Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What does it mean when you hear two owls late at night?
6 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2008 - 10:56AM #1
jsalazar957
Last Night I Was Up Around 1:00am And I Heard An Owl, Normally I Would Hear This Owl When My Husband Is Deployed, But Right Now His Not We Are Having Some Problems And He Is Not Staying At The House, So I Started Talking To The Owl Saying That I Was Glad He Came To Check Up On Me And I Guess He Was Here To Let Me Know That My Husband Was Ok, Then Couple Of Seconds Went By And Then I Heard The 2nd Owl, Then Both Owls Were Chatting Away For A While Even After I Went To Bed About 2:00am They Were Still Chatting Away. Does Any One Know What That Means When You Hear Two Owls Late At Night?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2008 - 1:49PM #2
ManzanitaBear
Maybe the owls were old friends who hadn't seen each other in ages and had a lot to talk about.

Okay, that may be a little flip, but not really.  Animals live for themselves, not us.

I do see something otherworldly about owls... in at least two of the places I've lived, there have been nearby owls who I would hear calling at dusk.  To me, it was a reminder of the magical and mystical in the world.  But did the owls know that?  Probably not.  They were just being themselves, and I only happened to hear.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2008 - 9:40AM #3
BeerLover
Jsalazar,

You might want to try the Shamanism boards.  They get into this sort of thing.

BL
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2008 - 11:37PM #4
Spiritkwein
Okay, my first inclination was to respond by saying..... Yes, it means your not deaf!

Well, after going back and reading your entire post, I began to feel the spirit of the post.  The owls were modeling the behavior that you and your husband must employ to get through this time.  You must talk to each other.  Not like husband and wife, but like two old friends, happy to see each other.  You need to laught and talk late into the night, not thinking about anyone or anything else around you.  You should be glad to see him, that he came back to "check up" on you.  Even if it is not possible to stay legally bound to each other, it is important that you are able to remain friends, and that will only happen through communication.  I hope you both can get "Wise" to the situation. 

Peace and Blessings Spiritkwein
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2008 - 12:49PM #5
inthemidstwest
Hi, J-

Owls are predatory birds. I can remember from childhood hearing owls towards dusk in our backyard (living in a rural area, but not in the country.) Normally though, only one at at time.  We would scan the trees with binoculars trying to catch a glimpse. One evening, there were strikingly two, aImost rhythmically calling out. I remember our kindly neighbor, a retired librarian, verse about owls in midsummer calling out to mates.

I'm not sure her observation was based on biological science, but the combined call of both was striking in comparison, not an echo, but a distinct pattern of calls...........almost verbatim between the two.

I am constantly in awe of how nature resembles or reflects patterns of human emotion.

Sending warm wishes and hoping communication improves between you and your spouse.

~itm
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2008 - 6:37PM #6
francisvevea
Well,  since this is a spirituality board, and I am a Falconer, I feel like I have to respond to this even though I just picked up on it several months later. 

Yes, I beleive that we are one with earth and that includes Owls!  You posted this message in the spring, this is prime mating season for Raptor birds of any kind.  So I think that's what you heard.  However, that's the logical answer.  The spiritual answer is also yes, you certainly are getting a message of assurance.  Because you interpreted as a message it probably was.  It is always good to be aware of your natural surroundings when you are going through hard times, sometimes the answers are clear.  I hope things have worked out for you and your husband.

Peace to you.
FV
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2008 - 8:06PM #7
Desimans
I am inclined to agree with Spiritkwein.  Messages from spirit come to us in unique ways that work for us.  Because you were already attuned to the owl, and seeking guidance on some level, that guidance came to you via the owls.  At the very least, the message seemed to be that loneliness is not a permanent condition, seek out others with whom you have common interests and broaden your circle.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2008 - 4:22PM #8
Imyself
I agree with everyone here, especially Desimans.
You should not seek comfort in being alone.  Even if it seems hard, reach out to others.  Don't think you are bothering someone by talking to them about what you are feeling.  Most people love to help when you have a problem.  Seek out older people.  You'd be surprised how much they have to offer.  I think that is what the owls were trying to tell you in addition to all the other things mentioned. . I don't know how old you are but you sound young.   The expressions "like a wise old owl" is referencing those of experience.  And who has more experience than us?  An older person.  You sound like you're early twenties.  Don't be afraid to be friends with a 30 yr old or a 40 yr old.  Maybe even a 50 yr old.  You'll find you have more in common than you think.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 7:44PM #9
Karen Sikora
I saw two owls the other night, maybe five nights ago, also.  I heard them before I saw them.  I disagree that animals live only for themselves, just like there are lots of humans who go out of their way to help animals.  I don't know what the two owls meant for me, but I did notice, and I guess when it's time, I'll know.  In the meantime, I was comforted--just a little message that, if nothing else, even by NOTICING and taking a little time to appreciate their presence and their communication, I am paying attention to what's REALLY important.  That's all I need to know for now.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2009 - 8:54PM #10
Karen Sikora
You might find this interesting--I did.  You can read the entire article at
http://www.wirenot.net/X/Stories/Ghost/ … nter.shtml

OWL ENERGIES AND ATTRIBUTES GIVEN TO OWL *
The night eagle is a messenger from the darkness and a guide through all mysteries that it contains, including death. Some Native peoples do not like to see Owl and will not work with it, felling that Owl is a bad omen. The Zuni associated Owl with witch craft and the holding of unnatural powers over others.

Many other tribes and bands have taken a more positive attitude towards Owl, seeing them as teachers in the medicine of night. If Owl has oriented to you, you can be certain that an aspect of your life is going to change, in a big way. Some people believe that Owl only comes to those things that are about to die. Do not fear, though for this does not mean physical death as much as it means the letting go of some part of you that is not serving you. Owls, with their spectral senses, are guides through the dark tunnel of fear and change to the certain light shinning at the other end. Thank Owl for its willingness to guide you through its shadowy realm.

The Owl is a symbol of the feminine, the moon, and the night. It has been called a cat with wings. Owl has been believed to have great healing powers, both in North America and on other continents. Because of its association with the moon, it has ties to fertility and seduction, for the moon is the arouser of men and Owls. The Owl is the bird of magic and darkness, of prophecy and wisdom.

To ancient Greeks, Owl was associated with the goddess of Athena, and it was a symbol of higher wisdom. To the Pawnee, it is a symbol of protection. To the Pueblo, it is the spirit of fertility.

Owl medicine is symbolically associated with clairvoyance, astral projection and magic, both black and white. Many superstitions and beliefs have come to be associated with it. Owls have long been thought to be the reincarnation of the dead.

One of the most predominant energies associated with Owl is that of the Owl being able to extract secrets. It was believed, in ancient Tome, that to place a feather or part of an Owl on a sleeping person would enable you to discover his/her secrets.

The Owl is a bird of the night, and the night has long been a symbol of the darkness within-the place in which humans hide their secrets.

The yellow coloring of the eyes is very symbolic. It makes the eyes much more expressive, but it hints of the light of the sun, alive in the dark of the night. The sun lives through the Owl at night. MEDITATION ON THIS ALONE WILL REVEAL MUCH ABOUT THE MAGIC OF THE OWL WITHIN YOUR LIFE.

One who works with Owl will see and hear what others try to hide. You will hear what is not being said, and you will see what is hidden or in the shadows. You can detect and pinpoint the subtleties. Owl people have the unique ability to see into others' soul and life.

The Owl, as a bird of the night, can teach all of the secrets of the night. These secrets involve everything that transpires when the Sun is gone. Owls are the eyes of the night, and they see what is not in the open. They have secret knOwledge that they can share. Their medicine can extract secrets.

The symbolism of the neck and its flexibility should be meditated upon for those with Owl medicine. If your neck is stiff and inflexible, you are hindering your perceptions to a great degree.

The Owl, like other birds of prey, has a third eyelid. This nictating eyelid moves from side to side. It cleanses the eye, clearing its vision. Again this symbolizes so much about new vision opening to you. It often reflects perception with a vision of others you may or may not have recognized or acknOwledged. Often those with Owl as a power totem have the ability to see into the eyes and souls of others. Often these perceptions are discard as wild imaginings or with such phrases as "Why in the world would I think that about this person?" These kind of imaginings, positive and negative should be trusted.

Much study has been done on Owls in regards to their prey. This is possible predominantly do to "Owl pellets." An Owl will usually swallow its prey whole and head first. The parts of the prey that are indigestible (bones, fur, teeth, claws, and such) are then regurgitated in the form of pellets. This is a very symbolic act in which much significance can be found. In the swallowing of its prey head first, the Owl takes into itself the wisdom and energy of the prey. The regurgitation reflects its ability to eliminate those aspects that are unbeneficial and unhealthy for it.

Owl is representative of the second spirit path position, East, wisdom is the Owl. The Owl symbolizes many things to different peoples. To some Owl represents all that is wise and good: to others, all that is dark and bad. Owls have been thought to be wise messengers, sometimes the bringer of news of death, Frequently the transmitter of old wisdom and knOwledge. Owl medicine is thought to be so strong that it should not be mixed with other energies, or worked with lightly or irresponsibly. Some people of Native paths wrap any form of Owl medicine in red. It is said that red cloth will contain the power and keep it separate from other energies. Others will not touch an Owl feather.

If your are looking for answers, ask Owl who is all wise. But don't ask unless you are willing to get an answer that may lead you on journeys to unknown territories whether on the spiritual, mental emotional, or physical plane.

Working with Owl teaches about mystery, paradox, life, death, wisdom, the shadow, listening, the feminine, the unknown.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook