Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
7 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2008 - 7:02PM #21
Buster
Natasha,

I hope you're still reading these notes about prayer.  Much like the last person to post to this topic, it's true that the closer you try to get to God the harder Satan tries to confuse you.  Don't be fooled by the liar Satan.  If you've given your life to Jesus Christ then Satan has no power over you.  The problems you seems to face are nothing more than Satan's attempts to dissuade you from prayer.  Prayer is your direct line to God the Father. Jesus said that whatever we ask in his name he will do it.  Jesus also said that where two or more are gathered in my name, I am in the midst of them.  I'm sure there are other christians here who will join with me in asking God to increase your wisdom and understanding.  I too was raised Baptist but I didn't really surrender my life to Jesus Christ until I was 28, even though I had been baptised in the church at age 12.  I pray that you've given your life to Jesus in a true sense. 

I don't really know your problems but I do know this.  My God is greater than your problems.  I would suggest you offer a prayer along this line. "Heavenly Father, I need your guidance, now.  I submit my everyday life to your perfect will.  From here on, Lord, I will not worry and stress about things I have no control over.  If I find myself starting to worry or stress I will remember that I have laid all things at your feet and I will not take them up, again. I will understand that in whatever circumstances I might find myself you have not forgotten me nor abandoned me. I will rest in the assurance that all things work together for good for those who love you. I thank you Lord for answering prayer and I praise you.  In Jesus name I pray"
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2008 - 11:35PM #22
natsim7
Hi Everyone:

It's been a while since I responded in this thread, but nevertheless I have read and took the advice of all. I have really been going within to begin my journey and relationship with God. And you know what, HE has been showing himself in every way every day. I mean I know HE was before, but I was so shut down, I just wasn't paying attention. However, I am learning to "Let Go and Let God". Learning to stop stressing and worrying and actually feeling myself elevating to a higher spiritual level. Everything is for the greater good, God's greater good, and I am finally beginning to realize where I fit in all that. Finally beginning to surrender my life to God's will. And so it will be.

Thanks to all who have helped, prayed, advised and just "listened". I appreciate it wholeheartedly!!!!!

Blessings,
Natasha
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2008 - 6:23PM #23
msjones1985
I think rather know that its only the devil!  Your getting to close to were God wants you to be and well the devil wants to make you believe that its bad and only bad will come from it ! God got your back! Go ahead and pray!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2008 - 1:33PM #24
piggbryan
I know when I first started to pray and be faithful at it that I started realizing the battle that the Bible talks about which is spiritual warfare.  I created a journal of the things that I prayed for and asked for. I would then come the next day to realize every single prayer was answered.  We as Christians don't realize the Greatness of God not in that he is a horrible angry God, but a God that requires us to be like him in order for us love like him and enjoy him.  I have come to this point from others praying for me when I could not pray for myself.  When God calls for us to be in him we realize that our flesh is always trying to learn and live on its' own power.   When I started on my journey to talk to God through it all I have learned that Jesus is the Ruler of all things and he controls everything that happens to me.  So when all the bad things started to happen I gave up except for the people that had pressed onward for themselves and me.   I then learned about God and his forgiveness through the attacks of the enemy (devil and demons of the world I can't see).   If we as Christians don't obey when Christ tells us to pray we fall from the attacks of the enemy and give up.  That area of our lives seems normal then when we have less problems, but God describes in the Word that troubles will come, but we will overcome through the Power of his Word.  His Word's are His Forgiveness and when God says that He loves us and also when he tells us troubles will come- You have to understand that God instructs with all these things that happen to you.  The only one who overcomes the evil one and builds Christ like character is the one who stays close to his Words of encouragement.  The Bible encourages and discourages many things only to bring about the fullfilment of it's purpose (Christ in us).  The only one that overcomes is one that endures afflictions with the Power of Christs healing words.  To press on in Prayer involves excepting discouragement and encouragement as a whole even though afflictions come in many forms to bring about their means (to instruct).  When I first started to pray all kinds of bad things came at me to stop me from learning about this great God that I was actually having a conversation with for once in my life.  I didn't press on after too many attacks and then the people that were faithful picked me up by praying for me in the areas that I knew nothing of God and I have come to pray a lot now, but I keep learning that it is never ending -- this thing about life and death.  Life comes from knowing God and staying away from death which is sin (living without the knowledge of God and enjoying his presence living in me).   The more you pray and the more you apply scripture you gain ground in the land of the living (a life that lives and enjoys Christs' rulership over everything).  You will see what God talks about when he describes life when you except the bad things that come as tools of teaching what evil and sin and death really are about.  We are all trying to conquer death by believing in Christ each day he wants to abide in us.   A really great Book to Read is Not by Chance (learning to trust a sovereign God) by Layton Talbert.   I have learned to meditate on the scripture that he comments on and it directs me to understand Christ as total controlling of my life for either good or bad.  My prayer directs back the attention that Christ doesn't get from me as he should.   It makes me understand more about Prayer as a convergence of Christ and me together as a team, but me always needing the daily life that God gives through a real conversation between us both.  Christ meeting my daily forgiveness needs and his enjoyment of giving me Grace to live a new life (way) each day.  Humbly being and enjoying his presence in me is all what life is and will forever be for eternity.  Life is always able to live when I just humbly accept is Power of loving me and his creation the way he choses too.  God tells us pray always so that we don't enter into temptation.  When we stop praying we enter into temptation to pre-judge how life should go and we fail to get life then, which promises only death and total misunderstanding of everything (confusion).  God says that anger causes a snare....  If I don't understand things I get mad.  I then take on the form of evil because God gives life (understanding) each day to whoever cries out for it.  There is a scripture verse that says we chose life, death, blessing, or cursing each day.  So we must Pray to get God's thoughts and life that he is so willing to give instead of choosing any thing else which could lead to death and cursing.  I get down all the time, but I know that I have to ask God what is next for me to understand and try to abide in that which he chooses to instruct or rebuke me with.  We are all like Adam in the Garden each day the Lord comes to visit and love us--we either run because we chose are own thoughts to live with or we gladly accept the Lord humbly and willingly to breath new life in us each day.  It is not easy to discipline our lives to acknowledge this picture each day until we strive to let go and ask each day from the only one that gives us the enjoyment that comes from abiding in his Love (Word).  All I can say is find as many faithful people around you that pray, and in praying with them and receive their thoughts on prayer and give yours out just as well.  God always means for us to enjoy the church (His Body) so the more you enjoy others thoughts from their prayer life the more you will have direction and growth in knowing God's Will for your life.  I told my pastor what the Lord did and he looked at me in unbelief.  I got mad because I thought a pastor should believe God in the Powerful way that God showed his power working through me, but I realized the fact that Satan is always trying to stop Gods' Will and Power from living in us and he has the Power only from God to test us on our belief.  So we are all in this life discovery that we get from being a part of Gods' believing Body (church).  We all are sinners and have to face the fact of our belief rests on the Knowledge of God and our release of it in our individual lives as we share our faith (belief) and use it to strengthen the believers- which is the soul goal of the Word of God.  I realized in praying for my church members that I learned more of Christ that way.  His love for me came from them to me after I prayed for them.  We all are fighting our soul in the fact that we try to prepare our protection each day by thinking what do I need first before thinking the Body of Christ needs attention first before me so that I can look at my self through them and receive it that way.  The way a spouse shows love for you when you least deserve it- she reflects the goodness that you cannot have by any other means possible.  God reflects his love towards us the same way - we cannot get it until we look into his face and just rest in it.  This way is to let us change at our own pace, and truly come to know how love works.  It always is and never changes- so all things must conform to it.  The more we resist it the more we hurt ourselves just by not taking it all in.  So keep Praying till you bust through will understanding.  Keep a journal of your prayers and write down some thoughts you get from scripture at the same time, then come back the next day to find out what you learned.  Just don't let anger get a snare on you..  Even though we all struggle with it!!!!  I have found out from keeping notes on either preaching or my alone time with God that years later I would look back at each day and each sermon that I had received made me cry my eyes out because God loved me the whole time, but the pain still had to be endured as I live each day either living or dying.  Through it all I came to learn that God lets pain bring about a greater purpose and understanding in me of Himself.  He will never let you fail and has committed himself to you forever.  When I was small the growing pains seemed not worth it, but my legs are long and strong now.  I enjoy them even though I still get pain, it just isn't the same as it was when they were still growing to their completion.  Now I enjoy the endurance I get from the natural use of them, and processes of age that go along with them.  After this death my soul and body will hurt no more.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2008 - 4:30AM #25
zion777
[QUOTE=natsim7;368339]Hi,

I have a dilemna and I don't know how to address this. I am afraid to pray!! Everytime I begin to get into a prayer mode and pray diligently, it seems like bad things or not so wanted things happen. I know I need and really want to pray but I can't find the words or courage to do so. I know the very thing that I am supposed to be comfortable with is the very thing that makes me apprehensive. Anybody experience this and if so what can I do to help myself, to help myself.

Thanks,

Natasha[/QUOTE]
How old are you where are you from who are your parents. becareful what you ingest it sometimes will make you ill. You are asking a question which many virgin christians have asked many times and even ancient bishops who have great wisdom in God. The answer to your problem is simple but working with the virdect to your problems will prove a burdensome one and so you have to be very careful and often must consult a experience bishop, paster,missionary. Your answer: When you are saved or becoming save: The kingdom of God has just come in to prospective and so the " the kingdom suffereth violence and the violence take it by force" simple said you are at war for your eternal life and walk with God you have escaped and now have knowledge of who God and the Devil is and so a host of demonds have been dispacth to concur your will for the lord...so now you must draw even closer to his word people and spiritual gain. you must seek the infilment of the holy ghost that you spiritual connection with heaven be sealed and signed. When you have recieved this  heaven is at your disposal standing in battle in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and saviour. Be not discourage because when the battle seems hot the Fire has yet to begin. Sometimes when you also have a special call of God on your life The Devil will try to kill you at this time you will begin to experience miricles from God in the most unlikely ways. YOur family can even be turned agianst you but remember that your father Jesus christ sits high and Looks low. and the Devil cannot touch you unless he has Gods approval, so when it gets hot then you have reached inside the kicthen of what real christianity. Be still and know that God is God. love piece and will In GOd my brother, for I am but yet still YOUng and afraid the prophetic and premitive gosple God has called me to, that I some times fair But remember Zion. HAve a good and Godly day. Shalome
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2008 - 2:37AM #26
dlkmc222
when I had the desire to start praying again, now as an adult...and really didn't have that connection...

the simplest and best thing I ever did, and still do, is to simply think of the good things that happened to you that day, no matter how "small" and say I don't know if you caused it to happen directly or not, but I am thankful I was in a position to receive it.

basically just a general thank you of the good things in your life.

you can even pray to God about how upset you are that these bad things happen, you can tell God  you are upset with Him/Her.

try not to put too much expectation on it right now. just simple things.

even if something small and good happens, a simple glance upward and a thank you of acknowledgment is a prayer :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2008 - 5:17AM #27
SherriMunnerlyn
"I know when I first started to pray and be faithful at it that I started realizing the battle that the Bible talks about which is spiritual warfare.  I created a journal of the things that I prayed for and asked for. I would then come the next day to realize every single prayer was answered.  We as Christians don't realize the Greatness of God not in that he is a horrible angry God, but a God that requires us to be like him in order for us love like him and enjoy him...When God calls for us to be in him we realize that our flesh is always trying to learn and live on its' own power. When I started on my journey to talk to God through it all I have learned that Jesus is the Ruler of all things and he controls everything that happens to me. So when all the bad things started to happen I gave up except for the people that had pressed onward for themselves and me.  I then learned about God & his forgiveness through the attacks of the enemy (devil and demons of the world I can't see).  If we as Christians don't obey when Christ tells us to pray we fall from the attacks of the enemy and give up.  That area of our lives seems normal then when we have less problems, but God describes in the Word that troubles will come, but we will overcome through the Power of his Word.  His Word's are His Forgiveness and when God says that He loves us& also when he tells us troubles will come- You have to understand that God instructs with all these things that happen to you. The only one who overcomes the evil one and builds Christ like character is the one who stays close to his Words of encouragement.  The Bible encourages &discourages many things only to bring about the fullfilment of it's purpose (Christ in us). The only one that overcomes is one that endures afflictions with the Power of Christs healing words.  To press on in Prayer involves excepting discouragement & encouragement as a whole even though afflictions come in many forms to bring about their means (to instruct).  When I first started to pray all kinds of bad things came at me to stop me from learning about this great God that I was actually having a conversation with for once in my life.  I didn't press on after too many attacks and then the people that were faithful picked me up by praying for me in the areas that I knew nothing of God and I have come to pray a lot now, but I keep learning that it is never ending -- this thing about life and death.  Life comes from knowing God and staying away from death which is sin (living without the knowledge of God and enjoying his presence living in me).   The more you pray & the more you apply scripture you gain ground in the land of the living (a life that lives and enjoys Christs' rulership over everything).  You will see what God talks about when he describes life when you except the bad things that come as tools of teaching what evil and sin and death really are about.  We are all trying to conquer death by believing in Christ each day he wants to abide in us.   A really great Book to Read is Not by Chance (learning to trust a sovereign God) by Layton Talbert.   I have learned to meditate on the scripture that he comments on and it directs me to understand Christ as total controlling of my life for either good or bad.  My prayer directs back the attention that Christ doesn't get from me as he should.   It makes me understand more about Prayer as a convergence of Christ and me together as a team, but me always needing the daily life that God gives through a real conversation between us both.  Christ meeting my daily forgiveness needs and his enjoyment of giving me Grace to live a new life (way) each day.  Humbly being & enjoying his presence in me is all what life is and will forever be for eternity.  Life is always able to live when I just humbly accept is Power of loving me and his creation the way he choses too.  God tells us pray always so that we don't enter into temptation.  When we stop praying we enter into temptation to pre-judge how life should go and we fail to get life then, which promises only death and total misunderstanding of everything (confusion).  God says that anger causes a snare....  If I don't understand things I get mad.  I then take on the form of evil because God gives life (understanding) each day to whoever cries out for it.  There is a scripture verse that says we chose life, death, blessing, or cursing each day.  So we must Pray to get God's thoughts&life that he is so willing to give instead of choosing any thing else which could lead to death and cursing.  I get down all the time, but I know that I have to ask God what is next for me to understand and try to abide in that which he chooses to instruct or rebuke me with.  We are all like Adam in the Garden each day the Lord comes to visit and love us--we either run because we chose are own thoughts to live with or we gladly accept the Lord humbly and willingly to breath new life in us each day.  It is not easy to discipline our lives to acknowledge this picture each day until we strive to let go and ask each day from the only one that gives us the enjoyment that comes from abiding in his Love (Word)...God always means for us to enjoy the church (His Body) so the more you enjoy others thoughts from their prayer life the more you will have direction and growth in knowing God's Will for your life.  I told my pastor what the Lord did and he looked at me in unbelief.  I got mad because I thought a pastor should believe God in the Powerful way that God showed his power working through me, but I realized the fact that Satan is always trying to stop Gods' Will and Power from living in us and he has the Power only from God to test us on our belief.  So we are all in this life discovery that we get from being a part of Gods' believing Body (church).  We all are sinners and have to face the fact of our belief rests on the Knowledge of God and our release of it in our individual lives as we share our faith (belief) and use it to strengthen the believers- which is the soul goal of the Word of God.  I realized in praying for my church members that I learned more of Christ that way.  His love for me came from them to me after I prayed for them.  We all are fighting our soul in the fact that we try to prepare our protection each day by thinking what do I need first before thinking the Body of Christ needs attention first before me so that I can look at my self through them and receive it that way.  The way a spouse shows love for you when you least deserve it- she reflects the goodness that you cannot have by any other means possible.  God reflects his love towards us the same way - we cannot get it until we look into his face and just rest in it.  This way is to let us change at our own pace, and truly come to know how love works.  It always is and never changes- so all things must conform to it.  The more we resist it the more we hurt ourselves just by not taking it all in.  So keep Praying till you bust through will understanding.  Keep a journal of your prayers and write down some thoughts you get from scripture at the same time, then come back the next day to find out what you learned.  Just don't let anger get a snare on you..  Even though we all struggle with it!!!!  I have found out from keeping notes on either preaching or my alone time with God that years later I would look back at each day and each sermon that I had received made me cry my eyes out because God loved me the whole time, but the pain still had to be endured as I live each day either living or dying.  Through it all I came to learn that God lets pain bring about a greater purpose and understanding in me of Himself.  He will never let you fail and has committed himself to you forever.  When I was small the growing pains seemed not worth it, but my legs are long and strong now.  I enjoy them even though I still get pain, it just isn't the same as it was when they were still growing to their completion.  Now I enjoy the endurance I get from the natural use of them, and processes of age that go along with them.  After this death my soul and body will hurt no more."

piggbryan,

You are starting to address something here that I am experiencing and seeking to understand, & that is the relationship between pain and God's love. God led me to pray for a people who were hurting, suffering from injustice and occupation and war. The more I pray for them and follow their lives and struggles, the more I love them and the more it hurts and I hurt for what they go through. But the more it hurts, the more I feel how very much God cares about them, every single man, woman, and child suffering and hurting. Most of them do not even know Christ and live in a land where proselytizing is illegal.   I try to reach out and encourage Christians and nonbelievers there and tell them how much God loves them and God gave me songs to share, too. My struggle is to keep seeking how I can make a difference. Prayer is definitely part of what God wants me to do here, and to pray unceasingly about all of these wars overtaking our lands.

I was reading a book by a Christian in Galilee named Elias Chacour. He grew up very close to God & is today the Archbishop of the Melkite Christian Church. He prayed as a child, Lord, let me be your feet and your hands. He saw Jesus, how He lifted up those who were downtrodden, those others looked down on, and how he told His followers on the Mount of Beatitudes Blessed are the peacemakers. He felt called to seek to do those same things in his life, lift up Palestinians who have had their rights taken away and be a peacemaker between the Jews and Palestinians.  Sometimes, I think the answer to our problems perhaps is to take our eyes off ourselves and open our eyes to those who are hurting around us and  reach out to show them God's love.

Sherri
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 24, 2008 - 12:35PM #28
weezie010
I too find that to be a problem for me.  I feel as though the words I want to say, don't come out.  I need to be able to do this.  Can anyone help me with encouragement or words to help? I'm an Usher as my church, and very proud to be one, but I'm afraid that during devotion, before we go out on the floor, that someone will ask me to say a prayer, and i won't know what to say or how to begin.  This is terrible, and something that I need to resolve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2008 - 8:24PM #29
Sara333
I can try to help, since I've been working on prayer techniques for decades now. The main thing that might help is for you to realize that God is not just "out there" or in church or up in the sky or whatever, but he or she is also within each of us, since we are spirit, and we are God's creations. This means that if we can only relax and calm our minds and try to listen to the best and deepest and most spiritual parts of ourselves, we are listening to God. And he/she will listen to us as well! That's what God wants---for us to recognize our dependence on him, and to begin to take advantage of that dependence by praying faithfully and listening to what God is saying in return. Since God is within us as well as outside, it doesn't matter how we approach him or her, just that we do approach him or her continually, since we see how utterly dependent on him we are, even though it's human nature not to see that fact unless we are forced to by circumstances. JEsus said not to worry about anything but to pray about everything, but this is the big challenge of human life: to keep on reconnecting our minds to God's mind, which is simply that part of us that we know is the best. As far as what words to use, just use whatever words come naturally to you---because God is your best friend in the universe! You may find some tips on my website at petitioninggod. com, or feel free to write me at sara@petitioninggod.com.

Blessings!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook