Switch to Forum Live View Mystical child coordinating point in mind
7 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2008 - 6:05PM #1
soma77
This mystical child is the co-coordinating point in the mind because it is between the higher and the lower layers of the mind. In this layer the instinctive demands are given recognition, but the center of gravity of the total personality shifts its position. The position ceases to be in the ego that dominates the lower layers, but instead becomes located in a hypothetical place between the conscious and the unconscious mind. If this reorganization is effective, a personality develops that suffers only in the lower layers, but not in the upper layers of the mind where one is detached from pain and pleasure.

The elevated beings who have reached the higher layers of the mind are not members of any particular faith alone, but are spiritual aspirants from all faiths and denominations. The thing that distinguishes them from other people is their understanding of the nature of their souls and their knowledge. They obtain compassion for others and develop communion with everything in the all-pervading consciousness that surrounds us.

thinkunity.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2008 - 8:41PM #2
stardustpilgrim
"The higher blends with the lower to actualize the middle".
sdp
The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten.
Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.
The Way of Chuang Tzu by Thomas Merton

A map is not the territory.                                                                 Alfred Korzybski

God is that function in the world by reason of which our purposes are directed to ends which in our own consciousness are impartial as to our own interests. He is that element in life in virtue of which judgment stretches beyond facts of existence to values of existence.      Alfred North Whitehead
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2008 - 8:41PM #3
stardustpilgrim
"The higher blends with the lower to actualize the middle".
sdp
The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten.
Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.

A map is not the territory.                                                                 Alfred Korzybski

God is that function in the world by reason of which our purposes are directed to ends which in our own consciousness are impartial as to our own interests. He is that element in life in virtue of which judgment stretches beyond facts of existence to values of existence.      Alfred North Whitehead
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2008 - 5:09AM #4
BBarton
How many layers?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2008 - 7:43AM #5
stardustpilgrim
World 1 (the unity of God), world 3 (all galaxies), world 6 (the Milky Way), world 12 (the sun), world 24 (all planets), world 48 (earth), world 96 (moon). That would be ahhh....7, built upon a series of triads (outer corresponding to inner) .  ........but of course, all that is (macrocosm and microcosm), is a multitude of triads......
sdp

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2008 - 8:06AM #6
BBarton
[QUOTE=stardustpilgrim;256472]World 1 (the unity of God), world 3 (all galaxies), world 6 (the Milky Way), world 12 (the sun), world 24 (all planets), world 48 (earth), world 96 (moon). That would be ahhh....7, built upon a series of triads (outer corresponding to inner) .  ........but of course, all that is (macrocosm and microcosm), is a multitude of triads......
sdp[/QUOTE]

I was expecting the answer to be 7.  It keeps coming up.  Seven realms of heaven.  Seven pillars of Wisdom, Seven forms of wrath.  Very interesting.  The Gospel of Mary Magdalene teaches on the souls transcending the seven forms/realms on its journey home.  Very interesting indeed.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2008 - 1:09PM #7
wonderment

soma77 wrote:

This mystical child is the co-coordinating point in the mind because it is between the higher and the lower layers of the mind. In this layer the instinctive demands are given recognition, but the center of gravity of the total personality shifts its position. The position ceases to be in the ego that dominates the lower layers, but instead becomes located in a hypothetical place between the conscious and the unconscious mind. If this reorganization is effective, a personality develops that suffers only in the lower layers, but not in the upper layers of the mind where one is detached from pain and pleasure.

The elevated beings who have reached the higher layers of the mind are not members of any particular faith alone, but are spiritual aspirants from all faiths and denominations. The thing that distinguishes them from other people is their understanding of the nature of their souls and their knowledge. They obtain compassion for others and develop communion with everything in the all-pervading consciousness that surrounds us.

thinkunity.com

Hi Soma77, Nice. I love the different ways we all have of expressing our perception of Reality.

Thanks for the link too. Good stuff.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook