Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View a teenager's nightmare!
7 years ago  ::  May 29, 2008 - 12:16PM #21
welovehim
Rachael you were hit with a "triple whammy"!  First being 14 and being in the middle school age range, which is the meanest age group in schools, sets you up for all kinds of problems especially when your best friend is a boy. Don't let your peers at school destroy a good friendship. Since you are a Christian I imagine you go to church have you tried making friends there? Hopefully they would know the type of person you are, and they should know that God  would be judging you if you were doing anything wrong. Also most schools have rules about harassment you should see a female teacher or adminstrator for help.

Next, being responsible for helping out with your four siblings and household takes a lot of energy and a good portion of your time. You didn't say how old they are, but if they are old enough have the second and/or third oldest help out with the youngest sibling. That may free up a little time if they are old enough. The same goes for household chores divide them up according to age and abilities.

Finally, I know you are feeling like God is doing all of this to you, but chances are it's satan. Remember Job and how God let satan test him? In the end Job came out stronger and was blessed by God for his faithfulness. Rachael sometimes when we pray for something specific and we think God isn't answering are prayers His silence is the answer. Either it is not the right time for what you prayed, or God knows it will only cause more problems and doesn't grant it to protect us. Don't give up on God because He'll never give up on you. Stay true to your beliefs and convictions, and God will help you attain them. Things look bad now, but think how good the good things will look later.

My prayers and love go out to you. Keep us posted and let us know of any specific prayer requests you need. Remember you are stronger than you think.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 30, 2008 - 1:30AM #22
darsi
You are a strong girl and you have much to be proud of.  I will keep you in my prayers.  Keep the faith, God is listening and He is taking care of you and everything will work out for you, you'll see.  God Bless You!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 30, 2008 - 7:48AM #23
red_verge
It's been a couple of months since your original post, so I hope that since then things have eased up a little bit. But I wanted to tell you anyway that you have an incredible attitude despite all the hardships you've been through. I can't imagine what that must be like, to lose not one but two mothers and have that pressure of all your siblings. And I definitely understand how awful kids are at your age, because I think that people who loved middle school and had a great time are really few and far between. It's awesome that you've found a close friend, and you need one right now (and always, but especially when you're in such a dark place). You shouldn't let the other kids and their perverted imaginations make you doubt the strength of your friendship. The fact is, they're all so anxious about hating themselves and about sex and God knows what else that it's easier for them to take it out on you- when really it has nothing to do with you whatsoever. It's no test from God, it has nothing to do with your faith- being teased or ostracized for something is a very, very common human experience, and you just have to let it roll off your back. If you know that you're a strong person, and that you're happy with your friends, and you can find comfort in that, then their rumors and whatever shouldn't mean a thing to you. In ten years you will laugh at it, because you'll realize that all this stuff was so stupid it wasn't even worth the worry. In less than ten years, actually. Probably more like next year.

Stay strong, and do what you know is good for you.
xxx
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2008 - 9:18PM #24
Chiyo
May Rachael and all sentient beings have happiness and its causes,
May Rachael and all sentient beings be free of suffering and its causes,
May Rachael and all sentient beings never be separated from bliss without suffering,
May Rachael and all sentient beings be in equanimity, free of bias, attachment and anger.

_/\_ Namu Amida Butsu. Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu. _/\_

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook