Page 4 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Post Your Favorite Prayer (Of Any Faith)
4 years ago  ::  May 07, 2010 - 7:26AM #31
Lostpurpose

the lords prayer is my favorite prayer. however the other day i was out running around and saw this sign.the earth is our home please pick up your room

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 07, 2010 - 8:49AM #32
Hazem

My Lord! Arouse me that I may give thanks for the favour wherewith Thou has favoured me and my parents, and that I may do right acceptable unto Thee. And be gracious unto me in the matter of my seed. Lo! I have turned unto Thee repentant, and lo! I am of those who surrender unto Thee.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 07, 2010 - 12:53PM #33
Johnluvsgod

Without question, The Lord's Prayer. This is the original prayer that Jesus taught his disciples when they asked Him, "Lord teach us to pray" How powerful is this prayer. It is so significant that there is a hymn version of it, that my sister-in-law sang at a funeral of a family member that brought me ( and several other) to tears. If you have never read this prayer, I encourage to open to Matthew 6:5-13 and really study the words of this prayer. It may change your life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 08, 2010 - 7:29AM #34
Southernsunshine

MotherFatherGod, I turn to you for guidance today, I know that you are ever present with me, never leaving me or forsaking me, Thank you for the teacher,comforter, counselor, corrector, that you sent to show me the way to walk in the Light of Truth throughout this day. Please instruct the teacher, to show me how to live in your will today, for it is my will that your will be done in my life today. I thank you for all my loved ones and thank you for your love, care, protection , release from bondage and debt for each and everyone of us. I prase you for my knowing that you are , and will always be with each one of us. Show me what I need to see today to better serve you and help another today, to know that you are and will never leave them. Thank you for my purpose in this world at this time, For I am a Loving Light of Forgiveness, a Forgiving Light of Love. I AM, Amen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 08, 2010 - 3:32PM #35
kirkpasf

Here's a prayer that has been important to me so many times over the years, because it doesn't demand that God do things our way, but invokes His will for the best outcome. I've passed it on to others when they needed it, too:

54. For those we Love

Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy
never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come,
knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we
can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

From general Prayers & Thanksgivings in the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer (1979), p. 831

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 08, 2010 - 4:57PM #36
Liz

Here is a prayer I was taught in the 4th grade, in Catholic school.  Even though it was written for children, I still say it every night, and I'm 56!

Help me, dear God,to live the way You want me to live - day by day.

Oh show me how to please You best when I'm at work, or play, or rest.

And may I often think of You, and never say what isn't true, and never do what isn't right.

I think that's all dear God; Good Night.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2010 - 10:14AM #37
Hazem

"Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith."

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2010 - 11:47AM #38
RooRoo

In the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector, Jesus said that the tax collector bowed his headm beat his breast, and said" Lord have mercy upon me a sinner!"  Jesus said that he recieved forgiveness unlike the selfrighteous pharisee. May I be like that tax collector!

The Roo just hopped in to say " Have a very blessed day!"
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2010 - 6:55PM #39
IDBC

My favorite prayer is

"LORD PROTECT ME FROM THY FOLLOWERS"  

Have  A Thinking Day And May Reason Guide You Smile

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 13, 2010 - 9:01AM #40
ablebodiedman

I like the prayer the Apostle Paul wrote in his letter to the Ephesians:

Ephesians 3:14-20

14 On  account of this I bend my knees to the Father, 15 to  whom every family in heaven and on earth owes its name, 16 to  the end that he may grant YOU according  to the riches of his glory to be made mighty in the man YOU are inside with power through his spirit, 17 to  have the Christ dwell through [YOUR]  faith in YOUR hearts with love; that YOU may be rooted and established on the  foundation, 18 in  order that YOU may be thoroughly able to  grasp mentally with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and  height and depth, 19 and  to know the love of the Christ which surpasses knowledge, that YOU may be filled with all the fullness that  God gives.

20 Now  to the one who can, according to his power which is operating in us, do  more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive, 21 to  him be the glory by means of the congregation and by means of Christ  Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

In Christ

abe

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook