Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Because I Said So???????
6 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2008 - 12:58AM #41
Ask.seek.knock

ManzanitaBear wrote:

Update on the Sunday newspaper: a week later, I found one in the laundry room at my apartment complex--after I'd just gone and bought one for that day.

So am I being joked with here? Do my "because I said so" skills just plain not work? It kind of reminds me of Merlin asking for his hat and being given a ski hat, a baseball cap, etc.

My guess would be that the paper turned up a week later because you had stopped "investing" in the outcome and had actually released it to the Universe and "allowed" it to happen. I don't get the sense that your attempt to get a free newspaper was really a "just for fun" thing. You seemed to have had a lot riding on the outcome ... you even stated that it was a "see if I can do this sort of test". Unfortunately, the "if" implied the disbelief, the negative vibration, that would ultimately create the "lack" of a free newspaper.

It might also help to look at what you were telling yourself about how the free newspaper would come to you. Although there were probably many ways you could have gotten a free newspaper, did the scenarios in your mind involve someone else having to experience loss in order for you to gain? For example, the paper being delivered to you instead of your neighbor, who does pay for a subscription, might have created a sense of guilt, which would have been another negative vibration.

Lastly, even though it was, to you, "a day late and a dollar short", did you still express your gratitude to the Universe for the free newspaper? After all, it did provide.

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2008 - 9:49AM #42
windwizard
Absolutely dont forget that point! 
Good thinking for bringing that up Ask/Seek......all to often I forget to remind those who ask Universe for something to be sure to say 'Thank You' once they have recieved it, or something that is very close to what was requested!
It is something I am 'programmed to do' LOL, so one would think I might remember to put the idea out there from time to time.

Wishing eveyone a day filled with reasons to smile!
Your Host
~~WIND~~
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2008 - 5:52PM #43
ManzanitaBear
[QUOTE=ask.seek.knock;632504]My guess would be that the paper turned up a week later because you had stopped "investing" in the outcome and had actually released it to the Universe and "allowed" it to happen. I don't get the sense that your attempt to get a free newspaper was really a "just for fun" thing. You seemed to have had a lot riding on the outcome ... you even stated that it was a "see if I can do this sort of test". Unfortunately, the "if" implied the disbelief, the negative vibration, that would ultimately create the "lack" of a free newspaper. [/quote]
That makes sense.
[QUOTE=ask.seek.knock;632504]It might also help to look at what you were telling yourself about how the free newspaper would come to you. Although there were probably many ways you could have gotten a free newspaper, did the scenarios in your mind involve someone else having to experience loss in order for you to gain? For example, the paper being delivered to you instead of your neighbor, who does pay for a subscription, might have created a sense of guilt, which would have been another negative vibration.[/quote]
No, I didn't have any particular scenario in mind.  A few vague ones flitted through my head... such as someone offering me one because they were done with it, or me picking one up that had been abandoned.  But it wouldn't have required anyone's loss.  I would have been getting one that either no one else wanted or someone had already finished with.

[QUOTE=ask.seek.knock;632504]Lastly, even though it was, to you, "a day late and a dollar short", did you still express your gratitude to the Universe for the free newspaper? After all, it did provide. [/QUOTE]
If laughing at myself is an expression of gratitude, then yes.  But to be honest, it was also an expression of disbelief, like the Biblical Sarah.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2008 - 12:26PM #44
Ask.seek.knock

ManzanitaBear wrote:

No, I didn't have any particular scenario in mind. A few vague ones flitted through my head... such as someone offering me one because they were done with it, or me picking one up that had been abandoned. But it wouldn't have required anyone's loss. I would have been getting one that either no one else wanted or someone had already finished with.

All in all, then, I'd have to say that you did a rather good job of manifesting the newspaper. You found an abandoned/discarded one (as you had imagined), and it only took one week after you had set your intention. In my book, "them's pretty good odds!":D

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2008 - 1:03PM #45
Ask.seek.knock
Oh, yeah, about the Biblical Sarah reference ... just look at all the drama that has ensued as a result of her inability to detach herself from the outcome and just allow God to provide.

ASK

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2008 - 11:52AM #46
windwizard
Manzanitabear
Very wise words you have received from Ask/Seek!
Until I read it myself it hadnt occured to me that you were granted your request within one week!  WOW that is pretty darn good.
I cant recall the last time [short of asking for a parking spot by the door! lol] that I had ever gotten a request in such a short time frame. 

One should always enjoy what Universe does provide and at best accept what they do not....Why?......
Well as a general rule of thumb [in my measuring system] if a request is never granted and you have tried as hard as one possibly could it is then without much doubt one should accept they didnt need the request in order to fulfill this part of lifes path.  That perhaps in asking they were searching for the 'easy' way out of a situation at hand.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2008 - 4:42PM #47
ManzanitaBear
[QUOTE=ask.seek.knock;635534]Oh, yeah, about the Biblical Sarah reference ... just look at all the drama that has ensued as a result of her inability to detach herself from the outcome and just allow God to provide.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point.

Of course, that whole story is about one big dysfunctional family... and it could be read as a stand against polygamy, too.

And I suppose what I really have lacking in my life (not newspapers; that was something nice but not essential) is every bit as important as having a child was to women in her culture.  So that's a good lesson to take.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2008 - 4:43PM #48
ManzanitaBear
[QUOTE=windwizard;637068]Manzanitabear
Very wise words you have received from Ask/Seek!
Until I read it myself it hadnt occured to me that you were granted your request within one week!  WOW that is pretty darn good.
I cant recall the last time [short of asking for a parking spot by the door! lol] that I had ever gotten a request in such a short time frame.  [/QUOTE]

And I'm very glad to hear all that.  Maybe I'm not inept at this after all!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2009 - 5:27PM #49
ManzanitaBear
I'm bringing this thread back up for more thoughts:

Since I've had my chakras come wide open (subject of another thread), I've noticed two things happen with regularity: I keep finding pennies on the ground, heads up, everywhere I go.  Ordinarily, I might find one once every few weeks, and tails up half the time.  Lucky pennies all over the place?!  And I seem to have been unusually lucky finding parking places when I needed them, without particularly thinking about it or asking.

I take it as a reminder that there's magic everywhere--it's only simple things that are happening, though.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2009 - 5:27PM #50
ManzanitaBear
I'm bringing this thread back up for more thoughts:

Since I've had my chakras come wide open (subject of another thread), I've noticed two things happen with regularity: I keep finding pennies on the ground, heads up, everywhere I go.  Ordinarily, I might find one once every few weeks, and tails up half the time.  Lucky pennies all over the place?!  And I seem to have been unusually lucky finding parking places when I needed them, without particularly thinking about it or asking.

I take it as a reminder that there's magic everywhere--it's only simple things that are happening, though.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook