Page 3 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Post Your Favorite Prayer (Of Any Faith)
4 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2010 - 8:06AM #21
Ezra

)))"Thank You!"(((

@

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2010 - 10:10PM #22
Spokang

From the Anglican/Episcopal Book of Common Prayer:

O Lord, support us all the day long,
until the shadows lengthen,
and  the evening comes,
and the busy world is hushed,
and the fever of  life is over,
and our work is done.

Then in your mercy,
grant  us a safe lodging and a holy rest,
and peace at the last.
Amen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2010 - 1:31AM #23
Kerygma

Prayer of Philaret, Metropolitan of Moscow

My Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of Thee.
Thou and Thou alone knowest my needs.
Thou lovest me more than I am able to love Thee.
O Father, grant unto me, Thy servant, all which I cannot ask.
For a cross I dare not ask, nor for consolation;
I dare only to stand in Thy presence.
My heart is open to Thee.
Thou seest my needs of which I myself am unaware.
Behold and lift me up!
In Thy presence I stand,
awed and silenced by Thy will and Thy judgments,
into which my mind cannot penetrate.
To Thee I offer myself as a sacrifice.
No other desire is mine but to fulfill Thy will.
Teach me how to pray.
Do Thyself pray within me.
Amen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2010 - 3:31AM #24
in_my_opinion

"Create in me a pure heart, O my God, and renew a tranquil conscience within me, O my Hope! Through the spirit of power confirm Thou me in Thy Cause, O my Best-Beloved, and by the light of Thy glory reveal unto me Thy path, O Thou the Goal of my desire! Through the power of Thy transcendent might lift me up unto the heaven of Thy holiness, O Source of my being, and by the breezes of Thine eternity gladden me, O Thou Who art my God! Let Thine everlasting melodies breathe tranquillity on me, O my Companion, and let the riches of Thine ancient countenance deliver me from all except Thee, O my Master, and let the tidings of the revelation of Thine incorruptible Essence bring me joy, O Thou Who art the most manifest of the manifest and the most hidden of the hidden!"

- Bahá'u'lláh

(Compilations, Baha'i Prayers, p. 140)

This is one of many, many, favorites. When sifting among them to bring one to you, o my sisters and brothers; it was like entering a treasury of gems. Sat in hills of perfect gleaming lights with tears in eyes, palms full of cascading colors, infinite as sand grains.

How does one choose a love letter out of a perfumed parcel tied by a ribbon of the Beloved's Locks?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 4:53PM #25
Seapearl

O Greatness, hear

O Brightness, hark

Leave us not little

Nor yet dark

This is from the Children's book The Box of Delights by the poet, John Masefield.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2010 - 11:03AM #26
belleo

Lord Jesus Christ , I want to belong to you from now on .I want to be freed from the dominion of darkness and the rule of Satan , and I want to enter into your kingdom and be part of your people . I will turn away from all wrongdoing , and I will avoid everything that leads me to wrongdoing . I ask you to forgive all the sins I have committed . I offer my life to you , and I promise to obey you as my Lord . I ask you to baptize me in the Holy Spirit and give me the gifts necessary for my state in life . Amen

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2010 - 2:50AM #27
rincon4567@comcast.net

LaughingI loved that prayer so much I want to keep it and say it aloud everyday! Thanks for posting this wonderful and well put prayer today, Debrinconcita in Portland Oregon USA.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2010 - 8:47AM #28
belleo

rincon4567@comcast

Good Morning that is a prayer I learned when I did a Life in the Spirit Seminar thirty some years ago . To say with heart every day for a month changes us to be the children of God we are menat to be .   Marie

I am sending you a friends request .   

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 06, 2010 - 3:15PM #29
Kateo

I use the following as a meditation mantra:

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is passion; there is serenity.

There is no chaos; there is harmony.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Jedi Code

The above comes from the fictional Star Wars expanded universe writings, I believe from one of the role playing guides.  It is certainly used by those who identify with the Jedi or Jedi Realist traditions, new as they are.

Another version of the same follows:

Emotion, yet peace.

Ignorance, yet knowledge.

Passion, yet serenity.

Chaos, yet harmony.

Death, yet the Force.

Although I see these more as meditation guides and mantras, I think they could also be viewed as a kind of prayer of sorts.  These words certainly are helpful and a comfort to me in my spiritual practice.

Another prayer that I also like is the Prayer of St. Francis.

Best regards,

Kate

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 06, 2010 - 7:10PM #30
Ruhi19

PRAYER FOR AMERICA

O Thou kind Lord! This gathering is turning to Thee. These hearts are radiant with Thy love. These minds and spirits are exhilarated by the message of Thy glad-tidings. O God! Let this American democracy become glorious in spiritual degrees even as it has aspired to material degrees, and render this just government victorious. Confirm this revered nation to upraise the standard of the oneness of humanity, to promulgate the Most Great Peace, to become thereby most glorious and praiseworthy among all the nations of the world. O God! This American nation is worthy of Thy favors and is deserving of Thy mercy. Make it precious and near to Thee through Thy bounty and bestowal.

- 'Abdu'l-Bahá

(Baha'i Prayers, p. 24)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook