Switch to Forum Live View Prayer/Meditation Garden
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2009 - 9:52AM #1
appy20

Does anyone have a prayer or meditation garden?  If so, could you tell me about the design, size, etc.?  I have been wanting to put in such a garden for years.  I am thinking that if I start small, I might be able to pull it off this year.  Any ideas, suggestions or whatnot?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2009 - 11:44AM #2
Teknmage

You *might* find this link of some help, > Meditation Garden - Design, Layout, Planting < I'm a believer in what this author calls double digging. I also believe if one is actually going to meditate the selection of the chair or what ever is of some sigificants. It needs to be comfortabe and not distracting, I personally don't think a "lawn chair" as I use that term fits the bill.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2009 - 3:52PM #3
appy20

I thought of the chair angle.  It is a good point.   I also plan to read there so the chair has to be comfortable.  Locally, some feed and seed places sell really comfortable swings.  I may look into one of those.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2009 - 7:56PM #4
Teknmage

So much of what I think of as lawn furniture is noise, now me I'll take something like this,

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2009 - 9:38PM #5
LuvBear

That picture is what my daughter showed me. She just got married this last Aug. 24th  and she and her husband went to Maui for their honeymoon. She said they had hammocks like this up and down the beach where you could just stop and sit or lay in them if you wanted to.

I don't have a real special Meditation & Prayer spot. I can't put a tree in our back yard because we have power lines right in the middle of the yard. I  have is a patio cover instead. I can't sit out in the sun because of the harmful rays, and I tried an umbrella but it just wasn't the same, as when we would have wind, it would blow enough, and make noise.

I have a swing that sits three, a table with a small fountain, a bird bath near by that the birds come to bathe in. I have lots of plants on the patio also. For me it's perfect as I am around the back of my house. I can hear the kids out front without them bothering me. When I am in the swing, everyone knows at certain times that I am not to be bothered. I also have a Cd player that I use for meditation as sometimes  music for me is a great form of meditation,  and I  have a New Age musician who has some music I like for relaxing and for stress relief.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2009 - 3:42PM #6
appy20

That sounds lovely!  I had forgotten about the birdbath.  That is a must.  May add a feeder too. I think your spot sounds heavenly.

Locally, there are some folks that do caneback rockers.  The better craftsmen can really do a great job. My vet actually sells one man's work and they are nice but not quite as nice as the ones in the library.  We have some of the best ones in the magazine section of our library.  People come in and rock our library cats.  They are the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in.  If I can find that quality, I may buy one of those.

Also, locally some of the feed and seed stores have people who build swings that are unusually comfortable.   Amazon. com had some nice swings with frames.  It isn't good to put swings on pine trees because, a)the roots are shallow and fragile enough during rains and b)can damage them and run the sap.  All I have are pines.  Although, they are pretty pines and the wind blowing through them is extraordinarily peaceful.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook