Switch to Forum Live View Spiritual Growth - Men vs Women
5 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2009 - 3:54PM #1
Jazzyman53

With regards to the matter of spiritual growth in men versus women, it is a very important issue for me. I am a member of a church that empowers and teaches Bible-based spiritual living. We are taught during numerous study sessions the scriptures that support this line of belief.  Men cannot grow spiritually because we let our egos and that macho attitude get in our way. Men are taught not to be emotional and show weakness.  This is part of the very problem which is the basis of some men not growing spiritually. The perception that there is a weak man in the presence of another man.  Society has taught us that weak men are not acceptable. The bible teaches us to be more Christ-like.  The Lord Jesus was a macho acting, tough talking man.  He was humble, meek, and considered Himself lowly.  But, he was more man than all who have lived since!! He did more in less than 35 years than any 10,000 of us could do in 75 years.  Even if we cannot perform the miracles He performed, why should we not try to live as he did?  The Lord Jesus had a ministry of love, patience, hope, faith, deliverance and service.  It takes a REAL man to want to live like Jesus lived. That should be the goal of all men. It is the journey I have been taking and will continue to take until my days are done.  May the Lord God bless you all!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2009 - 9:40PM #2
dsfin

With 90% of ministers being men, how can anyone believe men have less spirituality.

It is important to be in touch with God and use that direction in leadership.

Interesting how a fat preacher was talking about everyones sin but his own obeastity.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook