Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
6 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2009 - 7:09PM #11
grateful one

I do believe that prayers get answered when you ask with a faithful heart...

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2009 - 1:02AM #12
cnstarz777

Yes I have and am awaiting on one that will help many others in this tough time

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2009 - 2:15PM #13
Faithfilledlady

Yes. I have seen God answer my prayers over and over again.  Prayers for myself, my family, friends and even strangers.  I feel that at times it is something that I feel compelled to do in my spirit to pray for others.  I have seen God answer prayers in different stages of my life. However, there is one prayer that is going currently unanswered for now why? I don't know maybe it is a time for preparation and consecration for me.  I only want to find his perfect will for my life at this time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2009 - 6:00PM #14
Windyblue

It usual takes about 6 years for God to answer any of my prayers. It never happens anytime fast.  Do not get me wrong God takes care of me.  But I have been praying about somethings for years, and years, and no answer. So all I can do is wait on Gods silence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2009 - 11:00PM #15
mebjk

Dear Friends,

I"m praying for all of you.  Yes, God does answer prayers!  Of that I am certain, as certain as my life!

mebjk

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 20, 2009 - 9:51PM #16
Craigbear

IWhen I pray for anything that needs an answer of some kind, the answer seems to always be no, regardless of what it is. And it's not uncommon, either, for the situation I've asked God for help with to get worse instead of better. I've never doubted that God exists in some form, and I try with as much of a record of both success and failure as anybody else to be a good person. But when I need his help and guidance with pretty much anything at all, either he simply doesn't hear me, or he turns his back on me altogether -- and I just don't understand why.

I've even tried the "can you just give me some small sign that you're even hearing me?" approach, and even that goes unanswered.

I do believe God answers prayer -- for other people. But for some reason my prayers just fall on deaf ears.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 27, 2009 - 3:03AM #17
Seekingholiness

When my spirit was truly connected with God -- whatever form of religion I was practicing at the time -- I had an amazingly high amount of co-incidence corresponding with my prayers and/or rituals.  So much in fact, I began to be very careful, particularly when I was calling anglelic forces and willing without first commingling my will with God's (my destiny on earth).  I realized that if I wasn't completely specific, sometimes I would get MORE than I asked for.

A sad example is that I asked for something --anything -- that would give me the discipline to write.  Well, I developed chronic pain, which was and is so disabilitating, that I can no longer do anything but write on the computer. 

(And pain led to a decrease in faith and an increase in depression, which made the pain worse, combined with shame, guilt, and medications that made me feel horrible about myself and ignore the gifts that I once was so proud of.  My prayers for a husband ended up with a meeting with a man who almost immediately asked me to marry him.   He was EVERYTHING I asked for, but I forgot some essentials and he was also sociopathic and abusive. )

Now I pray for the pain to be removed so I can be of service to God, rather than God servicing me. 

So far, my prayers have not been answered.  I just hope that they are before I give up and leave this world.  Horrible daily pain that has me bedridden most of the time now has certainly developed my compassion, but I am so drained by the pain and in self-pity that I don't know how to get out.

I suppose I must pray to be released from self-pity.  Sometimes the pain is so bad, I almost lose my faith.  I am a Catholic, but I am sort of a Pagan-Catholic--which isn't that odd when you look at the history of the church and how most of the saints and holy places where once pagan places, as well as the teachings of St. Francis and St. Clare to see God in Everything.  Or as William Blake said  "Everything that lives is holy!"

I was blessed to have experiences where I felt the Mother of God speaking to me.  And, yet, I asked her for a favor and promised to write a book and never finished the book.  And now I am in too much pain and too stressed by finances, by living with my parents in shame when I am in my 40s, and by feeling that I have wasted my gifts.

So, yes, prayer, ritual, asking Spirit works!  But be careful.  It can work TOO well.   And if something is really NOT good for your soul, I don't think it will work.  Praying for a spouse to return when the relationship was based on mutual dependence, fear, and abuse will not be answered by God.

And I need to accept that millions of people suffer every day.  Perhaps I've sinned too much.  Perhaps I just had bad luck with doctors who put me on medications that have clouded the eye of my soul.

And I need to practice, to get back to meditation, the work of prayer.  It is a discipline.  I know this from experience for I used to meditate 3 hours a day.  Now I'm in too much pain, too many medications, and too full of self-pity.

I have even asked why I must suffer daily for 12 years when Jesus only suffered for one day -- albeit way more intensely.  I know this is a sinful thought and it fills me with shame.  I have tried to thank God for allowing me to feel pain as the saints used to do, but I am not a martyr.

Just be careful what you wish for.  I think it's a good idea to say -- if it's God's will -- whenever one prays for a "personal" wish.  Or, if you'd rather, you can use Spirit, Universe, Goddess, Great Mother or a slew of other synonyms for the word God.

I will continue to pray and hope that God will heal me.  And I know that I need to finish my side.  I asked for a gift of finances and promised Mary that I would finish a novel I had begun.  A patron gave me enough money to live at the beach for a year, but instead of working on my historical novel -- which now I realize would have probably sold well -- I tried to write a "quick" fantasy book.  (The latter is unfinished and became so complicated that it is the first book in a trilogy.  I cannot write books that do not aim to "teach, delight, and move into virtuous action" and now I do not have the space nor the peace to write at all, not with parents who constantly berate me and make me more ashamed of my disability than I already am.)

I am not strong anymore.  I am disenfranchised.  I went from upper middle class to poverty.  

My faith is truly being tested.  I don't even have the energy to enter a monastery so I could at least go back to teaching and use my degree and experience.   It breaks my heart.  

I'm writing this in hopes that people don't make the mistakes that I did and believe that promises to God do not have to be kept or that  selfish prayers don't come with a price.

Love is all that matters, and that, too, I threw away, for I thought I was "too creative, too smart, too beautiful" for an ordinary person.   I have been humbled to dust.   And my shame tears my heart apart.  

But the worst part is not being able to make amends because I'm stuck in bed.  I can't sit nor stand for more than 20 minutes without feeling as if someone is twisting a knife in my lower left sacral area.   And the dozens of doctors I've seen say that there is no "cure" for my condition.  Just managing pain with medications that make me feel more ashamed and like a criminal.   (And, cloud my soul and prevent me from concentrating and meditating on God so I might experience that one-ness that made everything in the world beautiful!)

Blessings to all of you!   Prayer does work!  But prayer is only true if you submit your will to that of the Spirit which lives in all sentient beings, the Creator of Life.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 28, 2009 - 9:31AM #18
faithinthedesert

Sometimes I don't receive a response in any form.

Sometimes the outcome over a long period of time is the response.

Sometimes I get an answered prayer exactly how I ask it.

Sometimes not getting what I prayed for is in a way an answered prayer.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how much you pray for something, you know you're not going to get it because it's unrealistic.

Some prayers are just emotions trying to make peace with reality and not the outcome as in getting what you want.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 28, 2009 - 6:20PM #19
theresa333

My Father and my Lord have answered all my prayers. I only have one left to be answered but I have faith that my Father and my Lord will answer that one too in their time. I have the faith! I am so very blessed, each and every day, several times a day I give thanks and pray out loud to my Savior and my Angels. I know I'm heard because I get the most wonderful feeling throughout my body, It's extreme joy and happiness, I only pray that everyony in the world could feel the love and the touch of Our Savior.

I love you, my Lord with all I have!

Theresa

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2009 - 1:32PM #20
Gjv

yes, thank GOD , our GOD has answered my past prayers. i would pray for our daughter. once i gave my daughter, her problems to GOD. sure i still worried, prayed. with in time our daughter hit rock bottom.

she is now mature she is acting her age. she has her eyes open. our daughter has told me that she does believe in  GOD. our daughter was taught about having a higher power.

i am thankful that GOD is her higher power. i have given to our GOD many of my worries.

yes, he has answered many of my requests.

never give up stay close to GOD, with in time he will answer all of your worries, what ever they may be.

AMEN

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook