Switch to Forum Live View Suicide - Favor in Restoration of Marriage
5 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2008 - 1:14AM #1
trusting&believing
I am here asking for prayer. My husband and I have been going through some very rough times the last few months. It took us 7 years to get pregnant and then I lost the twins on the 31st of May 2008. On August 13, 2008, my stepdaughter died of leukemia. I had surgery on the 14th of August and was told that I may never have kids of my own because I was raped as a child by my father. My doc says that I have permanent damage to my reproductive organs. To get my mind off of all the drama, I started gambling. I have been with my husband for 12 years and 3 years ago, I almost cheated on him. He has a job that keeps him away from home for weeks, sometimes, months at a time. That is no excuse but I admitted my wrongdoing to him. We were not married at the time. He is having a hard time forgiving me and we have been talking about divorcing but I am still in love with my husband and divorcing him is the last thing that I want to do. I have already repented for my sins and I feel that God has forgiven me but now, I am suicidal. I have just been through so much in such a short period of time that I don't want to go on. Please pray for me that I will be able to get my life back on track before it is too late. Please pray for total restoration in my marriage because I love this man with everything in me. He is the most important person in my life next to God and I can't stand the thought of him and I not being as one. He is mad with me but he still holds me at night and makes love to me and is civil. But then he says that he doesn't know if he can forgive me. I am so confused!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2008 - 11:59AM #2
sacrednvisions
I am going to be REAL honest - your honesty i respect - your selfishness - I don't or can't. First of all are your not thinking of others  feelings -truthfully-but just yourself.Let go of EGO - and try a lil spiritual aspect of thinking.
Jesus walked on water not air pockets ;) so the meaning - faith & understanding in spiritual aspect as well as yourself & others. Think of anothers feelings & etc . before self inducing your own feelings.
God bless you & America.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2008 - 6:19PM #3
Chiyo
May Trusting&Believing and her husband have happiness and its' causes,
May Trusting&Believing and her husband be free of suffering and its' causes,
May Trusting&Believing and her husband never be separated from bliss without suffering,
May Trusting&Believing and her husband be in equanimity, free of bias, attachment and anger.

_/\_ Namu Amida Butsu. Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu. _/\_

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2008 - 10:09AM #4
ItsAllALie
Trusting,,,,,please go together to see a marriage counsellor,,,,,,they really can work miracles,,,,,your husband needs to forgive you if he's to live comfortably with life,,,,and your marriage is to survive,,,,,,,it's hard to forgive sometimes, and resentment is the worst enemy of a marriage,,,

I'm praying for you,,,,,,Holly
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2008 - 10:31AM #5
itty
I pray for you a resolution to this situation. I pray you are given the answers you need.

I will tell you that marriage counseling is a good thing. Also go get counseling for yourelf! You need someone to listen to you and give you good, timely and unbiased feedback.

If you are suicidal then don't wait. GO GET HELP!!!!! People who think about suicide have serious issues and you need intervention NOW!!! Don't wait. You must heal yourself so that you can heal your marriage.

You have suffered losses. You have my compassion and my understanding. Please do help yourself. May your God guide you to the healing you need.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 28, 2008 - 7:04PM #6
Morwen
Oh my dear, I echo others' sentiments--PLEASE go see a counselor. I think you should see one for yourself first, because it seems to me that you haven't forgiven yourself for a great many things. I think you need to  forgive yourself first before you are ready to be forgiven by another.

Your husband's pride is hurt and yes, the trust has been violated, but not so much so that it is irreparable. Your almost-infidelity is but a symptom of what's gone wrong for some time. It was most likely a cry for love and for help.

Well, we hear your cry. And we pray for you, your husband and your situation. But you must go see someone before you do something that BOTH of you will regret forever. Please keep us posted as to what's going on.

May God give you Peace.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook