Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
4 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2011 - 8:08AM #11
openess

Jan 14, 2008 -- 6:27PM, kimikari wrote:

I hope I put this in the right place! I just want to say hello and start off with a question! What is everyone's opinion on prayer beads, do they help, and if they do how so? I like them, have hardly used them, but I do like them! I am a staff member at a retreat in 2 1/2 weeks and would like some input on the topics I have to work on. Well if you can think of anything else related to Prayer beads, such as a favorite prayer? Please feel free to post!
Peace all!
Parker

i purchased via online a wool prayer rope from orthodox nuns on an alaskan island very remote  only few months fishermen can get thru waters around them due to rough waters and cold. when i started to say the jesus prayer on each knot i began a simple chant i had not heard in 25 years from a russian orthodox church i sometimes visited{i am catholic}. the words just kept flowing so i believe these nuns on that remote island prayer warriors say that chant and it was transmitted to me via the handmade wool prayer rope. mary margaret kujawa "grottoflower"

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook