Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Spiritual women weaker spiritualy then spiritual men?
5 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2009 - 2:16PM #21
Drinkingwater

Alhough my walk is somewhat different I have a problem when someone refers to God as "He". That plants an image in ones head that God is a male. The ball just gets bigger and bigger.

Creator is neither He nor She, yet it is both. Therein lies the balance of all things. Women are ment to be the other half of the scale and there is no world without them. Woman is our physical example of Mother Earth. Women gives birth every nine months just as Mother Earth does in the Springtime. Woman has a moon cycle every month. So does Mother Earth. Woman has a purification "process", man does not. Woman takes the pain of childbirth. Man doesn't for a reason.

Man has his strengths and weaknesses. Being a woman is not one of his strengths. I/we can't do this walk in Life without Woman.

If you look at how all things are in balance then you won't be bothered by diversions of who's weaker or stronger. We all need each other.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2009 - 9:27PM #22
Svetlana

Dec 18, 2009 -- 2:16PM, Drinkingwater wrote:

Alhough my walk is somewhat different I have a problem when someone refers to God as "He". That plants an image in ones head that God is a male. The ball just gets bigger and bigger.

Creator is neither He nor She, yet it is both. Therein lies the balance of all things. Women are ment to be the other half of the scale and there is no world without them. Woman is our physical example of Mother Earth. Women gives birth every nine months just as Mother Earth does in the Springtime. Woman has a moon cycle every month. So does Mother Earth. Woman has a purification "process", man does not. Woman takes the pain of childbirth. Man doesn't for a reason.

Man has his strengths and weaknesses. Being a woman is not one of his strengths. I/we can't do this walk in Life without Woman.

If you look at how all things are in balance then you won't be bothered by diversions of who's weaker or stronger. We all need each other.

I look at it differently.  I see God as having no gender, that gender is merely part of a biological function and as relevant to spirituality as height or blood type.  The God I worship is as far above gender as He/She/It (I use "he" because it is the conventional pronoun used in English, and for no other reason.) is above having chlorophyl.  Gender is just biological, physical, mortal, and completely useless and irrelevant to spiritual things, in my opinion.

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2009 - 3:05PM #23
Drinkingwater

The 3 are all as different from one another as you and I. That has to put sort of a smile on your face. It did me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2010 - 3:37PM #24
Just.be.natural

I was raised Christian, and this topic is one of the only things that upset me about that religion.  I'm not a huge feminist or anything, but I don't think God judges anyone based on their sex. That's why I think its wrong that women are not given the opportunity to move as high up in the church as men are. I come from a matriarchal family, and I believe women can be very strong leaders. Even though I still believe in the Christian God and Christ, I take many life lessons from Buddhism. Women have a much more desirable role to Buddhists. Anyways, thats enough for my little rant. God Bless!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 22, 2010 - 4:42PM #25
gnosticlight

I think Dr. Phil said it best when he remarked that men are afraid that women will laugh at them and women are afraid that men will kill them.

Anyway, spiritual strength is a product of maturity, understanding and a secure psyche...regardless of gender.

Piety is not spiritual strength. It is a substitution for it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook