Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View so i gave my life a makeover
6 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2008 - 10:09AM #1
runegurl
hi there!  i don't know how many might remember me, but i see some familiar names---i have some time before my next class, and i'm in the computer lab, and i just wanted to see what was happening on bnet. i don't think i've been here for....well, two years, maybe?

anyway, i'm soooooo far from where i was a couple years ago. it's kind of bizaare, when i stop to think about it.  i quit my full-time job, kept my part-time job, and went back to school to become a nurse.  i'm at a local community college (which i LOVE!! soooooo much better than the big university i went to!) and i'm doing well, and i'm broke and stressed and pushed for time almost all the time.....and yet, i'm having more fun than i know what to do with, most days.  it's awesome.

so how is everyone?  del-mom? pieces?  *waves like crazy*  is appy still around? i'll have to go check the pet boards. 

anyway, hi, everyone. nice to see you, nice to meet you, i may have time this semester to stop in semi-regularly.

see ya
runegurl
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 3:59PM #2
Victorias_First_Secret
Hiya runegurl!  I haven't see you in ages!  Sounds like you're doing really well. 

Appy can still be found on the Being Single board, along with a few of the old gang.

Good to see ya!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 3:59PM #3
The_Absent_Minded_Princess
HEY GIRL !!! Great to see you and know you are doing well. :)  I'll talk more when the freaking phone isn't ringing.  damn it to hell
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 10:26AM #4
runegurl
*waves*  Hiya, VFS! Hiya POL!  how goes it?

POL, what are you doing now?  are you still in the insurance biz?  or have you branched out to running a corporate crime empire---because you know you got the chops for it.  hee....and i mean that in a GOOD way!
rune
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 10:37AM #5
The_Absent_Minded_Princess
[QUOTE=runegurl;740392]*waves*  Hiya, VFS! Hiya POL!  how goes it?

POL, what are you doing now?  are you still in the insurance biz?  or have you branched out to running a corporate crime empire---because you know you got the chops for it.  hee....and i mean that in a GOOD way!
rune[/QUOTE]

LOL

Nope, as of next May I will have my Masters in Secondary Edu to teach English.  I can't wait!   I really can't wait to be DONE with State Farm.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2008 - 6:39PM #6
appy20
Rune!!!  There you are!  ::waves::

How is Rillibee?  When will you be finished with school? How much longer?

My life has had quite a turnouround too.  I recently changed jobs and am an Assistant Director of a rural regional library system and I LOVE IT.  Better money, better hours, better people to work with and most of all wonderful library cats as mascots.  And we get to wear jeans to work.  Plus, I found out yesterday that, most likely, I and my current boss will be going back to school in about 14 months (fingers crossed) and we will make even more money.   

Things are soooooo different!!

I am glad you are enjoying shcool.  The broke will not last.  The demand for nurses is growing and salaries are high.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2008 - 6:41PM #7
appy20
How are your parents doing?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2008 - 8:31PM #8
blownawayby
RUNE ! APPY ! 

i cannot imagine you girls will remember me because i have been missing in action for even longer !  i used to post quite a bit way back like - 3 years ago? we started out talking about the south street beach diet- and you were both so encouraging... then there was the great broke back mountain debate for which i was kicked off the boards... and so much more. Does delmarva still come around? i think i see paula edwina and another old regular over on the poetry boards now and then.... anyway- sounds like oyu are both well. i too went through major changes- my divorce was finalized about a year ao, and the entire process was  one big train wreck. but i have lived to tell the tale !
welcome back rune!   i remember that both of you have pets, yes? at one point you had posted their pictures? ahhh it all comes back to me now !

am not too sure i like this new format, but it appears that change is good !

blownaway
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2008 - 4:45PM #9
sharon_bivens
Wow!  You sound very happy.  I am proud for you!!

Sharon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2008 - 9:37AM #10
delmarvamom

blownawayby wrote:

RUNE ! APPY !

i cannot imagine you girls will remember me because i have been missing in action for even longer ! i used to post quite a bit way back like - 3 years ago? we started out talking about the south street beach diet- and you were both so encouraging... then there was the great broke back mountain debate for which i was kicked off the boards... and so much more. Does delmarva still come around? i think i see paula edwina and another old regular over on the poetry boards now and then.... anyway- sounds like oyu are both well. i too went through major changes- my divorce was finalized about a year ao, and the entire process was one big train wreck. but i have lived to tell the tale !
welcome back rune! i remember that both of you have pets, yes? at one point you had posted their pictures? ahhh it all comes back to me now !

am not too sure i like this new format, but it appears that change is good !

blownaway

I am so touched that I was asked about! I miss the old days of "Women's Spirituality" when this was a busy board.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook