Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Feeling So Disconnected
9 years ago  ::  May 22, 2008 - 7:36PM #1
natsim7
Hi,

I am new to this board, although I post often on other boards. I feel so disconnected from God and my higher self. I don't even feel motivated to begin healing the relationship, that I know that I broken with God. It's like I am blocked, stagnated. I am particularly favored towards tarot and spiritual matters but I can't seem to "practice" it. Feel alot is going on, some I can pinpoint, others I can not. ***Sigh*** what is there to do? I am feeling attacked on all sides, all areas (finance, spirituality, health, family) and I am loosing control. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Natasha
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 23, 2008 - 6:50AM #2
ElCid22
[QUOTE=natsim7;517707]Hi,

I am new to this board, although I post often on other boards. I feel so disconnected from God and my higher self. I don't even feel motivated to begin healing the relationship, that I know that I broken with God. It's like I am blocked, stagnated. I am particularly favored towards tarot and spiritual matters but I can't seem to "practice" it. Feel alot is going on, some I can pinpoint, others I can not. ***Sigh*** what is there to do? I am feeling attacked on all sides, all areas (finance, spirituality, health, family) and I am loosing control. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Natasha[/QUOTE]

You're relying too much on yourself and others. Turn to your higher power. Discipline yourself to become an ardent follower and living example of your supreme being. Rise above human folly, live in the universal, and seek only to be recognized by your ideals. Become a Soldier of Truth, quietly, with humility and inner strength. The rest will take care of itself. Every second of every day, as best I can, I force myself to conform to the standard of a true disciple of Christ. It's hard, but the only way I can live in this insane world. If I can just maintain that standard on a daily basis, I feel successful in life, in general. My program encompasses regular physical fitness, abstinence in vice of all kinds, social detachment within normal range, daily study, prayer and self-denial, again, in many appropriate forms. I try hard to ensure that everything I think, say and do conforms to the standards of ardent Christian discipleship. I will not allow the corruption of the world, or my fallen nature as a human being, to prevent me from achieving my God-given mission: to help bring about the Kingdom of Jesus Christ on Earth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 23, 2008 - 11:18AM #3
NotAnAtheistMama
I know how you are feeling.  I've felt absent from God lately too.  I've just started to work on myself.  I've started by reading religious books that have caught my attention.  Some I've just ran across, some are books I already had and haven't read in a while, and some I've ordered based on recommendations from people here.  Just reading about religion can help you find it again.  Gets your mind conditioned to think on it and from there you can figure out what you think for yourself. 

<>

Have you ever studied feng shui?  That's something else I'm working on right now.  I've been a believer and moderate follower of feng shui in the past, but I fell off the bandwagon and actually forgot about it for a while.  Then one day when I was moping that my husband and I have been having this long streak of bad luck and it felt like we were bleeding money, it dawned on me that our house was a wreck.  Very bad feng shui!  So I've been working on getting it cleaned up, and, funny enough, our luck has seemed to have gone from bad to neutral and we've quit spending money on stuff that kept breaking or needed to be replaced with something even more expensive, and we've been able to get back on our goal of paying off our new truck. 

Not only can feng shui make a difference (I think), but clearing your clutter can make a difference.  A lot of people who don't believe in feng shui at all find that clearing out their clutter and just cleaning up house suddenly makes them feel better.  If you don't want to apply the concept of chi, then consider that just being organized makes people feel less stressed out.  It can be that simple.

I always HIGHLY recommend the book "Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui" by Karen Kingston as a place to start.  It is a lot more about clutter than feng shui.  In fact, if you want to apply mirrors and rearrange your furniture to be harmonious, you will need some other book.  This is where you start, though.  Before you apply mirrors or flowers or anything like that, you clean house. 

I haven't found anyone yet who has read this book and hasn't been motivated to clean house.  I'm on another forum for women who are looking to get out of debt and stay out of debt, and I have got some of them on board with clutter clearing and several women have remarked that they have suddenly recieved monetary gifts out of the blue, or have found money or gift cards hiding in junk at home that they had already assumed were lost.  Some say that cleaning up other parts of the house and enjoying them being open and pleasant spaces again, had encouraged them to tackle their bills and establish a filing system. 

Karen Kingston says she has often prescribed clearing clutter out of a drawer as homework for people dealing with depression.  Why not give it a try?  You may not can control a lot in your life, but there's no reason why you can't control the contents of your closet.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 23, 2008 - 12:47PM #4
natsim7
Hi ElCid22

Thanks so much! Alot of what you said resonates. Discipline is a big vice of mine. I know physically and mentally I am drained and running on 0. Thanks for you all your pointers. I really need to get back to God!!!!

I have to make my mind and do this!!! I really do!

Blessings,

Natasha
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 23, 2008 - 12:57PM #5
natsim7
Hi Notanatheist:

Thanks for your advice. I did at one time begin Feng Shui and got sidetracked. Yes, the clutter in my house is something to see. I look around and it's empty. Yes, no furniture (although I can) and ripped shades, a indication of my mental being. I know that's "chi".

Yeah, I have alot of Dwayne Dyer and Joel Osteen books, as well as, I just bought Barack Obama's "Audacity of Hope" and yet read it. So I know, as I said before, I must get more disciplined. More disciplined!!!

Thanks for your help and advice!!!

Blessings,

Natasha
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 23, 2008 - 2:43PM #6
NotAnAtheistMama
You might benefit from a little FlyLady.  She's over at www.flylady.net.  She has a book, but everything in her book is on her website for free (I have the book, though, because it's handy to have around any time; no needing to run get on the dial-up computer to look her up). 

FlyLady is foremost about organizing your house, but her system extends out into organizing your life overall.  She walks you through the steps of getting organized, of getting your house clean, of getting yourself in order in general one step at a time.  You might like the structure that her program offers. 

Also, she has a free Yahoo Groups that will send you reminder e-mails about getting things done every day, week, etc.  She has a monthly breast self-exam reminder.  I think Wednesday is take books back to the library day.  Sunday is spiritual renewal day.  She has a Christian bent, but isn't a prosthelytizer.  She also believes in feng shui and some of her cleaning principals are related to it.  For instance, I just found out that her 27-fling boogie is feng shui.  She recommends regular clutter-clearing, and calls it the 27-fling boogie.  You're supposed to pick a room (or closet or cabinet if it's really bad!) and find 27 things to toss or send to charity as fast as you can.  She chose 27 because she had read in an inspirational book to change 25 things to change the direction your life is going, but 9 is a magic number in feng shui (and its multiples, of course), so that's how she came up with 27.  So it's like putting feng shui number magic on top of the magic of just cleaing out your clutter.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 26, 2008 - 10:36AM #7
red_verge
Everyone's given some good advice. I did sign up for FlyLady, and I love the concept and think she has great ideas, but just as a caveat, the barrage of e-mail reminders can be a little bit maddening if you're just starting out. I found that if I just did the preliminary steps first and ignored all the e-mail alerts for the first week or so while I was getting my stuff together, I felt like I had a better handle on it all. (Granted, I fell off the FlyLady wagon big-time and I have like 5,000 unopened e-mails from her, but I will be getting back on very soon. I liked having a clean sink. :))

I am a big proponent of feng shui as well. You'd really be amazed once your space is in balance not only all the things that begin changing, but just how much better you feel. All your rooms start to "breathe," and just being in them invigorates you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 26, 2008 - 7:18PM #8
ElCid22
I like to sprinkle a little feng shui on my Cheerios. Good stuff.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 26, 2008 - 7:28PM #9
Dioloquese
[QUOTE=ElCid22;525632]I like to sprinkle a little feng shui on my Cheerios. Good stuff.[/QUOTE]

Seems to me there was a song back in the eighties about having that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 26, 2008 - 9:33PM #10
ElCid22
Feng shui, Cheerios, and Captain Kangaroo.

What happens when Feng Shui meets Kung Fu, or even Godzilla?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook