Switch to Forum Live View A Phone Call from the Dead
5 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2008 - 12:55AM #1
star1215
Here I am...a leader in my local church for the past two years. I am not happy and I know that its time to leave for my soul is upset.

I dreamt that one of the Ministers who has passed away, called me on the phone in my first apartment.
I was talking to him in the bathroom. I glimpsed in the mirror where I saw a reflection of myself.

The minister told me something but he sounded like he was underwater and I did not hear him properly.
The last thing he told me was that God was all around me.

I woke up feeling like I can move forward...

any comments...are very much welcomed......
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2008 - 9:53PM #2
dreamhealth
Yes, it certainly looks like the dream is helping you you to move forward. You can do so with the gaurantee that God is with you as you move. (The minister was a voice from heaven--also the vantage from a higher place where things are easily seen--plus, he himself moved on). Your first apartment was a place from which you took steps (and lived).
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2008 - 5:39AM #3
karbie
I would agree that this is a message about moving on with your life. I would assume that you would have asked your late minister for his opinion on whether you should move on or not; this is both a definite Yes along with letting you know that he is watching over you.That's a good kind of dream to have, because it also lets you know beyond a doubt  that "life" goes on and that those we have lost aren't really lost, just over the next hill.
"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 5:18AM #4
Shamanmystic
Now my take on your dream is this
A) dead priest calls you.. ie he's dead i think maybe church u at the preacher may not be adequate to relaying living word in a way that is helping u with your life circumstances... maybe you need to find another who inspires you to look deeper and all around you in amazement at Gods creation.. i get this to from him speaking from under water ie the message is unclear ie garlbeld which means 1 of 3 things either 1) he's not adequate to the task  2). your not listening close enough 3) both 1&2...
Next u should think upon the image of yourself reflected in the mirror and really see how it compares to reality. Did it match who u are and want to be or did it disapoint in some way... see mirror below for more .
the reflection is significant: through the looking glass we access who we really are .

Here's a quick list on some of the symbology of  dreams for your future reference hope this helps.. good luck
Dead
To see the dead in your dream, forewarns that you are being influenced by negative people and are hanging around the wrong crowd. You may suffer material loss. This dream may also be a way for you to resolve your feelings with those who have passed on. To see and talk with your dead father in your dream, signifies that you are about to enter into an unlucky transaction or rotten deal. Thoroughly think through your decisions before entering into them. To see your dead mother in your dream, signifies your wretched and mean-hearted nature towards others around you. Seeing your dead parents in your dreams, may mean your fears of losing them or your way of coping with the loss. You may want that last opportunity to say your final good-byes to them. To see your dead sibling, relative, or friend alive in your dream, indicates that you miss them and are trying to relive your old experiences you had with them. In trying to keep up with the pace of your daily waking life, you dreams may serve as your only outlet in coping and coming to terms with the loss of a loved one.
Death
To dream about the death of a loved one, suggests that you are lacking a certain aspect or quality that the loved one embodies. Ask yourself what makes this person special or what do you like about him. It is that very quality that you are lacking in your own relationship or circumstances. Alternatively, it indicates that whatever that person represents has no part in your own life.
Die
To dream that you die in your dream, symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or in your life. Although such dreams may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm and is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually mean that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes do not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something. On a negative note, to dream that you die may represent involvement in deeply painful relationships or unhealthy, destructive behaviours. You may feeling depressed or feel strangled by a situation or person in your waking life. Perhaps your mind is preoccupied with someone who is terminally ill or dying. Alternatively, you may be trying to get out of some obligation, responsibility or other situation. To see someone dying in your dream, signifies that your feelings for that person are dead or that a significant change/loss is occurring in your relationship with that person. Alternatively, you may want to repress that aspect of yourself that is represented by the dying person
Priest
To see a priest in your dream, signifies spiritual needs, regulation, religious belief and guidance. It also symbolizes chastity and abstinence. You may view sexuality as immoral. To see a dictatorial or condemning priest in your dream, signifies unyielding authority and over-protectiveness.
Apartment
To dream about an apartment, symbolizes a financial or situational state. To dream of a large, lavish apartment indicates a large increase to your income or an improvement to your family life. To dream of a shabby and dark apartment, indicates misfortune and possible loss of a lover or money.
Mirror
To see your own reflection in the mirror, suggests that you are pondering thoughts about your inner self. The reflection in the mirror is how you perceive yourself or how you want others to see you. You may be contemplating on strengthening and changing aspects of your character. To dream that you are looking through a two-way mirror, indicates that you are coming face to face with some inner or worldly issue. What you see is related to your persona and unconscious. Seeing images through the mirror may be a safe way for you to consider and/or confront material from your unconscious. Mirrors symbolize the imagination and a link between the conscious and unconscious. To dream that you are being watched through a two-way mirror, suggests that you feel you are being scrutinized and criticized. Alternatively, you may be blocking or unwilling to acknowledge your unconscious emotions. To break a mirror in your dream, suggests that you are breaking an old image of yourself. You may be putting an end to an old habit. Breaking a mirror is also an old symbol for seven years of bad luck. To see a cracked or broken mirror in your dream. Represents a poor or distorted self-image. Alternatively, it suggests that you have put an end to your old habits and ways. To see a fogged mirror in your dream, signifies a hazy concept of who you are and questions about your self-identity. You are confused in your goals in life and you may have a lack of clarity in a purpose.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 6:03AM #5
Shamanmystic
I took to long in editing ie 30 minutes from original post and admin wouldn't let me add new comments here's the top part i didn't get finished expressing before i got cutoff... lol

Now my take on your dream is this
A) dead priest calls you.. ie he's dead i think maybe church u at the preacher may not be adequate to relaying living word in a way that is helping u with your life circumstances... maybe you need to find another who inspires you to look deeper and all around you in awe & amazement at Gods creation.. i get this to from him speaking from under water ie the message is unclear which means 1 of 3 things either 1) he's not adequate to the task  2). your not listening close enough 3) both 1&2...
Next u should think upon the image of yourself reflected in the mirror and really see how it compares to reality. Did it match who u are and want to be or did it disapoint in some way... see mirror below for more .
the reflection is significant: through the looking glass we access who we really are .
4) in bathroom= i think maybe you are have burdens or feelings and need to "relieve yourself" of these things in some manner. you may need to cleanse or purify yourself either physically, emotionally, intellectually, or spiritually. maybe more than one or all. Context is centered around priest and therefore i would think spiritual renewal is most important.. Diet & exercize, finding new friends that support you ie that u can lean on in times of need, and friends that challenge u intellectually and cheer u on to be the best u can be might be in order to.. sometimes we fall in the trap of hanging round the same people to much and the "same old" thoughts ,ideas, or gossip etc can bring us down. or get us in a rut..
5) u are open to communication from your inner you in that you answered and spoke on the phone

Change is defintely in order from the little bit u revealed. sounds like your open to it..

and the extra dream symbolism i didn't include above
Bathroom
To dream that you are in the bathroom, relates to your instinctual urges. You may be experiencing some burdens/feelings and need to "relieve yourself". Alternatively, it may symbolize purification and self-renewal. You need to cleanse yourself, both emotionally and psychologically. To dream of constipation or that you cannot find the bathroom, signifies that you are having difficulties in releasing and expressing your emotions.
Telephone
To see or hear a telephone in your dream, signifies a message from your unconscious or some sort of telepathic communication. You may be forced to confront issues which you have tried to avoid. To dream that you do not want to answer the ringing telephone, indicates lack of communication. There is a situation or relationship that you are tying to keep at a distance. To dream that you have trouble hearing over the telephone, signifies that you are the centre of some malicious gossip
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2009 - 10:04PM #6
niteangel519

star1215 wrote:

Here I am...a leader in my local church for the past two years. I am not happy and I know that its time to leave for my soul is upset.

I dreamt that one of the Ministers who has passed away, called me on the phone in my first apartment.
I was talking to him in the bathroom. I glimpsed in the mirror where I saw a reflection of myself.

The minister told me something but he sounded like he was underwater and I did not hear him properly.
The last thing he told me was that God was all around me.

I woke up feeling like I can move forward...

any comments...are very much welcomed......

Star,around 11pm one night I had and dream,my husbands best friend called me,(But this was in and dream) He told me and my husband he loved me.MY husband woke me up,and said ,you are dreaming,i told him what his best friend said.The next  day ,His son came over to say his dad died around 11pm.that was when i was dreaming of the phone call.,that night. And the guy that died,his grandson ,the same night had and dream also about his grandfather. I do believe in dreams,I have had dreams to come true,and future dreams yet to come true.,that is going to happen.Yes I believe and never forget 9/11.Because the year of 1996,i dreamed NYC was burning and people climbing the highest towers. I asked my daughter and her family not to move to NY ,that was in 1997..I believe God speaks though us though dreams.
I keep and record book now,on dreams,that i do have.Bren

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook