Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View "The Peak Experience"
5 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 10:26PM #51
Neomonist

Mar 22, 2009 -- 12:23PM, wonderment wrote:

Hi Neo, If I try to capture in words how I see the metaphysical, this is all that comes out:  There is no "outside".  So if there is no outside there really is no inside either, or everything, in a sense, is inside. ... I think our practice then becomes one of reconciling that unity within diversity into our daily lives.    

I try my best to accept the paradoxical nature of Reality. The language of my mind accepts 'outside' and the language of my heart accepts 'inside'. The following is a clue on how to handle it:

"Things derive their being and nature by mutual dependence and are nothing in themselves."
Nagarjuna

Without 'inside' there would not be 'outside'. Alan Watts has a wonderful saying - even a short piece of wood is 2 inches long.

I just recognized a slight error in my posting on the subject. I have omitted 'outside only' and 'inside only' - gotta fix that error. Thanks for helping me see it.

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 11:19PM #52
Xianmyst

Awakenthesource,

I have faith that if your approach to “reality” is with authenticity, intimacy and spontaneity, there will be a very likely chance that the changes you observe will be positive.  When we surrender into the “peak experience” we receive the gifts of the Presence.  Depending upon our background, we may call these gifts energy, power, Chi, Gnosis, Reiki or Virtue.  Wherever we go from there, to whatever “reality” we are to be a part, we  affirm the Presence.  In Christianity, Reiki, and TT people are taught to share their energy, Power, Chi, Virtue. or Gnosis.

Another peak experience is seeing the reflection of the Light of the Presence from others.

May the Peace of Shekinah be with you

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2009 - 9:30AM #53
Neomonist

Mar 26, 2009 -- 11:19PM, Xianmyst wrote:

Another peak experience is seeing the reflection of the Light of the Presence from others.

If I may be so bold as to reword your excellent comment.

A peak experience is seeing the emanation of the Light of the Presence in others.

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook