Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What is Intuitive Counseling?
6 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2008 - 7:10PM #1
steelpoet
And how does it differ from regular counseling? I was recently introduced to this forum and want to learn more.

peace,
steelpoet
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2008 - 9:03AM #2
BeerLover
[QUOTE=steelpoet;616691]And how does it differ from regular counseling? I was recently introduced to this forum and want to learn more.

peace,
steelpoet[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hey Steelpoet, good to see you here.  Our gracious host, Windwizard, will contribute her concept of intuitive counseling before long.  I'll offer mine in the meantime.  This board and its regulars were quite helpful in getting me through an extremely rough time in my life.  I view what intuitives do as a step beyond what tarot readers do.  We readers, as well as those who us tools like I Ching, crystals, pendulums, and the like are"gifted psychics" in our own right.  But a true intuitive, IMHO, is one who has evolved beyond the need for props and can go out there and "find" you in the spirit world, and read you directly.  Again, this is my distinction, not based on any sort of organization's definition. 

An intuitive counselor, then, is one who combines this wonderful empathic ability with tools from conventional psychology to help a patient.  If you look through the threads, you will find much more than counseling- a mixture of counseling (but not for any sort of actual psychiatric disorders), tips for enhancing your own intuitive ability, and general spiritual discussions.  True intuitives (according to my definition) are much more rare than us "tool users" and work differently.  It's a good place, here, with a different feel than my usual haunt.

As I said before, this is my impression of the Intitive Counseling board.  Wind, and some of the other regulars will no doubt offer these before too long.

BeerLover
[/FONT]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2008 - 10:46AM #3
windwizard
SteelPoet
Interesting screen name!
Well hello and welcome to the board......its always so nice to see new faces show up and take part in the numerous topics that are usually going on over here.

As im sure you know this question is posed many times and each time I find a 'little more of me' along with any new learnings I have gained since the last time asked, always add and help to best answer this question.
As you may or may not know, we all have various degrees of intuition that we are born with. Those who have strong intuition skills quite often develope them into what can be considered  the ability  to "Just Know' before something happens. What I try to do here is offer various ways to enhance this ability as well as share our many exeriences in many areas of life so that a sense of connective energy is usually present and hopefully alot of sharing and gaining of wisdom along the way!
Over the years I have studied and learnt various aspects of many of the 'tools of the trade' and have now after 20+  years come to working most often in clear channel without the use of tools, most often have been referred to as same energy field a 'Medium' would work in.  As with everything in our lifes path I believe we never stop learning for if we do we stop living!  No one will ever have all the answers, nor be correct  all the time.......but with sharing and enhancing ones skills it is my belief we can make the journey through this life just a little easier and more understandable to those who are of like mind with respect to the various areas of ones Spirituality. 
So have you ever worked with any 'tools' or perhaps found an unusual ability that those around you often refer to as a gift?
...................and the sharing and gaining of wisdom begins........

'May today the the Day
You stumble upon your
Tranquill River of Life'
    Your Host
  ~~WIND~~
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2008 - 9:03AM #4
BeerLover
[QUOTE=steelpoet;616691]And how does it differ from regular counseling? I was recently introduced to this forum and want to learn more.

peace,
steelpoet[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hey Steelpoet, good to see you here.  Our gracious host, Windwizard, will contribute her concept of intuitive counseling before long.  I'll offer mine in the meantime.  This board and its regulars were quite helpful in getting me through an extremely rough time in my life.  I view what intuitives do as a step beyond what tarot readers do.  We readers, as well as those who us tools like I Ching, crystals, pendulums, and the like are"gifted psychics" in our own right.  But a true intuitive, IMHO, is one who has evolved beyond the need for props and can go out there and "find" you in the spirit world, and read you directly.  Again, this is my distinction, not based on any sort of organization's definition. 

An intuitive counselor, then, is one who combines this wonderful empathic ability with tools from conventional psychology to help a patient.  If you look through the threads, you will find much more than counseling- a mixture of counseling (but not for any sort of actual psychiatric disorders), tips for enhancing your own intuitive ability, and general spiritual discussions.  True intuitives (according to my definition) are much more rare than us "tool users" and work differently.  It's a good place, here, with a different feel than my usual haunt.

As I said before, this is my impression of the Intitive Counseling board.  Wind, and some of the other regulars will no doubt offer these before too long.

BeerLover
[/FONT]
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2008 - 10:46AM #5
windwizard
SteelPoet
Interesting screen name!
Well hello and welcome to the board......its always so nice to see new faces show up and take part in the numerous topics that are usually going on over here.

As im sure you know this question is posed many times and each time I find a 'little more of me' along with any new learnings I have gained since the last time asked, always add and help to best answer this question.
As you may or may not know, we all have various degrees of intuition that we are born with. Those who have strong intuition skills quite often develope them into what can be considered  the ability  to "Just Know' before something happens. What I try to do here is offer various ways to enhance this ability as well as share our many exeriences in many areas of life so that a sense of connective energy is usually present and hopefully alot of sharing and gaining of wisdom along the way!
Over the years I have studied and learnt various aspects of many of the 'tools of the trade' and have now after 20+  years come to working most often in clear channel without the use of tools, most often have been referred to as same energy field a 'Medium' would work in.  As with everything in our lifes path I believe we never stop learning for if we do we stop living!  No one will ever have all the answers, nor be correct  all the time.......but with sharing and enhancing ones skills it is my belief we can make the journey through this life just a little easier and more understandable to those who are of like mind with respect to the various areas of ones Spirituality. 
So have you ever worked with any 'tools' or perhaps found an unusual ability that those around you often refer to as a gift?
...................and the sharing and gaining of wisdom begins........

'May today the the Day
You stumble upon your
Tranquill River of Life'
    Your Host
  ~~WIND~~
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2008 - 4:40PM #6
steelpoet
*waves to BeerLover* I see you frequent this part of Bnet, too.That's a really interesting explanation and thanks for sharing!

Hello, windwizard. My pleasure to make your acquaintance :) The screen name I chose is in reference to my love of poetry.

To answer your question if I work with "tools", I never have in my life, LOL! I'm a total newbie when it comes to tarot, crystals, etc. I'm not sure if I have psychic ability or any kind of unusual gift, but I've had quite a few strange experiences in my life that convinced me that something beyond the 5 senses is going on...

If I possess any kind of ability, I guess I'd say I'm VERY sensitive to people's energy. I pick up on it quickly and it can be rather uncomfortable at times. I have an easier time "reading" people and their motives than others, as this has been pointed out to me a few times. It's just something that I do automatically when interacting with people.

I suppose I was directed here because I'm feeling a ton of negative energy in my life right now. It seems a black cloud has hovered over my family for years without letting up...and I'm starting to wonder why.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2008 - 7:26PM #7
steelpoet
Should I change my default pic to something a little, um, lighter?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 10:51AM #8
tattwo
[QUOTE=steelpoet;696291]Should I change my default pic to something a little, um, lighter?[/QUOTE]

You may want to change it. I know pictures and colors nornally represent what mood you are in. When I moved into my new house after my mom passed, I painted all of my rooms with different bright and relaxing colors. My living room is a goldish color so it looks bright and lively all the time even if its raining outside.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 10:58AM #9
windwizard
Steelpoet
Hello and welcome to the board!
Im glad you found us, and I do hope I can help you get to the bottom of this energy drain you feel upon your life path.
Lets start with that last piece of advice you got as it is great.......
....find a picture that is bright and open to the wonders of the light!  This would be a great place to start your search for more inner light on your walk through your Lifes Path my dear.

Did you know that sometimes we can make what we feel actually seem real?   If you feel this heaviness upon your shoulders due to negative energy it takes no time at all for all your senses to feel this uneasiness as well.   For today lets imagine a bright sun high above your head, allow it to feel almost as if each ray from its light is touching some part of your body.....almost in the same way a pointer would.  {remember those long stick like devices teachers used to use to 'point' out things to us in class? } 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2008 - 1:51PM #10
vtigerlilies
hi e1, i am glad that i stumbled thru the door.  i am not sure of what exactly my forte is, but i am searching for understanding.  i have recently done some dream interpretations, i have freed souls visit me frequently at night or in early am.  they sometimes give me messages.  i have an easy time reading people.  i usually can feel other peoples vibes thru the phone, etc.  i have predicted a few occurrences, etc., and so forth.  my sister and i both do this.  mom is freaked out and thinks that we are witches.  dad, however, embraces these "family jewels" as he calls them.  i truly want to learn more and help by using these gifts.  blessings and light.  vallie
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook