Switch to Forum Live View Getting ready for house guests
6 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 12:24PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
Is there some chore that you don't do regularly but always take care of getting done when you know company is coming? For me that would be cleaning off the top of the refrigerator. Being that I am short and can't see up there unless I'm standing on a chair, I tend to forget it get's dusty. But when I know we'll be having visitors suddenly I remember and spring into action and get the stool out to get up there to clean it. How about you?
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 7:33PM #2
MarleneEmmett5
[QUOTE=BeliefnetSabee;721215]Is there some chore that you don't do regularly but always take care of getting done when you know company is coming? For me that would be cleaning off the top of the refrigerator. Being that I am short and can't see up there unless I'm standing on a chair, I tend to forget it get's dusty. But when I know we'll be having visitors suddenly I remember and spring into action and get the stool out to get up there to clean it. How about you?[/QUOTE]

BeliefnetSabee:
That would be polishing my silver,washing my good table cloths,& making sure that my good dishes are
ready for company!
My husband's in charge of doing the vaccuming and straightening up & cleaning the guest bathroom!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 10:57PM #3
MsCGheartofohio
LOL, I don't clean the top of the fridge unless the visitors will be tall! :)  But I do get out all the "company" linens for the kitchen, bed and bath. 

I do give the bath a merciless scrubbing from top to bottom - fixtures, woodwork, shower curtain rod...

I also vacuum everything and everywhere - undersides of couch cushions, corners, picture frames, etc.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook