Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
6 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 12:07AM #1
dreamhealth
As I drifted in and out of sleep in early morning today, I noticed that they were integrating and repairing parts of myself that did not know each other.

It was interesting to slightly wake up and realize that my "thinking in my sleep" was really dreaming.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 3:06AM #2
Shamanmystic
did you see imagery integrating or did a dream characer ie doctor, wizard, sorceress appear and integrate and heal parts?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 6:29AM #3
dreamhealth
No such character appeared.

I find it rude of you to plaster every single post with your verbious reactions. You are acting like "the all-knowing one", and no one here thinks that is what you are. I have it in mind to report you to Beliefnet for taking up too much space, which I will probably do tomorrow. Two-thirds of your writings are pastings from other sources as well as dream dictionaries, which people can do themselves if they are interested. No one is posting anything to your volumnous dreams, which you don't seem to see the point of yourself. And on it goes...I think that this forum is in danger of dying because someone is bullying it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 6:43AM #4
dreamhealth
Instead of waiting for tomorrow, I reported you today to the administrator of beliefnet for over-posting and pasting. This excessive behavior has gone on long enough.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 8:52AM #5
Saberee

dreamhealth wrote:

Instead of waiting for tomorrow, I reported you today to the administrator of beliefnet for over-posting and pasting. This excessive behavior has gone on long enough.

What exist does so for some reason even if that reason is for you to fight it. As for me Shamanmystic postings are fine. Posting one's insight in a dream message board does no harm to me. As for the pastings I find them interesting.

SM has a warrior heart so when he's defining reason it may come out a little harsh for some and he may come off a little competitive at times but I don't think he means any harm from it.

Anyway just my opinion...

Your dream appears to be your subconscious mind trying to communicate with your conscious mind and vice versa.  Your subconscious mind speaks in whispers, images and metaphors while your conscious mind speaks loud and clear. To understand what your subconscious is telling you is like knowing another language.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 7:51AM #6
moogle
As I drifted in and out of sleep in early morning today, I noticed that they were integrating and repairing parts of myself that did not know each other.

I don't quite understand this. Could you explain it a little?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2009 - 9:40AM #7
dreamhealth
I think that I was half-awake and half-asleep during this time. If we think of the dream/vision as a projection screen, the broken pieces are oneself can be thought of as projectors of the movie. In this instance, several projectors, not one, are contributing to the movie (dream).

I posted this experience because I thought that I was seeing, first-hand, how dreams contribute to making us whole: more than one part of ourselves--in conflict or simply unrelated, broken off because of trauma--contribute to the dream.

Thinking about this multi-projection theory further, it is no wonder that our dreams are often hard to understand, coming as they do from different sources. Consider what watching a movie created by five or six directors would be like. No one director would be able to guide the over-all plan, as is normally the case in making a movie. I believe that God is one, but only one, of the directors in our dreams, filling in the cracks, making connections, beefing up the symbols, and making some of his own.

Back to this post: I thought I was witnessing healing and not just waking up to it that night.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2009 - 1:15PM #8
moogle
So it was an understanding? Seeing the pieces coming  together and fitting together perfectly.

It made me think of how some see the actual dream form if they practice WILD (going into a dream while conscious).

Though half waking up and experiencing what you felt sounds more fulfilling.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2009 - 1:57PM #9
Urukai
Integration...incorporating...combining...I think you said it best yourself Moogle -"...Repairing parts of Myself"  that were unfamilar or had become isolated.For a moment you become aware of the process...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2009 - 9:05PM #10
dreamhealth
Aanother way to put this is that I have some inner awareness when I am awake, and you probably also do. When I am asleep, I am mostly unconscious, but I do see a "screen" when I am sleeping. In this instance, I was aware of my familiar self, but I was also dreaming: neither one were very clear because it was like being in the middle of both.

It was nothing great, but I had not seen the way dreams are made before, not that I totally did. It just seemed that all parts of myself had a hand in making the dream, therefore a mechanism of integration.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook