Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Because I Said So???????
6 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2008 - 11:34PM #11
Sara333
This really will be a "quick" reply because I am out of time---but I have spent three decades trying to improve my ability to get prayers answered by faith. Anyone who's interested in what I've learned can visit my website at petitioninggod.com---or write me at sara@petitioninggod.com

Blessings on all!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 10:00AM #12
spiritalk
You asked for a job.  You have an interview.
You sought out an agency.  They called.
Knock and the door will open.  Ace that interview!

Taking the right attitude at the right time (now is the time for some solid upbeat spirituality to keep your head in the right place for the interview).  Go into the interview like you have the job.  And be assured that it will keep the head above water til circumstances change.

At each juncture we have the choices - small though they may be - to choose spirituality.  When the going gets tough - that is when we need our faith the most.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2008 - 9:50PM #13
risingstar11111
Wind~~
I really didnt think I was gonna have anything to contribute to this thread and that it was just gonna be a fun read. But then I remembered something funny when I used to work with an old friend.

At break time we couldnt all go at the same time so my friend and I used to flip a coin to make it fair on average as time went by.

Trouble was, it was never fair as I ALWAYS won! As long as someone else did the flipping of the coin, and ONLY when the coin was in mid air could I correctly call it! Strange huh?:)

Well as time went by, my friend got more and more amazed at my wins and asked me how I did it and I told her what I just explained. So she tested me over and over and I almost never got it wrong if I just listened after I asked.

Lets just suffice it to say that I won an astounding amount of times and fast became known as the lucky won at coin tosses and nobody ever wanted to decide break times that way with me for long......

I didnt have near the "luck" at drawing straws!! LOL:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2008 - 4:12PM #14
windwizard
So far so good! [as the saying goes]
The key to grasp here in this exercise is that we indeed have much more control in some areas of our lifes walk then we think we do.  How can ones guide or angel know what it is we truly need if we do not ask for it?  Often we are left to assume that we will eventually get all that we are intitled too or wish for in life........ahh but that is not always so!
Karma, good will turns ect will surely keep the tabulation straight, right?   Wrong!   Afterall if everyday you do the same thing, then everytime you will get the same result..period.  There is nothing hard to understand about this concept, merely the will to open your door of expectations a little wider and allow perhaps some of what you 'want' rather than simply all of what you 'get' to come through.  You might be pleasantly surprised at the outcome. 
Let us take the example of feeding your children.  [ a normal type duty]  Now let us say that everyday your child is happy and content with raw vegs and milk.....they never ask for anything different, nor express any desire to change the menu.  How are you ever going to know that they are tired of all the same foods if you are not told?   Our guides work in much the same fashion.  If we are given second place even when we earn first, and given the meaningless but easy tasks because we never reach for the tough stuff how are we to express our desire for change?  There is no such thing as simply waiting until it is your turn,  with this mindset it will never be your turn!   
Thus the simple side of "Because I said so!"

Love and Light ^0^
Your Host
~~WIND~~
Intuitive Counseling
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 12:00AM #15
Ask.seek.knock

spiritalk wrote:

You asked for a job. You have an interview.
You sought out an agency. They called.
Knock and the door will open. Ace that interview!

Taking the right attitude at the right time (now is the time for some solid upbeat spirituality to keep your head in the right place for the interview). Go into the interview like you have the job. And be assured that it will keep the head above water til circumstances change.

At each juncture we have the choices - small though they may be - to choose spirituality. When the going gets tough - that is when we need our faith the most.

I refrained from replying to this earlier because I didn't want to stir up any dormant negativity in my "vibrational bubble". Truth is, I have been asking since February for a way to pay the mortgage (not specifically for a job). We've been seeking to sell hubby's truck/plow, but that hasn't come to fruition. We went knocking at the door when hubby's contact presented the opportunity for the loan only to find out we were days late, and he was dollar$$$$ short. Not a pretty picture so far ....

Meanwhile, on the weekend preceding the interview, I did every form of energy clearing and vibrational resetting with which I have even a passing familiarity ... EFT, TAT, [COLOR=sienna]Ho'oponopono, and even traditional prayer (but no "bargaining" as I gave that up long ago). On the drive to the interview, I was still "tapping in" the EFT with one hand while steering with the other. (Luckily, it was light traffic!) Before I got out of my car to go into the building, I "put on" my "robe of light" for our mutual benefit.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=sienna]Turns out that the woman who interviewed me graduated a year ahead of me in my high school, and we started out talking casually and sharing stories of teachers we had in common. However, we never knew each other then because my own senior class started out at 565 people, and I didn't even know all of them. (Her younger brother was in my graduating class, and I had been in some classes with him.) Even though I had the "alumni advantage", I still used every interview "trick" I had ever been taught ... from making notes on pages I had printed off their website to asking for a tour of the office. Overall, the interview seemed to go well, but she had three more interviews on Tuesday. Waiting was brutal, but I kept on tapping in my EFT. On Wednesday morning, I got the call from the agency that I was being offered the position. The agency rep told me that the interviewer had been very impressed with my conduct at the interview ... specifically, taking notes and asking for a tour. So, bottom line ... I start on Monday. (Now, 8A-5P is going to be a tiring day after such a long "hiatus" from working, but I'm doing everything I can to keep myself in an "attitude of gratitude" ... more EFT tapping!)[/COLOR]

As for the part about "keeping the head above water", this is where it really gets good. Yesterday, out of the "clear blue", a friend asked hubby to meet up with him at our church and then proceeded to give hubby a personal check for the amount we need to catch up our mortgage. Mind you, some people knew we were having financial issues, but hubby/I had never said what the amount needed was. Yes, it is a loan and has to be paid back, but unlike the other loan we would have gotten from hubby's contact, this one is interest free.

I don't know whether it's hubby's traditional faith in "God is good ... all the time" or my "experimenting" (for lack of a better word) with LOA and all those energy techniques that made the difference. Who knows, maybe there was a synergistic effect. Right now, though, I really don't want to analyze it; I just want to accept/appreciate it. (Unusual for me, as I tend to be extremely analytical and have a need to know/understand.)

Thank you, Spiritalk and Cleolotus, for your words of encouragement. Thanks, also, to any others of you whom sent forth positive energy/intention to raise my vibration.

=============================

P.S. We are still seeking to sell the truck/plow as that would help pay the loan back faster as well as reduce our monthly auto insurance rate. So, I'll keep doing my LOA and energy work on achieving that outcome.

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 12:39AM #16
Devona
I start on Monday. (Now, 8A-5P is going to be a tiring day after such a long "hiatus" from working, but I'm doing everything I can to keep myself in an "attitude of gratitude" ... more EFT tapping!)

Congrats on the new job ASK!  I'm convinced that the energy work helped. 

It was funny to see you mention EFT.  I just learned that -took a course- about two weeks ago and have been 'tapping' ever since!   I tap in the car too!  Best of luck on Monday. 

Blessings,
Devona
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 2:02AM #17
Ask.seek.knock

Devona wrote:

It was funny to see you mention EFT. I just learned that -took a course- about two weeks ago and have been 'tapping' ever since! I tap in the car too! Best of luck on Monday.

Hey Devona,

I've been getting the EFT newsletters since August 2006, but I've been slow about getting into actually doing the tapping. I guess I thought it was somehow going to happen by osmosis! My dream is to one day either buy the DVD sets or go to a course. Meanwhile, I'm self taught, and now that there is an [COLOR=blue]EFT Community Forum, it's my other cyberhome besides Bnet since the posts offer a wealth of suggestions for set-up statements and reminder phrases. Thank goodness, too, for the various free videos on YouTube ... I especially like Rebecca Marina and Magnus Tapping, but last weekend, I found Healing Magic's channel and watched quite a few of Robert's videos (he has 90 posted). For whatever reason, he just clicked for me ... I don't know whether it was his "Faster EFT" method or the way he incorporated NLP into the process, but I'll accept it as one of those "when the student is ready" moments. [/COLOR]

Anyway, I'm interested in knowing how you're faring with the EFT, but I don't want to hijack this thread. So, if you ever want to discuss EFT further, please feel free to send me a private message or email.

ASK

"The best thing you can do for the world is make the most of yourself." -- Wallace D. Wattles

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 10:56AM #18
Gandalf_Parker

ask.seek.knock wrote:

Whenever we've gone shopping together, we always seem to get better parking spaces than I get when I go alone. One day, I started teasing her and referred to it as her "parking space angels". Now, any time we go somewhere together, as soon as we turn into a parking lot, I tell her, "OK, Mom, tell your parking space angels to do their thing!" So far, they've always managed to provide when I'm with her, but I don't get the same results when she's not with me.

In my family thats me. I always seem to find a spot very near the door.

Also other things. Ive never had a parking ticket or an accident (and Im 53 years old). My wife has had multiples of both and yet she will not let me drive when we go someplace together. Because if we have a close call she will stop and shake and talk about it for an hour. While I will just smile and say thank you and keep on driving. My "careless" attitude frightens her.

We've joked about it and tried to make my luck work on the lottery but so far it hasnt happened.  :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 12:09PM #19
Whisperingal
Devona and/or ASK--I think EFT is something I saw used once several years ago though the name wasn't mentioned and I had no chance then to ask about it.

Would either of you like to give a short description of what it is?

The results I saw at the time were impressive.

Thanks in advance for info.

Sending good thoughts for all.
WGal

ASK--congratulations on your new job!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2008 - 10:56AM #20
Gandalf_Parker

ask.seek.knock wrote:

Whenever we've gone shopping together, we always seem to get better parking spaces than I get when I go alone. One day, I started teasing her and referred to it as her "parking space angels". Now, any time we go somewhere together, as soon as we turn into a parking lot, I tell her, "OK, Mom, tell your parking space angels to do their thing!" So far, they've always managed to provide when I'm with her, but I don't get the same results when she's not with me.

In my family thats me. I always seem to find a spot very near the door.

Also other things. Ive never had a parking ticket or an accident (and Im 53 years old). My wife has had multiples of both and yet she will not let me drive when we go someplace together. Because if we have a close call she will stop and shake and talk about it for an hour. While I will just smile and say thank you and keep on driving. My "careless" attitude frightens her.

We've joked about it and tried to make my luck work on the lottery but so far it hasnt happened.  :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook