Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Dreaming of my dead Mum
6 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2008 - 6:12PM #1
Nic
My Mum passed away last June, it has been very hard to get over this as we were so close.  But over the last few months I have had dreams about her everynight.  Some of the dreams are very real and some do not make much sence at all, but she is in most of them.  These dreams are usually in the early hours of the morning, can someone tell me what this is all about?

Thanks Nic
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2008 - 11:34PM #2
dreamhealth
Some of the dreams are for your comfort and healing, as all dreams are. The ones that don't make sense are the ones that reflect your mulling over her passing from this world to the next and how this is affecting you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 1:09AM #3
Devona
Hi Nic,

Personally, I believe that our loved ones DO visit us in dreams.  Does she speak to you in these dreams?  What happens in the ones you say don't make sense?

I would try meditating on the dreams.  Especially the ones that don't make sense........do it before you go to bed and perhaps you'll receive clarity in another dream.

Brightest Blessings,
Devona
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 10:51AM #4
JAS
like Devona said, our love one do some timew come to us in our dreams, this is mainly for confort, but some time they have messages for u and your family,

my grandad visits me in my dreams and tell me messages to give to thous that r on this side, like ur self i was very close to my grandad and in a way still am, he has been in the spirit would for about 9 years now and i still chat to him every now and then,
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 5:25PM #5
Nic
Hi Devona and Jas
I hear what you are sayng, my Mum is saying something but I cannot remember what she has said the next day.  The dreams I have that don't make much sence, I have no idea what they are all about but I know that it is always somewhere familiar, like at my Grandparents house from when I was a child.  I don't know if you can tell me but how do you meditate, I have a really busy life and would not know where to start, as for meditating in dreams, well that is beyond me.  I will tell you what I can do......... I can make up my own dreams, they are in colour and I can play the whole dream through, but I'm in control of the whole thing.  How is that for weird?  I have asked my friends if they can do the same and they just at me like I am going mad.  Oh dear I think I maybe.

Yours MAD NIC XX
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 11:22PM #6
Devona
Hi Nic,
I can make up my own dreams, they are in colour and I can play the whole dream through, but I'm in control of the whole thing. How is that for weird?

Not to sound dumb but are you asleep when you're making up these dreams?  If you are, then you're LUCID dreaming!  That's a gift......some people try and try and are never able to do that!

As for how to meditate - well, there's a lot of ways.  Basically it's going to that 'still place' within you.  How you get there is up to you.  Some people 'watch' their breath, others drum or listen to music or walk in the woods - there are as many, many ways. 

You're simply trying to calm your throughts - we tend to be thinking constantly with lots of mind chatter - and with meditation we're trying to get rid of that chatter so we can 'listen' for a change!  That's not to say we shouldn't let our minds wander sometimes during meditation but we want to be 'the watcher'........jeez, this is getting more complicated as I try to explain it!

Try sitting comfortably in a chair, feet flat on the floor, close your eyes and 'watch' your breath.  Breathe in and feel the breath as it comes in, feel it going thru all your cells, feel it calming you and then exhale and feel all your negativity, all your doubts, worries etc. leave with that breath.  Imagine it.  Keep doing the breathing for 5 or 10 minutes - however long is comfortable for you.

that's a start.....I'm sure you'll be able to see what I was trying to say earlier after a few minutes of this!   

Blessings,
Devona
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2008 - 11:22PM #7
Devona
Hi Nic,
I can make up my own dreams, they are in colour and I can play the whole dream through, but I'm in control of the whole thing. How is that for weird?

Not to sound dumb but are you asleep when you're making up these dreams?  If you are, then you're LUCID dreaming!  That's a gift......some people try and try and are never able to do that!

As for how to meditate - well, there's a lot of ways.  Basically it's going to that 'still place' within you.  How you get there is up to you.  Some people 'watch' their breath, others drum or listen to music or walk in the woods - there are as many, many ways. 

You're simply trying to calm your throughts - we tend to be thinking constantly with lots of mind chatter - and with meditation we're trying to get rid of that chatter so we can 'listen' for a change!  That's not to say we shouldn't let our minds wander sometimes during meditation but we want to be 'the watcher'........jeez, this is getting more complicated as I try to explain it!

Try sitting comfortably in a chair, feet flat on the floor, close your eyes and 'watch' your breath.  Breathe in and feel the breath as it comes in, feel it going thru all your cells, feel it calming you and then exhale and feel all your negativity, all your doubts, worries etc. leave with that breath.  Imagine it.  Keep doing the breathing for 5 or 10 minutes - however long is comfortable for you.

that's a start.....I'm sure you'll be able to see what I was trying to say earlier after a few minutes of this!   

Blessings,
Devona
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2008 - 9:58AM #8
Nic
[QUOTE=Devona;421865]Hi Nic,

Blessings,
Devona[/QUOTE]
Thanks for replying.  Again I did dream about Mum again last night, but this time we were in Spain, where my frind lives, not much happened but she was there again.  Thank you for telling me how to meditate - I will give it ago.  Usually when I control my dreams I am going to sleep.... this is why I don't always finish it, is this lucid draming?  Nic xx
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2008 - 3:47PM #9
sharon_bivens
When my mother passed I deamed of her often and would wake up crying.  My dad passed four years before my mom and my dreams were always of home, and usually back when I was young and at home. 

As time has passed the dreams have gotten further and further apart....

I now feel they were to comfort me and now that I have come to terms with their passing and the next life, I have freed them in a way, to go on to their next journey. 

They still come to me every once in a while and I am always happy and sad.

They both passed 30 years ago. 

Peace,

Sharon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2008 - 4:14PM #10
Nic
These dreams that I have can be either a comfort thing and sometimes they upset me.  I suppose she is always in my thoughts and maybe what Devona said is true that she is coming to visit me in my dreams, I just wish we could have a proper chat, but I cannot seem to remember if we do or did.  Maybe I am not ready to free her......just yet but as you say, maybe I will in time. Nic x
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook