Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2008 - 6:27PM #1
kimikari
I hope I put this in the right place! I just want to say hello and start off with a question! What is everyone's opinion on prayer beads, do they help, and if they do how so? I like them, have hardly used them, but I do like them! I am a staff member at a retreat in 2 1/2 weeks and would like some input on the topics I have to work on. Well if you can think of anything else related to Prayer beads, such as a favorite prayer? Please feel free to post!
Peace all!
Parker
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2008 - 7:30PM #2
malanga
There is overwhelming info on prayer beads on the net, but you can start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_beads

I use prayer beads to help me focus on my specific prayers, and the repetition helps me achieve a meditation-like state of mind.  I suggest experimenting with some type of prayer beads, such as an Anglican Rosary or an Eastern Orthodox 33 bead Chotki and going from there.  Peace.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 21, 2008 - 1:56AM #3
lexa_blue
I have several sets, all of which I made myself.  For me, there is a fine line between prayer beads and jewelry.  I usually make prayer beads, as such, for myself, and jewelry for friends and family--but I absolutely will wear certain beads as a way to keep them with me.  I am a very tactile person, so I really like to have something to hold on to in order to focus my prayers.
Blessings,
Lexa
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 05, 2008 - 11:07PM #4
sandiya
[QUOTE=kimikari;213744]I hope I put this in the right place! I just want to say hello and start off with a question! What is everyone's opinion on prayer beads, do they help, and if they do how so? I like them, have hardly used them, but I do like them! I am a staff member at a retreat in 2 1/2 weeks and would like some input on the topics I have to work on. Well if you can think of anything else related to Prayer beads, such as a favorite prayer? Please feel free to post!
Peace all!
Parker[/QUOTE]

I am catholic and they use prayer beads. like all religion. muslim, hindhu's budism I believe all religions use is.  It is the most powerful prayer you can do.  My husband was alcoholic me and my children started to say the prayer beads and now he had no drinks it has been 3 years now.  It is most powerful prayer no matter what religion you are
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2008 - 1:41PM #5
hajali

kimikari wrote:

I hope I put this in the right place! I just want to say hello and start off with a question! What is everyone's opinion on prayer beads, do they help, and if they do how so? I like them, have hardly used them, but I do like them! I am a staff member at a retreat in 2 1/2 weeks and would like some input on the topics I have to work on. Well if you can think of anything else related to Prayer beads, such as a favorite prayer? Please feel free to post!
Peace all!
Parker

ok, I selected  you these two prayers:   (hope that you believe with one and only God).

I witness Allah (God) hath power over all things."Allah is Subtle high kind; Allah is Aware of every thing.(You repeat these three times)

if you feel it touching your heart that will be positive sign for you, IF not try to go deep with those meanings:  Power, Subtle, and Aware. Of the Lord.

Then read to comprehend this verse:

3:26 Say: O Allah! Owner of Sovereignty! Thou givest sovereignty unto whom Thou wilt, and Thou withdrawest sovereignty from whom Thou wilt. Thou exaltest whom Thou wilt and Thou abasest whom Thou wilt. In Thy hand is the good. Lo! Thou art Able to do all things.

After that you repeat these words as mush as you can; let it be hundred time;
Glory to Allah and His praises, Allah gratefulness,glory to Allah the Greatest.

In the end you name your request (ask) . wish you very good luck,...

Salam/ peacer
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2009 - 12:03PM #6
ladysky
It is not really the beads that helps.  Its the prayer, and meditation.  That works.  The beads are just a tool.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2009 - 1:13PM #7
ManzanitaBear
For some people, handling something helps them focus, and prayer is a situation where focusing is important.

I expect prayer beads would become imbued with prayer energy over time, if they're always handled in that situation.  I've never used them, but I have, and have had, objects that meant something to me in that way.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2009 - 8:15AM #8
Red Feather
I make my own prayer beads but have also used a rosary. I like using them because it helps me focus on the prayers. My beads always include a small circle that I call a Finger Labryinth. I use mine to pray the Lord's Prayer.

Rev. Barber
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2009 - 8:15AM #9
Red Feather
I make my own prayer beads but have also used a rosary. I like using them because it helps me focus on the prayers. My beads always include a small circle that I call a Finger Labryinth. I use mine to pray the Lord's Prayer.

Rev. Barber
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2009 - 3:53PM #10
nettiel
hi,i also make prayer beads 50 beads to 100 beads in length.i have several ads on the internet prayer beads.iam also putting together a prayer beads business,hope to hear something soon.god bless all nettiel
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook