylt, Germany  have (where I was stationed at the Coast Guard Loran C station in '86 & '87) and I have retrieved a picture example :

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 7:35PM #3
Amycain
Okay I reread what you said DAH
signing in as

let's see one good thing that happened today. . .hmmm:
I woke up, so, so far I still have the opportunity to express my little corner of existence in a way that I will find satisfying, my life has not yet reached a finality that I look back on in departure with regret. Oh there are definitely parts of this day I regret but I am glad I am not out of time and chances.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 7:41PM #4
blownawayby
amy is right on track! not only does it have a thatched roof, but it is indeed by the sea. in fact, it is a few paces from  the sea, just above the sand dunes where a little grass path leads to a hidden cove where the waves gently  lap at the shore. i saunter onto the deck which overlooks the water,  to find amy and DAH on their chaise longes chatting away about satisfaction and regrets. they offer me a lemonade and i think to myself , "ahhh life IS grand!" as i plop myself into a big old hammock, waiting for ......

p.s. i know no fancy computer trix like amy does so i will just have to sign in as

MADAME X     muahhahahaaaa
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 8:08PM #5
Ask.seek.knock
"Am I on time for the pool tournament?" ASK wonders as she nears the Inn. She opens the door to the Inn, and her eyes take a moment to adjust from the brightness outside to the dimmer light inside. As she steps in the door, she hears the creak of the wooden plank floor under her foot. The large, open tavern/dining/billiard room is an abundance of dark wood; the huge overhead beams would likely feel oppressive if it weren't for the expanse of space above them that leads to the raised ceiling and the high window that still allows some of the late afternoon daylight to filter through.

ASK stops at the guest book and signs in, "I'm grateful that DAH has created this place for us." The room is empty, so she starts looking around for the others that she knows are here from their notes on the guest book. She sees some movement through the sliding glass doors that lead to the deck and figures they must be out there. Before going out, she saunters over to the bar and makes a big pitcher of virgin frozen strawberry daiquiri and sets it and some glasses on a tray to carry them out to the deck.

(Closest picture I could find to what I imagine.)

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2008 - 10:34PM #6
blownawayby
"over here!, Ask!  pull up an old rocking chair and sit for awhile before i trounce you all in a game of pool!  ... we are enjoying this great sunset and pondering life's idiosyncracies... watcha got there? looks like strawberry daquiris? Care for some nachos?  Amy made a great salsa with her  leftover cilantro.  Now... as we were saying.... "
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 8:53PM #7
Amycain
[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"]
"MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm virgin daquiris cool I was just thinking I need to wet my whistle and cool off the fire in my mouth from the special extra hot salsa!! now where was I . . .oh yeah who can talk regret looking at that killer sunset!!"
[/FONT]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 9:29PM #8
Ask.seek.knock
[COLOR=blue]DANG!!!! I wish someone had told me that salsa was extra-hot BEFORE I took a mouthful!! Yeah, sure, you think it's funny! I've got tears in my eyes, and my voice will be hoarse for three days. From here on out, I'll stick with the ...[/COLOR]

So, now that the sunset is over, let's get the pool tournament started. Rack 'em up. What's the game - nine ball, eight ball, straight pool?

*ASK goes inside to take her cue stick out of the case and assemble it. She rolls it on the table to make sure it hasn't warped over the long period of disuse. Now, to find that chalk.*

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 9:53PM #9
blownawayby
psst ! DAH ! wake up !! WAKE UP !!!  Amy  ! i am crappin my pants !  ASK brought her OWN portable cue stick ! she's a professional !!! she KNOWS what she's doing !  come on ! stop staring at the sun ! dont you know you can go blind if you stare directly at the sun ?!?  put down your pen ! put down the salsa !  i don't know what's hotter - that salsa or  the last poem you wrote !!!   come on let's get our game face on !  Here. Throw this lemonade on DAH to wake him up .   Don't worry. just follow my lead !

blown (  giving a roaaaarrrrrr and a grrrrrr   and assuming  the muscle flexing position of a sumo wrestler, hoping that amy and DAH are doing the same behind her so she doesnt make a total ass of herself without their help )
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2008 - 10:04PM #10
Ask.seek.knock
Ummm, Blown ... be careful what you wish for ... DAH will probably give you a "roaaaarrrrrr and a grrrrrr" for calling him a her.

ASK

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook