Switch to Forum Live View How Do You Re-Energize Your Prayer Life?
6 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2008 - 4:20PM #1
BeliefnetComforter
If we tell the truth, there are times when prayer just gets down right monotonous. In those times, what do you do to breathe life back into your spiritual practice?

Check out the Ten Ways to Energize Your Prayer Life: http://www.beliefnet.com/gallery/tencre … rlife.html for some ideas and see if you can't expound on them!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2008 - 5:51PM #2
chapelkeeper
What a great subject. I bet that 95 % of GOD-fearing people have trouble shutting out distractions when they try to "talk" to GOD. How can any of us hope to build a more intimate relationship with THE FATHER, SON, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT, if we are easily distracted during prayer, or find prayer monotonous. I created a spiritual guided imagery cd for my personal use that enables me to shut out or ignore distractions that might interfere with just about the most important time that anyone can spend during their day---connecting in a close, personal, and intimate manner with GOD, through our  LORD AND SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST, with the assistance of THE HOLY SPIRIT.  After all, prayer should be a component of our lives that we look forward to, not something boring or monotonous. I recommend that everyone try to create a spiritual guided imagery cd to assist them in developing a more intimate relationship with the TRINITY. Prayer is one of the greatest gifts that we have been blessed  with, and with a little effort, it can also be one of the most satisfying aspects of our personal lives.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2008 - 8:21PM #3
Sara333
What a great subject (I agree!) and I just happen to have been working on it pretty diligently since 1973! To access some of what I've discovered, visit my website & blog at petitioninggod.com. Also feel free to write me at sara@petitioninggod.com with any questions or comments!

Blessings on everyone who reads this post!

Sara
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2008 - 2:59PM #4
Pam34
I find the suggestions (some of which I have used) that are most helpful are:
make prayer a priority  - set a time
study ABOUT prayer
meditate (you didn't use that term, but two of the ten suggestions were basically 'to meditate')
and of course,
join the community and pray together.
Blessed are You, HaShem, Who blesses the years.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook