Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

10 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 1:09AM #1
RavynG
is there a religon/spirituality/belief system (besides Satanism) that does NOT start on the premise that we have done something wrong or are somehow defective?
Ravyn
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 1:43AM #2
lexa_blue
Hi Ravyn. With a little research, I think you will find that most religions are not based on that principal--it's just that, in the Western world, the forms of religion that do (e.g. Christianity) get most of the press. Off the top of my head:
Unitarian Universalism
Modern Paganism/Reconstructionisms
Buddhism
Hinduism
mainstream Judaism
mainstream Islam
Some forms of liberal Christianity

...hope this helps. I highly recommend you check out the "welcome center" forums here, and ask questions. In my experience, talking to real live believers is the best way to get a feel for a particular faith.
Blessings,
Lexa
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 11:22AM #3
spiritalk
Spiritualism, Unity, Universalism, New Thought all begin with self culture - not self abuse.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2008 - 8:55PM #4
bytebear
Are you talking about the concept of "Original Sin?"  There are several Christian denominations that reject that doctrine, although they tend to fall further from the "traditional" Christian tree.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2008 - 10:11PM #5
TigersEyeDowsing
[QUOTE=spiritalk;229244]Spiritualism, Unity, Universalism, New Thought all begin with self culture - not self abuse.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I'm here. :)
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook