Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View a teenager's nightmare!
7 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2008 - 1:07AM #1
rachxobaney12
I'm 14 with 4 siblings and a mother who is in jail.. I used to have a step mom, but she cheated on my dad and they got divorced.  From there, everything started to fall apart.. I've lost all my friends, except for my best friend who is a boy.  Now, because he is a boy, rumors are all over my very small town that I lost my virginity to him and that I get high.. I am a christian, and I have made a commitment to God to stay drug free and to wait till marriage to have sex.  I would never do those things.. but still no one believes me; I get ridiculed everyday as I walk the halls in my school. It was only last month when I had tons of friends and no problems.. I dont know whats going on and I dont know how to fix this.  I can't help but wonder why God is putting me through this.  Why are things so confusing?.. I try to keep my chin up and keep on the positive side of things but it's so hard! I don't know what to do. I pray like crazy, and the more I try to follow God the worse things get. WHY?? I really need prayer in the worst way. I am desperate. I am doing all I can to keep it together, but I don't know how much longer I can.  Please, please, please keep me in your prayers. I know my problems are nothing compared to most people's.. but I just really ask that you pray for me.  Thank you so much.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2008 - 3:01PM #2
Paravani
Hello, Lovely People!

Hi, Rachel!

rachxobaney12 wrote:

I'm 14 with 4 siblings and a mother who is in jail.. I used to have a step mom, but she cheated on my dad and they got divorced.  From there, everything started to fall apart.. I've lost all my friends, except for my best friend who is a boy.  Now, because he is a boy, rumors are all over my very small town that I lost my virginity to him and that I get high.. I am a christian, and I have made a commitment to God to stay drug free and to wait till marriage to have sex.  I would never do those things.. but still no one believes me; I get ridiculed everyday as I walk the halls in my school. It was only last month when I had tons of friends and no problems.. I dont know whats going on and I dont know how to fix this.  I can't help but wonder why God is putting me through this.  Why are things so confusing?.. I try to keep my chin up and keep on the positive side of things but it's so hard! I don't know what to do. I pray like crazy, and the more I try to follow God the worse things get. WHY?? I really need prayer in the worst way. I am desperate. I am doing all I can to keep it together, but I don't know how much longer I can.  Please, please, please keep me in your prayers. I know my problems are nothing compared to most people's.. but I just really ask that you pray for me.  Thank you so much.

You just hang in there, honey.  Being 14 is tough even in the best of circumstances.  I know it doesn't help much to know that other 14-year-olds are miserable, too, but believe me, you aren't alone.

Never mind what people say or think.  I know it's hard, but you are conducting yourself with honor and dignity in the face of overwhelmingly difficult circumstances, and I for one am PROUD OF YOU!

I will pray for you every day -- please keep checking back and letting us know how you're doing.

Love and Light and Blessings to all of us!

Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2008 - 4:50PM #3
dreamhealth
Hi Rachel, when I was a teen, it was rough some of the time. It seems like people hurt you more, and you just have to take it. Emotional growth goes on through life, but it's more intense and new when you're a teen. In some ways, it takes people a long time to grow up. Perhaps you are defining yourself now, and you'll do more of it a little later.  You may find other friends other than the boy. People think evil things, so if you are seeing him a lot, they know it and assume that the sex is going on. It's just an assumption in today's world.  Because of this, you shouldn't relay on him as your main friend but develop other relationships that can be meaningful. Let us know how it's going.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2008 - 5:33PM #4
moonchild08
Hi Rachel,
It completely blows to be a teen.  I had a very hard time throughout my teen years.  I'm going to sound cliche and tell you that it does get better.  As long as you stay true to yourself, all things will fall into place.  God has never given me more than I could handle.  I thought several times that I could not handle things.  I threw my hands up and gave up for a period of time.  I am the oldest of 4.  I have 3 younger brothers who I played mother to although I have a mother & my parents are still married.  I still had more responsibility than I should have.  Keep praying.  Try meditation!  I make time for it each day.  I have found a great deal of inner peace because of it.  Look to the future.  Where do you want to be after high school?  Picture it and you can achieve it.  Women are strong powerful individuals, and we can handle more than most think....even at 14.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm sending you positive healing energy.  PS. Don't pray for strength or God will place things in your life for you to become stronger.  Thank God for the strength he has already given you.  Do the same with patience.  It helps a great deal.
Peace & Love,
Drea
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2008 - 11:48PM #5
Rivermom
Rach the things that have happened in your life stink.  It's like that some times but knowing that doesn't make it any easier.  You have a lot to handle for a 14 year old.  Have you talked with your dad about some of these things?  Do you have a grandma or aunt you can talk to?  If the kids are harassing you at school you need to speak up.  Does your school have a female guidance counselor or teacher you can talk with?  I am suggesting female because no one is acting as a mother to you right now and you need that comfort.  You really need to confide in someone who is right there in your community.  If you don't think you can talk about it, make a copy of your thread and give it to them to read.  I guarantee you that it will have an effect.  you are hurting and it doesn't need to be that way.  I have seen the hazing that goes on in our schools when a group of kids decide to target someone.  Most schools, at least here in PA, have student assistance groups to help them through these kinds of situations.  Please talk with someone.. 

It isn't God putting you through these things, they have happened as a result of other people's poor choices.  Those people need to know the negative impact they are having on you life. I pray that God send you the human and/angelic help you need to find peace. 

Blessings of all things good!
Rivermom
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 3:20PM #6
monumental
Hi There Rachel

Just keep to your values, hold your head up high, it does not matter what other people think, only you know whats in your heart and your mind. Like others have stated things will work out for the better, the lord is always with you, even though you may not think so at the present time. Both myself and husband have said a prayer for you, may the light of God be always with you.

Monica & Alan

Love, light and peace.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2008 - 10:43PM #7
natsim7
Hi Rachel,

I am sorry that you have to go through this. I have a 12 yr old daughter who seems to rub everyone the wrong way without even trying (so the other girls in her Jr. High thinks). She often surround herself with people of the opposite sex and gets along with them just fine. Unfortunately this is life and it's coming at you at a young age. However, I WILL NOT, I repeat: WILL NOT, advise  you to find other friends if this friend who happens to be a boy is very dear to you. That's not the answer, because you will be going through life letting other people thoughts (real or unreal) dictate to you who you should  associate yourself with.  You follow your heart dear and as Rivermom said please talk to a female counselor or someone close to you. In the meantime I will say a prayer for you and be blessed!

Natasha
A Christian In Training
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2008 - 4:06AM #8
IrisStar
It is tough being a teen and having a difficult family situation.  I was there myself, and my children went through some difficult times because of their alcoholic father.  We are divorced.  I support my youngest two and we are together as a family after much difficulty.  Anyway, I will pray for you and your situation.  I know all will turn out ok, remember that sometimes kids say stuff because they are jealous, perhaps they are jealous of your virtues, and your pretty looks.  Take care, keep your chin up.  Blessings, Irene
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 8:50AM #9
VG59
Prayers and blessings to you today Rachel.  May you find moments of peace and moments of joy and laughter today. 

Hold those that seem to be ridiculing you with compassion in your heart, they too are suffering through the teen years. 

May all of this pass soon and may you be the person who will be able to see others struggling like you once did and let them know that it too will pass for them.

Many many blessings. 

Val
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 8:50AM #10
VG59
Prayers and blessings to you today Rachel.  May you find moments of peace and moments of joy and laughter today. 

Hold those that seem to be ridiculing you with compassion in your heart, they too are suffering through the teen years. 

May all of this pass soon and may you be the person who will be able to see others struggling like you once did and let them know that it too will pass for them.

Many many blessings. 

Val
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook