Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View God In Any Religion?
5 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2008 - 9:44PM #1
Blood_Bound
Is it possible to be part of any religion (other than an Abrahamic religion) like Hinduism or Buddhism, for example, but still believe in/worship God?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2008 - 9:50PM #2
Sacrificialgoddess

Blood_Bound wrote:

Is it possible to be part of any religion (other than an Abrahamic religion) like Hinduism or Buddhism, for example, but still believe in/worship God?

Which God?

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2008 - 4:34AM #3
Innocentodion
[QUOTE=Blood_Bound;902903]Is it possible to be part of any religion (other than an Abrahamic religion) like Hinduism or Buddhism, for example, but still believe in/worship God?[/QUOTE]
Nobody can stop you.  It might be considered unorthodox, though.
However, Hinduism already has a God (or several, depending on your view.  Many Hindus believe all of the gods are like rays of light from the One God).  Buddhism does not have one.

If Buddhism had both an immortal soul (not eternal), and a Creator God, I would be Buddhist again, in a heartbeat. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2008 - 4:58AM #4
Nightwriterx
I don't think you can BE Hindu or any religion that already has a different god than yours. As for whether you can be Buddhist and believe in gods, well, that depends on who you ask. But you can certainly believe in whatever god you want and bring aspects of Buddhism or Hinduism into your life.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 7:38AM #5
Luminessence
[QUOTE=Blood_Bound;902903]Is it possible to be part of any religion (other than an Abrahamic religion) like Hinduism or Buddhism, for example, but still believe in/worship God?[/QUOTE]

I don't follow an Abrahamic religion, but I'm still monotheistic. (I assume you're talking about a monotheistic concept of God.) I'm not sure whether it could work with a polytheistic religion like Hinduism, for example.

If you're talking specifically about the god that the Abrahamic religions follow, it might be tougher, but you could probably still make it work. I do know there are Christian Wiccans out there (though a lot of people don't think that path is valid).

And a lot of people follow the philosophy of Buddhism while still believing in another religion.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 11:40AM #6
nuitprincess

there are naturopathic ideals that say outside of paganism you can find the
universe in knowledge

mine is nature and innovations such as a. i      tech a i

my Nannyy  ep needs me to go and take my ride got
called

best hour of my life ever    any who important stuff y subjex   um  so mine is naturopathic the other is homeopathic so thats collegiate like my K I VA  so well i like nature

anywho you master the a i you master  the right to call on the elementals to control them

thats what i learned from my papa (zen buddist)

our lines go elemental thru coyotes
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 11:46AM #7
nuitprincess
[QUOTE=nightwriterx;915066]I don't think you can BE Hindu or any religion that already has a different god than yours. As for whether you can be Buddhist and believe in gods, well, that depends on who you ask. But you can certainly believe in whatever god you want and bring aspects of Buddhism or Hinduism into your life.[/QUOTE]

i guess if

[QUOTE=nightwriterx;915066]I don't think you can BE Hindu or any religion that already has a different god than yours.

its valid

As for whether you can be Buddhist and believe in gods, well, that depends on who you ask. But you can certainly believe in whatever god you want and bring aspects of Buddhism or Hinduism into your life.[/QUOTE]

i like my married gods better dont have to consult wif neighbors first

hoy americans rock everytime the leave the house with out the right to break ...

[QUOTE=nightwriterx;915066]I don't think you can BE Hindu or any religion that already has a different god than yours.

if   iz valid

As for whether you can be Buddhist and believe in gods, well, that depends on who you ask. But you can certainly believe in whatever god you want and bring aspects of Buddhism or Hinduism into your life.[/QUOTE]

i like my married gods better dont have to consult wif neighbors first
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2008 - 11:39AM #8
marty85911
Of course. Can I ask why you pose this question?
Kind Regards...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2008 - 6:52PM #9
Sacrificialgoddess

marty85911 wrote:

Of course. Can I ask why you pose this question?
Kind Regards...

I'm still asking which god are we talking about here.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 12:42AM #10
pilahawaiian
To me God is the Spark of LIFE in every living cell in the universe, that is why we are all born in the Image of God. That Image is the only Image that is the same in all humans on Earth.

If you really think God is the Image of a old man with a white beard, you are really in la la land.

When people go to heaven and come before THE God they say God looks like a pure ball of energy. A large ball of light. They say Jesus looks like a human of light or a light being.

Research, Research, Research I really think God sends those people back to Earth just so we really would Know and understand what God and Heaven looks like. So if you got to See the Kingdom on Earth you would really know what you are seing, and not something Manifested by Man.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook